• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh fuck! I'm gonna get revenge on all the people who fucked with me in my life, even if it takes my entire life to do it! FUCK! I'm so fucking angry I could trash my whole place!

Mizerman

Oh my gosh, a great weight was lifted off my chest!! I read that defaulted student loan thread and quickly called a federal debt advisor thinking I had unpaid loans to tend to. Turns out, I had a grant and didn't need to pay. I got off the phone and screamed to the heavens:

"THANK YOU LOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!"

Thank god I don't have loans to pay.

Feels good, don't it?

Scorpio is going to be 400+ ain't it?

Thought it'd be closer to 600

I'm going with $500. Either way, if it's less the pro better get a price drop.

Shit, might as well get a computer if that is true.

You know they going to be silly and have scorpio only games

The moment they said "we'll leave it up to devs" you knew that was coming. Sony at least made it clear games had to be for both. I give it 6months or until the first E3 before we start seeing that.

They're going to heavily market how much of an upgrade it is from the OG box in order to push it. Crackdown gonna be a scropio exclusive.

Exclusives sell consoles. That's Nintendo's most successful strategy.

You'd but a Scorpio if it was the only thing to play Smash on for some reason

Bingo . I'm sure they're already seeing how Sony is doing with the Pro and are anticipating having to give it an extra push.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Here is the reaction of one of the presidents who was at the HBCU event - https://medium.com/@HipHopPrez/my-statement-white-house-hbcu-event-bf51a619194a#.9n52buszf

On Friday I learned that I was selected to give remarks today for the meeting at the White House with members of the Trump administration, most notably Secretary Betsy DeVos. We learned this weekend that there would be closing remarks by Vice President Pence, but the goal was for officials from a number of Federal agencies (about 5 were there including OMB) and Secretary DeVos to hear about HBCUs.

That all blew up when the decision was made to take the presidents to the Oval Office to see the President. I’m still processing that entire experience. But needless to say that threw the day off and there was very little listening to HBCU presidents today- we were only given about 2 minutes each, and that was cut to one minute, so only about 7 of maybe 15 or so speakers were given an opportunity today.

In short, they got Kanye'd, Steve Harvey'd and Jim Brown'd. But the difference is I don't think they had much of a choice in the matter. If it was a chance to get funding, you have to go.

FyreWulff

��
Oh that Xbox pass hasn't been announced for pc yet? Guess that behind the "break in case of emergencies" window

It works for Play Anywhere titles, which there's like 3 or 4 right now.

Nintendo went in with that indie support. They totally know where they're bread is buttered.

I mused on that a while. They went out of their way to assemble an indie army and build relationships during the Wii U and are showing up with them on the Switch now

zeemumu

I need to finish Shovel Knight. Made it to the last area but there's some Megan Man 2 platforming going on that I'm having trouble with

It works for Play Anywhere titles, which there's like 3 or 4 right now.w

Odd. Oh right because you can download those games, so it would show up on your download list of games? I was thinking it being like a Netflix type service it would have its own interface and store front on the pc.

Still awesome stuff

shingi70

Banned
It looks dope getting all the support. Im just cautious buying anything digital from them, because I've heard horror stories. I do want to get snipperclips digital though.

I I've had two 3DSs get stolen and all it took was a quick Call to Nintendo for them to transfer everything. I hear the switch has normal account system this go around.

This next year should be interesting because Nintendo has st them up in a good place going back from the WII era. The Switch will get big budget games like the new Zelda and Mario, but they've also normalized paying for AA type games on their home consoles so seeing something more like 3D Land or A link between worlds isn't out the blue.

The big factor is can Nintendo convince the Japanese development to finally jump from Vita, and grab those games that are PS4 by defualt like tales.

I I've had two 3DSs get stolen and all it took was a quick Call to Nintendo for them to transfer everything. I hear the switch has normal account system this go around.

More so for VC than anything else, but their new approach is very good to hear.

This next year should be interesting because Nintendo has st them up in a good place going back from the WII era. The Switch will get big budget games like the new Zelda and Mario, but they've also normalized paying for AA type games on their home consoles so seeing something more like 3D Land or A link between worlds isn't out the blue.

The big factor is can Nintendo convince the Japanese development to finally jump from Vita, and grab those games that are PS4 by defualt like tales.

I don't doubt that they'll capture the vitas market. I can def see smaller games that were or would have been future Vita also titles going PS4/Switch.

Slayven

One thing Horizon does right is skill progression. Too often you have to invest in a bunch of bullshit before you get something useful, let alone badass. You get some pretty sweet shit just first couple of levels

Anyone know what the pre order bonus is for Horizon?

Just seen the first Switch Ad on TV...

I've seen the same Switch Ad over and over again on TV. I mean, I have no plans on getting it until Pokémon. *says it louder for Game Freak to hear* but I can see it appealing to folks.

Getting my internet hooked up as I type this. I'm so excited to finally stop using my phone to watch YouTube vids. I got the PS4 for that. Oh and to play games online again in the future.

LionPride

Banned
Brehs and brehettes who are bi, don't read that thread in gaming side unless you are in the mood to steel on someone today
Oh it can't be that bad...

*looks at topic*

Jesus fuck

Why do people think you have to constantly be in relationships with different genders/non-binary to be considered Bi or Pan?

It's just attraction.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/28/...os-historically-black-colleges-statement.html

The education secretary, Betsy DeVos, is facing a fierce backlash after she called historically black colleges and universities “real pioneers when it comes to school choice.”

On Twitter, hundreds of angry users accused her of ignoring the fact that many of the schools were founded because black students were not allowed to attend segregated white schools, not because education pioneers wanted to give African-Americans more options in higher education.

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/836570605730283524

Claire McCaskill
‏Verified account @clairecmc

Totally nuts. DeVos pretending that establishment of historically black colleges was about choice not racism.

5:35 AM - 28 Feb 2017

RedSwirl

The moment they said "we'll leave it up to devs" you knew that was coming. Sony at least made it clear games had to be for both. I give it 6months or until the first E3 before we start seeing that.

They're going to heavily market how much of an upgrade it is from the OG box in order to push it. Crackdown gonna be a scropio exclusive.

I think if they leave it up to devs, most will still support both. They'll do it for the same reason they did cross-gen games in the first couple years of PS4 and Xbox One, except they'll just be one version you buy instead of twol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Betsy Devos can go to hell.

I am sure she actually believes that version of hisotry too. I have met so many people who think that HBCUs were something black folk chose to start. So the head of education in this country has zero clue about history of this country.

That entire meeting was a sham. Every single thing about it was a sham.

I gotta get playstation plus for that and I have less than 20 left to my name right now. I should hopefully be online and gaming on Friday at the least.

If you're super broke head on over to Gamestop and snatch the free trials out of the game boxes that are on display.

I've seen this go down on multiple occasions

Dai101

Banned
Did you know you can die from a lack of sleep? takes about 2 weeks, but you will start mentally breaking down while your body just shuts off.

Many many years ago when i used to work the graveyard shift i was awake with no sleep at all for 72+ hours. Let's just say is the first time in my life i was terrified about something that i knew it wasn't there.
Started to see stuff, thangs. My brain started to play with me and i was affraid i was falling apart while i listened to shit that scared me like a motherfucker.

It was the sacriest episode i have lived. Not recommended to anyone.

Malyse

BRUH.
Brehs and brehettes who are bi, don't read that thread in gaming side unless you are in the mood to steel on someone today
BRUH.
Some indies i actually want to play

BRUH! I'm 100% in on Switch. I'm more interesting in the indie and middle tiers than AAA these days, so yeah. 100%

andthebeatgoeson

I need to finish Shovel Knight. Made it to the last area but there's some Megan Man 2 platforming going on that I'm having trouble with
Sounds like shovel knight to me. Damn, why am i going to double dip. I did the same: got to the last area.

Sounds like my switch will be a Zelda and indie box for a few months.

I need some indie reccs from The Blacks™.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom