• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

They decided to release all the games at once

------

p2XnC.png

Get it!

She swept her category and looked good every time, too.

zeemumu

A black man in middle earth has broken immersion and caused a game to be an instant flop. May the newly forged ring bring the end

You're reminding me of the heated argument I had back in high school about Ginny Weasley's boyfriend being black. No one believed me. Had to show them a picture before they did

Slayven

In a universe that was literally song into existence, with elves, hobbits, fire demons, magic rings, and giant eagles. One Black dude breaks the suspension of disbelief

Malyse

Magic is more believable than Black people.

Is this where I rant about Fire Emblem where it's more realistic to have a character that turns into a fucking dragon than to have any black people?

----

Speaking of, I think it would be fucking fascinating for a game to take the Fire Emblem eugenics concept and really run with it. Like, you have a black female character that hooks up with an asian male character and their offspring inherits features of both, etc etc. Hair/eye colors, mixed skin tones, freckles, glasses, whole nine. You'd have to plan that from the beginning though so you could be sure to code in all the determinators for offspring.

Malyse

You guys ready for next-gen Bioware IKEA sex?

It's weird that they're setting expectations so high like this. It's also a super weird expectation to set.

I hope that Switch does well enough for EA to give ME:A
and DA:I
another shot. Outside of the "why does this even exist" factor, Mass Effect 3 Special Edition was a solid port.
has there ever been a game where the relationship shit wasn't pointless? Pick the right things to say, have sex, and then nothing else.

Fire Emblem. Dragon Quest V.
Can't believe morons are getting steamed over a black man in a fantasy game. They need to build a goddamn bridge and get over it. Bunch of sorry ass punks.

tumblr_npnmo4fxxY1uvu8t2o1_500.gif

Slayven

It is easy to see how it could effect the game. The character might criticize your choices more, or maybe disobey squad orders in battle to protect you, etc.

Closest to that would be Fallout 4 but its still sex without plot when it came to ME, there's no "sex" in Fallout. It's really just companionship.

And Dragon age I guess.

Because for the most part games don't have relationships. They have complete the steps till you bone then it's done and is never mentioned again. If you do it with a squad mate it needs to be integrated into your character and the game itself not basically exist in a bubble aside from sparse dialogue now and again.

andthebeatgoeson

After just now watching the Oscars thing with the bus tour people one of those guys gave no fucks to any celebrity which begs, why was he on a star tour?

He liked the spectacle but doesn't go crazy over celebrities.

Or he was dragged there. When I'm on vacation, half the stuff i do is because of another person. Hell, i took a Disney trip and hated most of it. Just for others.

You can participate because of family and not give one shit.

Like, i would support you, Vic but give no fucks about your mixtape. Come to the release party and talk mad shit about it, there.

Slayven

Modern Fantasy was pretty much created by tolken, if you ever wondered why there are never POC or women that matter in it. Thats why

D i Z

Closest to that would be Fallout 4 but its still sex without plot when it came to ME, there's no "sex" in Fallout. It's really just companionship.

And Dragon age I guess.

The only time i ever felt that relationships had substance was in DA:O.
Some of Leliana endings were heartbreaking, she was so committed.

The only time i ever felt that relationships had substance was in DA:O.
Some of Leliana endings were heartbreaking, she was so committed.
Cause DA:O was originally meant to be a self contained story so they could write it that way. Everything gotta be a trilogy now.

RedSwirl

So hold up, in Andromeda when you make your character -- one of the two Ryder siblings, the other sibling is still in the game right? I hope it's like Fallout 4 where you can customize both of them. Might just be like Dragon Age 2 where they auto-generate the family members though.

If it's the former am I the only one thinking of making an interratial (looking) brother-sister pair?

has there ever been a game where the relationship shit wasn't pointless? Pick the right things to say, have sex, and then nothing else.

I guess it was okay in Witcher 3 with the two main relationships, even though the canon kind of pushed you towards Yennefer (especially if you read the books).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom