• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I had a dream that there was a film studio across the street from my college and that I had to do a report on an ongoing car chase involving some kind of escaped mental patient, and before that I was in the Bakers' house from RE7 on the day that they started going nuts.

Gattsu25

Banned
Congrats to the cast/crew of Moonlight. Didn't think it was going to happen but they won that shit. Shame about the mixup

And props for her being outrught pissed and nit because she lost but because Moonlight, accident or not, was disrespected like that.

Yeah, she earned respect for that.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

*sigh*

Well, that dude is going to be fucked in the head for a long, long time.

To adopting parents who are white: If you adopt a child who is a person of color, and you live in a small town? MOVE. PLEASE MOVE. You have no idea how difficult it is going to be for your child. You really don't. Every single person of color that I know that is from a small town has issues. Every one of them. The kind of hatred that they faced shapes their entire worldview, and gives them psychological baggage that they're forced to carry for the rest of their lives.

zeemumu

That Middle Earth Shadows of War trailer looks pretty sick but what do you mean they just made another ring of power? You can do that?

Johndoey

Banned
That Middle Earth Shadows of War trailer looks pretty sick but what do you mean they just made another ring of power? You can do that?

Celebrimbor assisted with the forging of the rings of the Men and Dwarves, and forged the three rings of the Elves himself, so if anyone could I guess it'd be him.

zeemumu

Celebrimbor assisted with the forging of the rings of the Men and Dwarves, and forged the three rings of the Elves himself, so if anyone could I guess it'd be him.

I guess, but you'd think if he could just go up there and make rings just like that, he wouldn't be dead, right?

Johndoey

Banned
I guess, but you'd think if he could just go up there and make rings just like that, he wouldn't be dead, right?

I think Sauron grabbed him up before he could really do much, then proceeded to torture him to death. Besides the ring-forging process is probably resource and time intensive.

zeemumu

I think Sauron grabbed him up before he could really do much, then proceeded to torture him to death. Besides the ring-forging process is probably resource and time intensive.

Yeah, you'd think. But dude was up there in Mount Doom hammering away with the entirety of Sauron's army and Sauron standing outside.

Johndoey

Banned
Yeah, you'd think. But dude was up there in Mount Doom hammering away with the entirety of Sauron's army and Sauron standing outside.

I feel like maybe they should've skipped out of Mordor before trying to screw over Sauron. You can probably find a nice Elven kingdom to chill at while making Rings of Power.

zeemumu

Assassin's Creed: Hoteps and Ankhs

LOL you know we will see actual hoteps promote their pro-Black message with AC assets.

What if Moses shows up? What if it turns out that Moses was contacted by the same deity that contacted Desmond and enlisted him to free the people from Pharaoh's control because Pharaoh was using a piece of Eden? That might actually be cool.

What if Imhotep shows up?

Awww shit, Doomfist is coming!

andthebeatgoeson

He won't get the credit he deserved. Not to long ago, he was getting crushed. I even assumed it was because his pagent was low rate. Now to see his peers get it amazingly wrong. Wow.

Even their response, quick, showing people the envelope, trying to correct it on stage and quickly.

Emma gonna help fuel some fire but there is a pic showing the wrong card in Beatty's hand.

C5pl43BXMAE_B_G.jpg

And him rechecking the envelope, like, 'is there another form in here' kinda shows some goof just handed him the wrong card. They need to release a statement, confirming there are back up cards or something. A backup card makes sense. If you lose one, the whole show looks like a mess. So, you have a second one.

Now they need a procedure where Beatty announces that he has the wrong card. He knew and let the lady announce it, instead of stopping everything in it's tracks. This is not one person's fault but a series of missteps by multiple people that creates this mess.

Things would be a lot easier if LL Land never got on stage. Or held the oscars. Or Jimmy Krimmel trying to joke his way out of it. Every joke he made was off. I kinda wish we didn't have his ass on there trying to be comedic relief at that point. Every re-watch makes me want him to STFU. Some people went home last night and cried because they touched an oscar that wasn't theirs.

I'm kinda wanting the Steve Harvey approach. Just 10 minutes of apologies would have been better than off-the-top wise cracks. Every time someone stepped to the microphone to correct or speak in a respected manner, did more for the show than any wise cracks.

But in retrospect, Steve got shitted on for a terrible card layout (why even put anyone else on the card but the winner?) and this one seemed much worse.

You can tell from the armor. If it was made in Hollywood the armor would look like War Machine's armor from Captain America: Civil War and the armor's face would be open so we could see Zac Efron's face.

lol

It's being produced by Warner Bros. They shared the photo

WB Japan also did the live-action Death Note movies, which are apparently good. I expect the movie will be alright, but have occasionally weird decisions.

The VFX is by a Japanese VFX company, and it filmed in Japan and Italy.

doesn't look like get out is coming out down here but this tweet had me rolling "Get Out basically just explained what happened to Kanye West ass bruhhh" :D :D

Why change your mind and decide to sell

Just a time and backlog thing mostly. I never was huge on Zelda, but I was gonna pick it up. Now I'll likely spend more of that time with Horizon and catching up on some niche stuff out of Japan. I'll pick it up again after arms is out

Numb

Just a time and backlog thing mostly. I never was huge on Zelda, but I was gonna pick it up. Now I'll likely spend more of that time with Horizon and catching up on some niche stuff out of Japan. I'll pick it up again after arms is out

They decided to release all the games at once

------

p2XnC.png

Get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom