• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

397328.gif

Guys I just thought of the most awesome thing ever. A floating nightclub and I don't mean one that feels like an illusion of floating. I mean a nightclub that is floating high in the sky. You pay about 5 bucks to catch a shuttle up to the club, go in and have a ball. There's a colorful dance floor, laser lights, bar, arcade, food. And the best part, there is a giant dome surrounding the club, you know to make sure that no one drunk stumbles off the edge. It would be pretty awesome don't you think?

D i Z

I get the impression that the Scorpio is the box to put out now so that it can ride the titles coming out for the rest of this gen, all the way past the beginning of next gen.
They want to stop getting killed right at the start of every new generation by the competition and 1st party offerings.

Having software continually coming in across the generation line might help to avoid that pesky drought they always fall into. Keeping development open for Windows by way of having those titles on their console at the same time should also help them cut through Steam being the go to place for gamers with the console option.

It looks like the plan is not to own the console space, but to take the unclaimed space of PC/console gamers. An interesting reveal for E3 to drastically aid all of this would be more titles (especially 1st party) available with cross plat multiplayer in their ecosystem under a new umbrella or title. But this time with conviction. The same way they tried to push Azure and cloud gaming as an actual "new" thing past none gaming applications.

They really are trying to get by on a few established 1st party titles with the usual 3rd party plan, and avoiding going head to head out of the starting blocks with Sony and their studios again. That middle man allure is strong for MS so they are going to push their own walled garden strong at E3 with the Scorpio. Basically the Xbone regular is pretty fucked regardless of what they say before Scorpio comes out.

Good afternoon BCT. I had to hit up the dentist this morning and push out a powerpoint deck before I got my haircut. Now I'm looking and feeling fresh. I have one more business call to join at 4 and then I'm headed to the gym for a late chest day.

This will be interesting since all the huge "personalities" go to the gym after work instead of in the morning.

akira28

Guys I just thought of the most awesome thing ever. A floating nightclub and I don't mean one that feels like an illusion of floating. I mean a nightclub that is floating high in the sky. You pay about 5 bucks to catch a shuttle up to the club, go in and have a ball. There's a colorful dance floor, laser lights, bar, arcade, food. And the best part, there is a giant dome surrounding the club, you know to make sure that no one drunk stumbles off the edge. It would be pretty awesome don't you think?

those big floating rigid blimp hybrids are made for this in mind. If they catch on, you can expect this to be a reality around 2030.

85bna3u.jpg

edit: trump wants to know if you are a Bad enough Dude to be deported to Mexico.

Wait.. So the Switch is a handheld system they trying to past off as a home console cause it can hook up to a tv?

Nintendo hasn't heard of Chromecasting yet, they haven't made it to 2013

I get the impression that the Scorpio is the box to put out now so that it can ride the titles coming out for the rest of this gen, all the way past the beginning of next gen.
They want to stop getting killed right at the start of every new generation by the competition and 1st party offerings.

Having software continually coming in across the generation line might help to avoid that pesky drought they always fall into. Keeping development open for Windows by way of having those titles on their console at the same time should also help them cut through Steam being the go to place for gamers with the console option.

It looks like the plan is not to own the console space, but to take the unclaimed space of PC/console gamers. An interesting reveal for E3 to drastically aid all of this would be more titles (especially 1st party) available with cross plat multiplayer in their ecosystem under a new umbrella or title. But this time with conviction. The same way they tried to push Azure and cloud gaming as an actual "new" thing past none gaming applications.

They really are trying to get by on a few established 1st party titles with the usual 3rd party plan, and avoiding going head to head out of the starting blocks with Sony and their studios again. That middle man allure is strong for MS so they are going to push their own walled garden strong at E3 with the Scorpio. Basically the Xbone regular is pretty fucked regardless of what they say before Scorpio comes out.

Pish MS will drop all support of that shit within a year of a wiff of Sony starting to put our their next console it would be Wii U levels after launch of support from them

Slayven

They're in too deep to just leave. Maybe they're underestimating it a bit.

There is a good story behind MS, they were the shit just one generation ago. They came out of nowhere to sweep the leg from Sony.

MS literatlly has all the resources in the world but anything they put their weight behind seems to be cursed.

They're in too deep to just leave. Maybe they're underestimating it a bit.

They're more out than in. The new CEO is not big on hardware and wants to push the OS and services more than anything else. There's also the focus on Azure. Couple that with the divisions inability to appeal to markets other than the US and Uk, and you have the situation we have now. The console market is going to have to change again soon to address the competition from other types of media.

There is a good story behind MS, they were the shit just one generation ago. They came out of nowhere to sweep the leg from Sony.

MS literatlly has all the resources in the world but anything they put their weight behind seems to be cursed.

there has to be a good media analog for MS
they were the kid who was a loser in school (Xbox)
then they got cool in college by being a burn-out (360 red ring), got their act together junior year (360 slim)
go the hook up in a corporate job but it was at Enron (xbone launch)

D i Z

nice eye candy links

Qgeexkfm.jpg

thats ballpoint pen on paper, lol.

I don't Ello very often, but when I do there is usually something worth spending a little time with.

I was gonna wait a few weeks to pick up a Switch but the Zelda hype is getting to me. Halp

If this weeks problems on top of everything else isn't enough to hold you back then godspeed. Man the vessel, and get thee to the local Gamestop estate!

andthebeatgoeson

Does anyone really want them to succeed or lead the industry? They make some good games from time to time but they don't seem real interested in being on the industry. Always on was not needed. Glad they took a huge L. The online game has improved but i feel like that is less to do paying and more to do with not being able to take money and present a garbage product.

I would be happier with Sony at the lead.
I was gonna wait a few weeks to pick up a Switch but the Zelda hype is getting to me. Halp

Do it. What do you have to lose?

Slayven

Does anyone really want them to succeed or lead the industry? They make some good games from time to time but they don't seem real interested in being on the industry. Always on was not needed. Glad they took a huge L. The online game has improved but i feel like that is less to do paying and more to do with not being able to take money and present a garbage product.

I would be happier with Sony at the lead.

Do it. What do you have to lose?

No but it is to everyone's advantage to have a competitive industry.

D i Z

The problem is and I think that most would agree that they don't seem at all too interested in competing unless they're leading. As basic as that notion is, even then I don't see that as an actual goal for them. They've lead before but not in ways that couldn't be siphoned away by competition and interests outside of that one box. The advances that we credit them for weren't locked down in a manner that couldn't be replicated and dealt in more appealing ways. They want those dollars but they are less interested in gaming as a whole, as they are in expanding influence into living spaces and lifestyles. Ever since the 360 with the crazy paywalls they've been all but telling us out loud that they want to dominate the service distribution game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom