• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Learning to be confrontational is life's biggest struggle.

You know... That's funny.

Your rules and conduct are holding you back.
They ain't playing by your rules.
I'm not saying that you should do what I would do, but they are going to continue until you MAKE them stop.

Shadows of Mordor was an awesome story wrapped in a boring, frustrating letdown of a gameplay system.

This reads backwards to me.

LionPride

Banned
I'm petty as fuck, not giving me a key even though I keep asking for it...no rent till I get my key.

Just doesn't make sense not to give you a key

zeemumu

Shadows of Mordor was an awesome story wrapped in a boring, frustrating letdown of a gameplay system.

The Nemesis System was awesome and the core gameplay was a mix of Assassin's Creed parkour and Arkham Asylum combat, right down to jumping off of giant towers to fill out your map and the wraith stun being the cape stun.

For me the main problem was that the map felt a little boring for how large it was and the game post-nemesis system wasn't as fun.

D i Z

I'm petty as fuck, not giving me a key even though I keep asking for it...no rent till I get my key.

It makes perfect sense. They're pulling bitch cards. Dude needs to quit pushing up his glasses and set them straight.

LionPride

Banned
It makes perfect sense. They're pulling bitch cards. Dude needs to quit pushing up his glasses and set them straight.

I guess it's just because for me, the first couple times I ask for a key and you said you would get it and you don't...no more conversation.

Give me the damn key if you want my help paying rent. Izuna has the leverage here, just needs to be assertive

Just break down the damn door

Also something I would do

Nudull

Banned
The Nemesis System was awesome and the core gameplay was a mix of Assassin's Creed parkour and Arkham Asylum combat, right down to jumping off of giant towers to fill out your map and the wraith stun being the cape stun.

For me the main problem was that the map felt a little boring for how large it was and the game post-nemesis system wasn't as fun.

The Nemesis system is pretty good, it's just that the trial-and-error leveling got on my nerves as I powered through, and it took a while for me to get to a place where I was having fun. Weirdly, I didn't have this issue with the Arkham games.

zeemumu

The Nemesis system is pretty good, it's just that the trial-and-error leveling got on my nerves as I powered through, and it took a while for me to get to a place where I was having fun. Weirdly, I didn't have this issue with the Arkham games.

The Arkham games felt a bit easier because you were given more than enough tools to neutralize any specialized enemy in any location. In Shadows of Mordor you had to lure some guy to a specific spot because he's afraid of bees but be careful not to shoot the explosive barrels to clear out the area because fire makes him angry/more powerful. There were a lot of details to juggle. Then there was the possibility that they may not even die, and sometimes an informant would get caught up in the fight so now you have to find a way to soul-interrogate him in the middle of a live combat zone. There was a lot going on.

I guess it's just because for me, the first couple times I ask for a key and you said you would get it and you don't...no more conversation.

Give me the damn key if you want my help paying rent. Izuna has the leverage here, just needs to be assertive

Also something I would do

See

I wouldn't move in without a key. Due to some circumstances if you had to bite the bullet, cool, move in without a key. But they wouldn't be getting rent money going forward if I still gotta be let in like I'm visiting.

Izuna

Banned
Your rules and conduct are holding you back.
They ain't playing by your rules.
I'm not saying that you should do what I would do, but they are going to continue until you MAKE them stop.

Spoke to flatmate (not landlord who were apparently at the movies) and apologised profusely for requesting her key so I can cut it myself.

The following (text) conversation happened with the landlord(s):

Me: Nvm, I jumped over

Hey Sorry just saw your message
Is [random chick] not home yet
I'll definitely get you a key when I get back

Me: She just came home. I will copy her key tomorrow before coming back home.

Me: At least I've found that the garden door isn't locked.
I'm so sorry

I was at cinemas
Just saw ur message

Me: No it's okay, I'm not annoyed at all. Did you watch Get Out? :D

No
What is it about?

Me: It's a thriller that's getting perfect reviews atm. From one of the Key & Peele duo. Anyway, I didn't mean to spoil a good night!

Ohh I see
No it's fine don't worry

Not letting 2017 get to me man.

Moving out and making sure I'm stable af is super important for me to get out of my shitty situation, but yeah.

I just don't understand how people can be so amatuerish.

~~

Anyway sorry BCT, just had to vent...

Sch1sm

blackbanditsho, though.

who are you here, reveal yourself. 👀

Beef wants to give you advice, that's why he's called Professor Beef.

Izuna

Banned
Keep your head up. And take a little but know when not to take no more.

Like...

The thing is, for the past 3 nights I've come back late so the girl in the room next door had to come down and open up for me. I apologise, she said she'd put it in the same safe place, then I'd come back and she's zombie walking back up the stairs after opening the door for me again.

So my apologies weren't meant to be taken as sincerely. They were meant to be a "sorry but this is your fault". I guess that was lost in translation.

Anyway, I hope the month of March is my hardest month of the year (if the paycheck is late). Tired of living with fundamental issues. 2017 is the year that shit goes away and I can taste it.

Slayven

I am. I watch every year. Finished watching all the nominations yesterday. I just do it to see if I can guess who wins what, really.

We need to create our own awards The Yammies, recognizing the excellence in Omni African film making.

The King award, given to brothas that raise above being held down by the man

The Queen award, given to sistas that stopped holding the black man down.

The Ashy Lifetime Achievement award, given to those that farther the hotep cause through film making. Nate Parker will be receiving it this year

them CW's aren't shit.

guess which of the 3 will get the most screen time
and possible romance with Archie the chick magnet
josie-and-the-pussycats-198964-1280x0.jpg

light skinned people stay winning

We need to create our own awards The Yammies, recognizing the excellence in Omni African film making.

The King award, given to brothas that raise above being held down by the man

The Queen award, given to sistas that stopped holding the black man down.

The Ashy Lifetime Achievement award, given to those that farther the hotep cause through film making. Nate Parker will be receiving it this year

Is the award a big golden ankh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom