• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Smog here isn't too bad. I live just next to Hong Kong, but up in the north like Beijing the smog gets to amazing levels. Once the snow starts falling everyone starts burning their 'clean coal' and it gets to the point where you pick the pollution out of the air with your bare hand.
Looks like you have to chew the air.
But would we see a sudden spike in Wii U sales as they all scramble to re-buy the console they just sold?

Maximize the carnage. It would be like a whimper heard from space. But on land, the unified cries of despair would buckle the equator.

I would not be shocked if folks went out to get a Wii U for the game.

FyreWulff

a while back all the box stores locally even stopped having Us. They just have a giant placeholder "SWITCH MARCH 2017" taking up the entire spot where the Us used to be.

Numb

Disc Jam is cool. Only played one proper match so far but it was good fun.
Need to get on that
Everything about it looks cool
a while back all the box stores locally even stopped having Us. They just have a giant placeholder "SWITCH MARCH 2017" taking up the entire spot where the Us used to be.
You gotta search to see where the Switch ads are at my store
It's small and the Wii U burn is remembered😂😂

D i Z

Need to get on that
Everything about it looks cool

You gotta search to see where the Switch ads are at my store
It's small and the Wii U burn is remembered😂😂

I forgot about that. Any nervous biddy out there is doubly fucked if they scramble to get a WiiU out of desperation.

You really can't make this shit up. Thanks for the lulz Nintendo.

Numb

I forgot about that. Any nervous biddy out there is doubly fucked if they scramble to get a WiiU out of desperation.

You really can't make this shit up. Thanks for the lulz Nintendo.
Launch seasons are fantastic
Too bad PS4 x Xbone blood brawl can't be replicated easily
Too much had to fall into place

FyreWulff

Probably was becoming a fire hazard with all the dust

Still crazy to think that every single Wii U in existence were all made in 2012 and early 2013

like at some point they even called back a bunch of the 8GBs and added a 32GB drive to them and sent them back out instead of just making a new batch of 32GBs

Slayven

Still crazy to think that every single Wii U in existence were all made in 2012 and early 2013

like at some point they even called back a bunch of the 8GBs and added a 32GB drive to them and sent them back out instead of just making a new batch of 32GBs

Is that where all the refurbs come from?

aWmmYD2_460s.jpg

Can't decide if this is worse than that Scooby Doo one from before or not

YO I WILL FIGHT SOMEONE!

Merc_

Man, the prices for the scalpers who survived the cancellation wave are going to soar. Some folks are going to be making some real bank off of all of this.

D i Z

So is getting a PS4 Pro worth it?

If you've got the tv to go along with it yeah. They're the same price as a reg ps4 right now. Horizon, Nioh, by all accounts are worth the boost as is BB.

Edit: There's also ME: Andy coming along the way real soon.

If you've got the tv to go along with it yeah. They're the same price as a reg ps4 right now. Horizon, Nioh, by all accounts are worth the boost as is BB.

Edit: There's also ME: Andy coming along the way real soon.

Bruh , I might end up grabbing a Pro by the time the PS5 come out

Got a nice 1080, Its a Sony 800C so I won't be picking up a 4K for a looooonnnggg time. Its a really nice TV tho, Im not missing nothing.

I just can't justify going to a Pro without a 4K set....

Guys WTF is up with these games with no romanceable Black Female options? Vivienne in Dragon Age was regulated to the sidelines and the new ME has no women of Colour again. Unless you count the aliens :\

Just finished reading Ms. Marvel Civil War II. I liked it, but I wish
her stay in Pakistan was longer. It felt way too short. Also, that superhero was definitely the guy that stayed in her building right? I think once they spoke they realized who each other were.
What else can I read?

Edit: You know the new Mass Effect book is being written by a black woman? N.K. Jemisin.

Merc_

Real talk when they were $500 at launch I lived next to a guy who skipped his water and heating bill to get an Xbone and Ghosts.

He was not a satisfied customer.

I remember that there was a GAF thread where a guy was deciding whether to get Splatoon or go without food for a week.

I remember that there was a GAF thread where a guy was deciding whether to get Splatoon or go without food for a week.

Who needs food, when you're a squid now?

I am one of those people that can't tell the difference in fidelity unless it is sd vs 1080p

I can't tell much of a difference between like, 420 and 1080, resolution has never been easy for me to tell "WOW" but the contrast in colors from 1080 to 4K are what I can see.

My eyes are progressively worse tho so that might contribute to it.

Don't got a 4k tv but its worth it for the performance boost. Last guardian helped justify that much.

If you don't have one its the way to go, I wouldn't recommend selling your soul to upgrade your current model. Unless of course you can off load it for a good price.

Tempted to find one of those Zelda special bundles just to hock it.

You and me both..

I wish I was at all surprised a thread about how toxic online gaming communities are wasn't basically just "they are just words, mute them and get over it god".
I know, right? I was surprised.
You'd think it'd go the way of the dodo since game walkthroughs are basically unnecessary nowadays.

D i Z

What's wrong?

Democrats and liberals = anti white male.
Feminism and Egalitarianism = anti white male.
Savior women and minorities = anti white male.

White males being portrayed as cowardly, weak, and villains.
The language used around concepts of strength and independence within a functioning social structure being oh so repugnant.
Aloy looks like Blake Griffin.

There's a lot! I'm absorbing it in doses.

Even more illuminating when you realize that compared to other big releases, it only had like 12-13 pages despite the hype. Now suddenly at 21 with numerous topics complaining about the usual.

Lol yea

Yeah it's crazy. I don't see it slowing down for a while either.

I wish I was at all surprised a thread about how toxic online gaming communities are wasn't basically just "they are just words, mute them and get over it god".

It was going to go the way that all of those threads go.
Don't ask me why, but I kind of expected Blizzard to be better at curbing that behavior, or show more interest in doing so.
PC Overwatch was always going to be a burning trash heap regardless.

These Arkansas people, I'm kinda proud and I should move there and get a white girl pregnant

I want to ask, but I kinda don't at the same time.

D i Z

From all accounts Horizon is putting a lot of games on blast. But I haven't seen anyone talk about how Ubisoft's production methods have squandered their concepts so badly that Farcry: Blood Dragon as apparently been obliterated by Guerrilla Games.

Just finished reading Ms. Marvel Civil War II. I liked it, but I wish
her stay in Pakistan was longer. It felt way too short. Also, that superhero was definitely the guy that stayed in her building right? I think once they spoke they realized who each other were.
What else can I read?

Edit: You know the new Mass Effect book is being written by a black woman? N.K. Jemisin.

I've heard good things about Mockingbird. What sort of comics are you looking for?

Merc_

Democrats and liberals = anti white male.
Feminism and Egalitarianism = anti white male.
Savior women and minorities = anti white male.

White males being portrayed as cowardly, weak, and villains.
The language used around concepts of strength and independence within a functioning social structure being oh so repugnant.
Aloy looks like Blake Griffin.

There's a lot! I'm absorbing it in doses.

Fuckin' lmao. That sounds so rich.

Also, the preorder cancellation thread is getting amazing. We have folks in there claiming that staying up late to click a button was stressful and they need the compensation of credit towards two switch games to make up for it.

Guys WTF is up with these games with no romanceable Black Female options? Vivienne in Dragon Age was regulated to the sidelines and the new ME has no women of Colour again. Unless you count the aliens :\

They would never get black love right, or nix my pessimism but I prefer it written by a black writer that knows black love. I'm in that same boat though, I was gutted by the option that Vivienne was not able to be romanced and probably missed out on any romance story line in DA:I, I avoid most romances in games because of the lack of black romance.

Which lead me to this

http://www.thezonegamer.com/2016/05/black-couples-in-video-games.html

But I don't agree with this article at all. Black couples exist in games for sure, but black love does not.

Mornin' BCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom