• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Ah that's fine then. Is the nap like, cluttered with shit like most open world games or is there a reasonable limit on icons?
I've only seen bits of the map from streams, but...not really? There's icons for shrines you've found, objective markers for quests (that you have to manually select to get them to show up, so they're not on the map permanently), and up to 5 "personal" markers you can set. And the aforementioned towers too.

I can imagine the map being cluttered with icons the more shrines you find, but it looks pretty clean from what I've seen.

D i Z

Things ain't locked out or anything if you DON'T activate the towers. I just thought it was funny that towers were in at all.

Tiny spoiler for mechanics:
they serve as warp points for fast travel

I'm early so maybe you can tell me,
but aren't they mapping resources and geometry?

Shy

They have four (I believe) of them. They manage to contextualize a lot that Ubi can't be bothered to.
That doesn't sound too bad.
I just hope BOTW doesn't have automatic waypoints and shit telling you exactly where everything is.
If it did, then i would cry.
From what I heard though once you reach the towers you don't get icons, they're just really high up so you can actually use your eyes to look at stuff off in the distance. Could be wrong.
Well. That sounds ok.

Malyse

Ahhhh. Hey Malyse, buy me a Switch.

I got you.
3-Reasons-Why-A-Stick-Is-Better-Than-Your-Toothbrush1.jpg
----

You will never love Beyonce as much as this lady.

That is not what the threads are telling me

Indies were supposed to save the Wii U too. Let's be honest, the other ecosystems are more robust and have better track records. Nintendo fandom blinds. It's almost like how people said the joker would save Gotham. The show is still and always will be what it is. There's no saving it. Like what you like

RedSwirl

Actually, I've been thinking of how this may have come about, because I remember PlayStation fanboys being very different during the PS1/PS2 years. Back then they were a little bit smug but didn't defend the console as fiercely as what we're seeing right now. I think the most rabid Sony fanboys right now are in the same headspace Nintendo fanboys were in during the N64 and Gamecube years, despite the PS4's position in the industry right now.

During the PS1/PS2 heyday I don't remember first party Sony games getting hyped up all that much except maybe Gran Turismo. Sure the main mascot platformers were a big deal but people didn't pin the hopes and dreams of PlayStation on their backs. PlayStation was still the only place you could get Tekken, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, etc. PlayStation fans were more chill in their smugness back then. What changed was probably PS3. All those Japanese third party exclusives dried up. PlayStation initially wasn't getting games like BioShock or Oblivion. When Tekken and Final Fantasy finally did come they showed up on Xbox too. PlayStation fans needed games on which to justify their $600. Sony first party games became one supposed messiah after another: Uncharted, Resistance, KillZone 2.

468795588_eUoo3-2100x20000.jpg

Even though Sony's back on top Sony fans seem to still be in that insecure mode. They still seem to need The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, and Horizon to legitimize themselves. Maybe it's that Sony kinda started off the PS4's lifespan with a pumped up marketing campaign that has pushed "PlayStation" as an identity more than ever before.

You don't really hear that much from Xbox fanboys these days though. I wonder why we don't hear as many people viciously defending Halo, Gears, and Forza.

Malyse

Speaking of Kimmel, it's crazy how the Trump interview destroyed Fallon's fanbase. Like, he was the king and now he's barely getting scraps.

akira28

What what? When did this happen?

Little Jimmy tousling Trumpet's hair lost him a lot of fans in his demo. The people in Leno's demo were probably Trump voters. Fallon was supposed to appeal to the GenXer late boomer version of that. But playing kittypaws with a piece of shit on TV, now more and more people are happy to dog him out.

zeemumu

Little Jimmy tousling Trumpet's hair lost him a lot of fans in his demo. The people in Leno's demo were probably Trump voters. Fallon was supposed to appeal to the GenXer late boomer version of that. But playing kittypaws with a piece of shit on TV, now more and more people are happy to dog him out.

Ah, sucks. He just got his own ride at Universal Studios Orlando

I'll never understand why people keep thinking that they can get away with this shit on their public social media accounts with their names, pictures, and personal information on them.

Slayven

Speaking of Kimmel, it's crazy how the Trump interview destroyed Fallon's fanbase. Like, he was the king and now he's barely getting scraps.

Fallon screwed Fallon.
Dude was already hanging on by a thread with his corniness.
But then I have to watch Kimmel
You brought this on yourself
Ah, sucks. He just got his own ride at Universal Studios Orlando

I'll never understand why people keep thinking that they can get away with this shit on their public social media accounts with their names, pictures, and personal information on them.

Twitter still claiming careers in 2017

zeemumu

yep, he was cool, kind of back when the Man show was around. Compared to Adam Carrolla of course. But now he just seems...slimy, I dunno exactly what it is but I don't find him to be that likeable either. they both suck.

Jimmy Kimmel always felt kind of off to me, and Jimmy Fallon just seemed dorky.

Slayven

yep, he was cool, kind of back when the Man show was around. Compared to Adam Carrolla of course. But now he just seems...slimy, I dunno exactly what it is but I don't find him to be that likeable either. they both suck.

Adam Carrolla is a reall piece of shit, you can see why he never went anywhere

Numb

Beyonce carrying life,Moonlight, Obama looking like he couldn't be having more fun even if tried and Nicki losing her soul
Cool BHM...Minus all the Trump shenanigans

But somehow Bronx made it
Tsk tsk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom