• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
You just have shitty taste.

so's your face

~~

THIS
enhanced-buzz-11688-1438599784-21.jpg

>>

THIS SHIT
main-qimg-d70f420a67e598e7d98d5f444333f053-c

apologies to my muslim brothers

Sch1sm

You can't do me like this!

I haven't asked your family's permission yet, though. 😘

---

On a real, though, Slayven. I've been watching Riverdale. You really wouldn't like it because of the remedial drama. And if for some reason you pushed yourself, you'd tap out at the end of episode 3.

It's ultimately just an adaptation, though. Nothing really supernatural. Jason's death wasn't some unknown force, it was definitely human. This is all stuff given in the first minutes of the show, before even the title comes up. In fact, if you get past all that drama they introduce the first 10 minutes I'd be surprised.

Malyse

Nothing worse than running up to grab an L
I think she didn't know who she was aiming at. Remy musta been mad for a minute. I mean, she goes in for seven minutes and still ain't done? I said damn.
Canon Renee Montoya is a lesbian, isn't she?
Yes. Which is why this Two Face crush thing is so fascinating. It's like three steps from being a take on toxic masculinity and "nice guy" syndrome.

D i Z

Thats my funeral song

---

Sorry I had to snitch on you for posting that bacon dude
RIP

Sorry, not sorry. Amirite?

----
Must have been something in PM cos I just don't see it. Advertising it was not that swift tho. Stop taking L's in your time off, man!!!!

Sch1sm

I'm a DC fanboy and I love Batman's story. I'm not up to date with this season since Hulu doesn't let me watch it from episode 1. But it is still an amazing show.

Fight me.

No one's gonna fight you. You'll just get classified under, "Don't take any advice from this cat," like the rest of them.

Denzel

Asked him, said he got banned for the Jeopardy post but only realized what it sounded like after he caught the ban. 2 weeks.

I can't fully comprehend what a hotep is.

Please note that this is my personal opinion.

The term "hotep" is an Egyptian word roughly meaning "peace", "at peace", or "to be at peace". Those identified with the word are black people who are essentially trying to take Egypt back from white people. They identify with Egypt, they talk about the spirituality and culture of Egypt, and try to educate and uplift their brothers and sisters on a pro-black level.

But there are members of this movement who are the ones who get all the negative attention. They traffic in toxic masculinity, homophobia, transphobia, misogynoir, bad science and false nutrition data. Sad to say, those of us outside the movement call these folks "hoteps", and are perhaps doing the positive ones a disservice. But there you go.

D i Z

Asked him, said he got banned for the Jeopardy post but only realized what it sounded like after he caught the ban. 2 weeks.

I think we all learned a valuable lesson today.

2 weeks is spa time. Read the funny papers. Hit up a hotline or two.

Nudull

Banned

The term "hotep" is an Egyptian word roughly meaning "peace", "at peace", or "to be at peace". Those identified with the word are black people who are essentially trying to take Egypt back from white people. They identify with Egypt, they talk about the spirituality and culture of Egypt, and try to educate and uplift their brothers and sisters on a pro-black level.

But there are members of this movement who are the ones who get all the negative attention. They traffic in toxic masculinity, homophobia, transphobia, misogynoir, bad science and false nutrition data. Sad to say, those of us outside the movement call these folks "hoteps", and are perhaps doing the positive ones a disservice. But there you go.

So, Yu-Gi-Oh was a mistake?

akira28

That was a really clear and concise synopsis, my sister. ase.

black consciousness folks are the first ones I see making fun of hoteps anyway, so I don't think they mind. a stuck pig will shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom