• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Next week is Switchmas. Really hyped.

Evening.

What it is, brother.

I was just thinking that a Nintendo reveal is kind of like xmas to a lot of people, and that Nintendo Japan are like second Santa.
That kind of cache you just don't see in many places.

Believe.

Joe Rogan is a piece of shit in his own way too

Why you knocking all of those young white male role models tho...

Malyse

Controversial opinion: I think the Switch
  1. is going to work really well
  2. will be the "last" Nintendo console in the same vein as Apple's iPhones are all call "the iPhone" and not the "iPhone 5S" or "iPhone SE"
In a year, I expect a dockless model at a lower price point a la 2DS.
In about 2 years, I expect a Switch refresh with slightly higher capabilities and maybe a pack-in at the same price point.
In 3 years, the dockless gets an upgrade at a lower price point and we go on switching till the end of time. Nintendo has made it very clear that they don't see Sony and Microsoft as the competition; they wanna fight Apple.

Also, when are Xbone, PS4, Switch, and iPhone coming to Neptunia?

----

NSFFW

D i Z

If Trumps younger supporters know that he is completely clownshoes and they love him and other controversial shitlords like Milo because of it, I'd be interesting to see how this plays out in their personal lives. Many of their families and parents "need" him and earnestly believe that he's protecting their values and will give action to their bigotry and make it normal to be warmongering and fearful at the same time.
I'm just wondering what those families look like. That kind of separation of ambition between the edgy and irresponsible, and the really bigoted and fearful.

Seeing how some people who have parents that support that vile shit have trouble reconciling those differences with them, what does it look like when a person frames it all as disaffected lulz and is enjoying watching the fallout because they expect nothing more than to stay empty inside? How do they even view their folks, and what does that even mean for the values of respecting family, elders, traditions, and all the other things we learn and do under parental guidance?
Would be interesting to get a peep at the future and see what happens when these younger people are in positions to support (or not) their families and communities.

Shy

Didn't know you were getting one
What games?
Just Zelda.

And if i'm paid the money i'm owed, Bomberman R.
What it is, brother.
Yo. Not much.

Hope you're enjoying Nioh.
I was just thinking that a Nintendo reveal is kind of like xmas to a lot of people, and that Nintendo Japan are like second Santa.
That kind of cache you just don't see in many places.

Believe.
Yep. Which is why it's so infuriating to see them constantly piss it away, with their tone-deafness and incompetence.
Why you knocking all of those young white male role models tho...
Because he's a race baiter. 😝
Controversial opinion: I think the Switch
  1. is going to work really well
  2. will be the "last" Nintendo console in the same vein as Apple's iPhones are all call "the iPhone" and not the "iPhone 5S" or "iPhone SE"
In a year, I expect a dockless model at a lower price point a la 2DS.
In about 2 years, I expect a Switch refresh with slightly higher capabilities and maybe a pack-in at the same price point.
In 3 years, the dockless gets an upgrade at a lower price point and we go on switching till the end of time. Nintendo has made it very clear that they don't see Sony and Microsoft as the competition; they wanna fight Apple.

Also, when are Xbone, PS4, Switch, and iPhone coming to Neptunia?
I agree with that. Except for the dockless version, i don't think they'll do that.
LOL.

Malyse

Just Zelda.

And if i'm paid the money i'm owed, Bomberman R.

Yo. Not much.

Hope you're enjoying Nioh.

Yep. Which is why it's so infuriating to see them constantly piss it away, with their tone-deafness and incompetence.

Because he's a race baiter. 😝

I agree with that. Except for the dockless version, i don't think they'll do that.

LOL.

The dockless version is actually the thing I'm *most* certain of. That's how they take over the 3DS market with kids. Hell, I'd buy my mom a dockless Switch.

D i Z

The dockless version is actually the thing I'm *most* certain of. That's how they take over the 3DS market with kids. Hell, I'd buy my mom a dockless Switch.

So you're thinking that their goal is to transfer their console audience straight into being handheld (ignoring the cross over that already exists) and keep the tech limits bound to handheld hardware?

Malyse

So you're thinking that their goal is to transfer their console audience straight into being handheld (ignoring the cross over that already exists) and keep the tech limits bound to handheld hardware?

Look at where they've succeeded most. Console has been hit and miss, but they're never had anyone come remotely close to them on handhelds.

D i Z

Look at where they've succeeded most. Console has been hit and miss, but they're never had anyone come remotely close to them on handhelds.

Agreed on where their most recent successes are. I don't see them ditching the dock though. That feels too circular for the product line. Also I'm sure that they know that they'd lose a not insignificant portion of their audience that has no interest in a pure handheld.

Evening all, how's it going?

Watching avatar the last airbender and listening to music.

So I got a question for you guys, if you had superpowers:

1. What would they be?
2. Would you be a hero, anti-hero or just live your life?

For me:

1. The power of creating energy constructs, flight, energy blasts, shields, durability and strength.

2. I'll be a hero, until one sorry ass villain threatens the people I care about. Then I just say fuck it and go full on anti-hero. I'm talking straight moon knight shit with green lantern powers. Except the energy is blue.

Malyse

Agreed on where their most recent successes are. I don't see them ditching the dock though. That feels too circular for the product line. Also I'm sure that they know that they'd lose a not insignificant portion of their audience that has no interest in a pure handheld.

I'm saying 2DS it. Don't make it the standard model, but have it as an option. For example, if you had two kids, buy a Switch and a dockless Switch instead of two full setups.

1. What would they be?

I want complete control over time and telekinesis. By complete control, I mean slow down, speed up, rewind and stop and well as the capacity to reverse or increase the effect of time decay on objects.

And I'd kill everyone I hate and manipulate the world in my own favor.

1. What would they be?

1. Electromagnetism
2. I wouldn't do anything special with my power that would have attention on me

D i Z

I'm saying 2DS it. Don't make it the standard model, but have it as an option. For example, if you had two kids, buy a Switch and a dockless Switch instead of two full setups.

I see what you're saying now. This I could see working if they can get around the confusion of having dock systems in the same home as well. Switch being the one form factor but but having two editions has still got that promise that Nintendo is going to make it somehow weird and more complicated than they need to.

The potential for them to confuse the issue is exactly why this would be a likely turn:p

LionPride

Banned

1. What would they be?
Superspeed of like Flash levels, so infinite mass punch, speed reading and ability to retain, phasing, time travel, all of that

A hero/live my life

Here in Memphis, I'd be a hero. I'd be down for it.

Somewhere else? Probably live my life and if I hear about something going down, I'll help

Mizerman

1. What would they be?

For me:

1. The power of creating energy constructs, flight, energy blasts, shields, durability and strength.

2. I'll be a hero, until one sorry ass villain threatens the people I care about. Then I just say fuck it and go full on anti-hero. I'm talking straight moon knight shit with green lantern powers. Except the energy is blue.

1. Vector Manipulation
2. Hero/live my life. If I see some nonsense in front of me, I'll do something about it. Otherwise, I'll be trying to live my life.

Beefy

1. What would they be?

For me:

1. My power would be that I am indestructible with super strength.
2. I would be a hero, but one that actually kills evil dudes. Then get bored after 100 yrs and live under the sea.

D i Z

I'd take the power to talk or suggest people out of a bad decisions. Preferably telepathic with no geographical limit. The fail safe would be that it only works on what would be determined as a bad decision in the soon to be an alternate timeline, determined my own morality to avoid complications and loopholes like something evil leading to something that is arguably good. This limits my power to not be used for evil unless I really work out some sinister and convoluted shit. I could also get rich as a risk averse advisor.

BCT meet ups would be funded indefinitely, or until the Reps ID'd me and took me out on my way to my Shanghai retreat.

Numb

1. What would they be?

For me:

Cultivation or mind reading
No hero or villain
Too lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom