• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

I can't tell if you're serious or not with any of this shit

Ok. Do you want me to use crayon to illustrate the paths I took to reach this exact point where you felt the need to say something like that to me, or are you capable of retracing steps and tuning your own tv to see what I'm saying? I like you too much to go at you bruh.

It's probably an accident but fuck me of I don't find it suspicious that this happened for the first time literally ever, aka in 80+ years, with these two movies...

LionPride

Banned
Ok. Do you want me to use crayon to illustrate the paths I took to reach this exact point where you felt the need to say something like that to me, or are you capable of retracing steps and tuning your own tv to see what I'm saying?
So you are serious? Whew boy. Lot to unload there.

So despite the fact it is entirely likely that they have two cards for each award just in case, despite the fact we know Emma Stone took her card and this may have thrown some things off just a bit, despite the fact Warren looked at the damn card four times knowing it was wrong before handing it off to Faye who just read that shit thinking he was fucking around, you still have this fantastical idea that there is some vast conspiricy. I admire you for looking into the face of facts and saying otherwise.

So despite the fact it is entirely likely that they have two cards for each award just in case, despite the fact we know Emma Stone took her card and this may have thrown some things off just a bit, despite the fact Warren looked at the damn card four times knowing it was wrong before handing it off to Faye who just read that shit thinking he was fucking around, you still have this fantastical idea that there is some vast conspiricy. I admire you for looking into the face of facts and saying otherwise.

If it was intentional the intentionality imo comes from whoever sent that envelope out. That's where if it wasn't an accident the issue would be. Not that the card wasn't what it said it was.

D i Z

Ok. 3 is good enough for me. Don't bother actually reading what I said. Look at the response when you're ready and you'll see what I've been saying. It's already happened.

LionPride

Banned
If it was intentional the intentionality imo comes from whoever sent that envelope out. That's where if it wasn't an accident the issue would be. Not that the card wasn't what it said it was.
It wasn't intentional. Like, it was an honest fuck up. That is it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Mistakes happen. People become automated towards the end and wanna get shit overwith. There are quotes attributed to people realizing a mistake happened.

It. Happend. On. Accident.

D i Z

It wasn't intentional. Like, it was an honest fuck up. That is it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Mistakes happen. People become automated towards the end and wanna get shit overwith. There are quotes attributed to people realizing a mistake happened.

That's like all of the dumb shit that you say daily behind that avatar.

It probably is I agree but for this to be the first time ever in this climate with those movies... I side eye it all a bit

LionPride

Banned
Nigga you out here saying dumbass, intellectually vacant, fucking stupid ass bullshit about a motherfucking award show and you wanna talk about me? Nigga currently you are using your mental functions about as well as America's current president. Lying to ya self to boot. It's funny actually.

D i Z

Nigga you out here saying dumbass, intellectually vacant, fucking stupid assshit about a motherfucking award show and you wanna talk about me? Nigga currently you are using your mental functions about as well as America's current president. Lying to ya self to boot. It's funny actually.

Deconstruct what I've said if you have it in you. We can clean it up later. Put the work in.

LionPride

Banned
It wasn't a botch. That doesn't happen.

Show me. That's what i asked.

Edit: Stop ignoring that I said that she is deserving of the award for lead.

You should look up what kind of security they have for the cards and statues. What I'm saying is that it was by design. Not a mistake. The fastest way to drive a wedge between people is to divide them on what they hope to accomplish.

Why would actress in a leading role by up for best picture? Why would she call out La La Land for it?

And he went to his co host, and she called out what now?

I think you're still not following the trail that I'm on. Tomorrow morning there will be enough asteriks to show what just happened.
The discredit game is strong.

Are you saying that chemical trails do not exist? ( I know what you mean, it's an aerodynamic joke) lol

I can see how this is going to cut into my time spent elsewhere. I think I've thrown enough counter points out there. The reality is what we get to live with tomorrow.

The president lies about new clothes, half the country is trying to goad us into some shit. And I'm the one that's crazy. LOL

They will say "your black movie didn't win". And not using such civilized terminology.

It's tricky. No doubt.

Edit before going to Nioh :

https://twitter.com/Musicnews_feed/status/836096409665482753

Who has the card?

I mean, ok? Even the person holding the actual card says "wut!!!"

Emma Stone herself said she had her card in hand when the "mistake" happened. Repeatedly.

Sure, why not.

Yeah. That's capitol "Z".

Agreed.
This is all the shit said on the last page. All I'm seeing is buffoonery, dumbassery, and shit that Martin's character in Boomerang would say before being shot the fuck down. On the damn card it would say "Emma Stone" and right below it, in bold print too, it would say "La La Land"

Nigga do fucking better.

Merc_

Hell yeah! LionPride vs D i Z! Just go for it!

AI5XKC1.gif

D i Z

This is all the shit said on the last page. All I'm seeing is buffoonery, dumbassery, and shit that Martin's character in Boomerang would say before being shot the fuck down. On the damn card it would say "Emma Stone" and right below it, in bold print too, it would say "La La Land"

Nigga do fucking better.

Jesus, everything I've got is antagonistic. This doesn't go well at all.

Slayven

As the elder of the thread I am calling for peace. I come back in here again and y'all are acting a fool? Somebody getting the switch, and I don't mean the L releasing friday.

Zekes!

As the elder of the thread I am calling for peace. I come back in here again and y'all are acting a fool? Somebody getting the switch, and I don't mean the L releasing friday.

Slay I know you sad you couldn't get the pre-order in. I'll let you borrow my Switch for a weekend, with Zelda. Don't you dare save over my file tho

Sch1sm

Damn, what's going on in here?

Afternoon BCT

Warren Beatty, confused as hell by the card he was given to present Best Picture, notices the mistake that he's given the duplicate Best Actress card, only to show Faye Dunaway instead of requesting the right one. Girl looks at the card, calls out La La Land despite Warren being fully cognizant of the error.

I dunno why this dude didn't mention anything instead of showing his co-presenter, but he did.

---

Morning, y'all.

LionPride

Banned
Jesus, everything I've got is antagonistic. This doesn't go well at all.
It can't be because of these posts..
Nope not at all

Ok. 3 is good enough for me. Don't bother actually reading what I said. Look at the response when you're ready and you'll see what I've been saying. It's already happened.

Ok. Do you want me to use crayon to illustrate the paths I took to reach this exact point where you felt the need to say something like that to me, or are you capable of retracing steps and tuning your own tv to see what I'm saying? I like you too much to go at you bruh.

Warren Beatty, confused as hell by the card he was given to present Best Picture, notices the mistake that he's given the duplicate Best Actress card, only to show Faye Dunaway instead of requesting the right one. Girl looks at the card, calls out La La Land despite Warren being fully cognizant of the error.

I dunno why this dude didn't mention anything instead of showing his co-presenter, but he did.

---

Morning, y'all.

She was tapping him to hurry up because he was looking at the card for mad long knowing it was wrong. He turned to show her why and she jumped at the chance to say something.

Live tv :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom