• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

I'm aware of Big Boss even though I haven't finished 3 and haven't even played 5. 3 is considered the best in the series so I'm looking forward to completing it once I finish the other games on my list.

MGS3 is great, but MGS5 is definitely my favourite, purely from a gameplay perspective. It's everything I had hoped from MGS after playing 3

See I think how fucking stupid it is might end up a charming avtion/espionage movie.
MGS3 is great, but MGS5 is definitely my favourite, purely from a gameplay perspective. It's everything I had hoped from MGS after playing 3
Such a shame Konami didn't let him flesh out the game like he wanted. It's great, but you can tell he planned for a third area he never got to make.

Gattsu25

Banned
Twin Snakes is better than the PSX version anyways. I'd be there day 1 for that.

Metal Gear has always been wonky enough gameplay-wise (until 5) that I prioritize the story over the minute-to-minute gameplay. So... no.

I mean, from a gameplay perspective I get it. It has a lot of the improvements from MGS2 added to a game that barely makes use of them. It's like playing a sub-par MGS2 with a retelling of the MGS1 story by someone who never really got it.

I guess that's up some peoples' wheelhouse.

zeemumu

Such a shame Konami didn't let him flesh out the game like he wanted. It's great, but you can tell he planned for a third area he never got to make.

Konami just wasn't down to give him the budget that he needed for it. The game cost $80 million to make. I wonder how much money Paramount would've given him to make a Metal Gear Solid movie considering they gave Monster Trucks a $120 million budget.

Rising probably has the best gameplay of any of the MGS games because it's Platinum.

Slayven, why are reporters/investigative journalists in comics so inept? How the hell did they even survive before becoming the love interest of a superhero? I hate that trope of "I'm a quick-witted journalist but can't figure out that this guy I always hang out with is a superhero." I hate it so much. It betrays the intelligence that you were trying to establish for the character because the secret identity usually isn't well-hidden for comedic purposes. Especially because the villain figures it out long before they ever do.

akira28

We can all agree that Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain shat the bed, right?

I think the general consensus is that Konami wears most of the blame for that.

We don't play Kojima games for quick and efficient shooters that can be finished in 10 hours that take a predictable 24 months to make.

Metal Gear has always been wonky enough gameplay-wise (until 5) that I prioritize the story over the minute-to-minute gameplay. So... no.

I mean, from a gameplay perspective I get it. It has a lot of the improvements from MGS2 added to a game that barely makes use of them. It's like playing a sub-par MGS2 with a retelling of the MGS1 story by someone who never really got it.

I guess that's up some peoples' wheelhouse.

The story has always been over the top. Twin Snakes just embraces it.

D i Z

MGS4 ends with a fistfight on a military platform while a nuclear sub chills there.

MGS2 ends with you sword fighting the fucking president of the United States.

Shits always been crazy.

Kind of feel like a lot of games should adopt this in some form or another for the rest of this term.

I'm wondering how long it'll take before Horizon is put up to challenge TR for the crown.
MS bought out TR timed exclusive to compete with Uncharted, and Guerilla straight up said "fuck your Lara. We've bringing alla that in house".

One of the first things that always came to mind for me whenever I had to explain the immediate differences between experiencing Old TR and the new was.....

Dinosaur fights! That, and trap dodging like a motherfucker.

MGS4 ends with a fistfight on a military platform while a nuclear sub chills there.

Shits always been crazy.

You don't know how bad I want this to be real:

LYyKM2j.jpg

zeemumu

Shits always been crazy.

MGS1 ends with you fighting hand to hand with your evil clone brother on top of a destroyed mech that's built to launch nukes inside of an underground facility set to explode. Pretty sure the end of MGS4 is an homage to this because Revolver's name keeps changing during each phase because he's coming out of his Liquid brainwash retcon.

Metal Gear Rising ends with a US Senator revealing that he started an international incident because "I have a dream" and then proceeds to get buff and fight a cyborg samurai and his robot dog.

Gattsu25

Banned
The gameplay is the best part of the series though. The jank is what makes it fun.

Cept in 4 cause you barely get to actually play the game.

I agree to a point.

The gameplay isn't great, but I like it.

From a gameplay perspective:
MGS5 > MGS2 > MGS3 > MGS1 >>>> MGS4

From a story perspective:
MGS3 > MGS1 > MGS2 >>>>>>> MGS5 > MGS4

And an overall ranking:
MGS3 = MGS2 > MGS1 > MGS5 >>>>> MGS4

MGS1 ends with you fighting hand to hand with your evil clone brother on top of a destroyed mech that's built to launch nukes inside of an underground facility set to explode. Pretty sure the end of MGS4 is an homage to this because Revolver's name keeps changing during each phase because he's coming out of his Liquid brainwash retcon.

Metal Gear Rising ends with a US Senator revealing that he started an international incident because "I have a dream" and then proceeds to get buff and fight a cyborg samurai and his robot dog.
It's an homage to all three games before it. That's why the HUD changes along with the names and Snake Eater starts playing in one of the phases. It's a nice touch.

And yes it's spoilers I don't care that shit is ten years old if you haven't played it that's on you at this point.
You don't know how bad I want this to be real:

LYyKM2j.jpg
Get Seth Green on the line.

zeemumu

It's an homage to all three games before it. That's why the HUD changes along with the names and Snake Eater starts playing in one of the phases. It's a nice touch.

And yes it's spoilers I don't care that shit is ten years old if you haven't played it that's on you at this point.

True.

A lot of MGS4 referred to the first. B&B was FOXHOUND, Shadow Moses, Psycho Mantis.

I haven't finished 3 but know enough to know that The Sorrow and a few other things were from that and put into 4

D i Z

If Konami hadn't crippled 5 with that resource jacking to dump it all into MP that I never wanted to touch, I would have happily finished that game.
As it stands I can't stomach the thought of reinstalling it. Went against my better judgement and bought in.

Jackholes.

Get Seth Green on the line.

No not everyone has the ducketts to play everything. That's sounds like just being an ass.

zeemumu

Man, attacking the earth in Doctor Who is like showing up in Gotham and being like "Surely no one will stop me from robbing this bank."

Apparently there was a major black art exhibit going on at Old Dominion University.... around the corner from my house. It was trending on Twitter, that was how I found out about it.

But naw.

I was sitting in my room watching wrasslin

Numb

Gantz manga was pretty dope till the last arc with
the aliens
Shit cant end properly nowadays
Osaka and Dinos tho

Why people giving this little girl the time of day? I'm starting to believe TMZ when they say she really like 25 instead of a 13yo. Why is there no social worker speaking to her and her mother.

Morning BCT.

Why people giving this little girl the time of day? I'm starting to believe TMZ when they say she really like 25 instead of a 13yo. Why is there no social worker speaking to her and her mother.

Morning BCT.
Mornin

That crazy meme bitch is still a thing? Good lord y'all it's been a month just let her go away before she gets a reality show like those dumb fat inbred hillbillies did on what was once the learning channel.

FyreWulff

Sometimes a game just comes out and it's like "hi i'm that game you remember and i'm fun and yeah let's have some fun"

that's Halo Wars 2

just a fun arcade RTS series, been enjoying it all night

Mornin

That crazy meme bitch is still a thing? Good lord y'all it's been a month just let her go away before she gets a reality show like those dumb fat inbred hillbillies did on what was once the learning channel.

Sadly, you know how that internet fame go. But, I wouldn't doubt her getting a show, she's trending, especially now with dumbass soulja boy. VH1, MTV, WE?, gonna step up to the plate eventually and see how profitable these radio interviews and TMZ is making her every single time they stop to ask her questions.

Who's this girl?
Catch me outside girl.

Johndoey

Banned
We can all agree that Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain shat the bed, right?

It's a complete mess and a not in a way that can be totally blamed on Konami. As you get further in you can see the budget constraints and areas where shit was hastily cut, but a lot of the other issues are on Kojima.

MGSIV is a piece of interactive fiction stitched together with awful exposition dumps and reveals. MGS 3 is probably the pinnacle of the series just for being separate from a good bit of the bullshit the other games wallow in.

Sadly, you know how that internet fame go. But, I wouldn't doubt her getting a show, she's trending, especially now with dumbass soulja boy. VH1, MTV, WE?, gonna step up to the plate eventually and see how profitable these radio interviews and TMZ is making her every single time they stop to ask her questions.

Catch me outside girl.

Just looked her up.... wish I hadn't.

Numb

The mother of the Cash me outside chick is disgusting. Sucia.

Kodak Black had her be in one of his latest music videos. Smh

G'morning.
Kodak is whack
She should just stay indoors. The wind might take her out if she goes outside. She twelve and tiny.
Morning. Recovered enough to go back to gym. Gonna see how long i can be on the treadmill

Johndoey

Banned
New Trump travel ban order nearing completion

The Trump administration is planning to roll out as early as this week a revised executive order on immigration that the President says will "protect our people" while at the same time pass muster with courts that halted an earlier version.

Sources said the new order will clarify a point that caused confusion the first time around: The executive order will not impact green card holders.

"The President is contemplating releasing a tighter, more streamlined version of the first executive order," Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said at the Munich Security Conference over the weekend. Acknowledging the rushed rollout of the previous order that caused chaos in airports across the country and widespread demonstrations, Kelly said that officials are working on a "phase in" period for parts of the order to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom