• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bish didn't retire because of Trump. He retired because of Zelda vs. Horizon.

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/836635331139145732

austin walker‏
Verified account @austin_walker

I try not to ever share the podcast questions that make me roll my eyes but my god, i'm blown away

9:53 AM - 28 Feb 2017

C5xTZI8WcAIwoWk.jpg

halp...

OH MY FUCKING GOSH! THERE'S NEW GAME WITH A BLACK FEMALE PROTAGONIST!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like the protagonist is named after a Brazilian figure.
like I said in the Direct thread
I'm contractually obligated to buy any game with a black female lead.
I watched some older trailers and the game looks really cool.
I'm glad I'm not one of those dudes who plays system wars well into adulthood...shit is embarassing.

Shy

Does Horizon have UbiTowers too like BotW?
I fucking DESPISE those fucking things. And it makes me sick that they're in BOTW.

To your question. Even though i don't have the game, i remember seeing footage where you climb those Diplodocus looking ones and sync up with them, like moving Ubitowers. unfortunately. 😞

Slayven

Many many years ago when i used to work the graveyard shift i was awake with no sleep at all for 72+ hours. Let's just say is the first time in my life i was terrified about something that i knew it wasn't there.
Started to see stuff, thangs. My brain started to play with me and i was affraid i was falling apart while i listened to shit that scared me like a motherfucker.

It was the sacriest episode i have lived. Not recommended to anyone.
I get loopy as fuck if i stay up foir 24 hours. Like drunk but worse
People are crazy bros

Damn folks take a hobby way too seriously

Malyse

I'm getting real tired of people giving me negative feedback because their UI is busted. That ain't on me. Petty motherfuckers.

Numb

I fucking DESPISE those fucking things. And it makes me sick that they're in BOTW.

To your question. Even though i don't have the game, i remember seeing footage where you climb those Diplodocus looking ones and sync up with them, like moving Ubitowers. unfortunately. 😞

Ignoring Ubisoft for years helped being fresh to towers lol

Does Horizon have UbiTowers too like BotW?
I only got to play it for an hour before work but from what I can go off of my own game time and pre/review coverage, it does literally everything most open world games do but it does them very well. Everything seems contextualized to a point where it is explained in the game. Focus (which every other game uses) is literally a story mechanic after the player character as a child picks up an earpiece that puts a holographic overlay around her. (20 minutes in so it's not spoiler territory)

Malyse

I just bought AC Chronicles but I'd happily rebuy them for Switch. Any light game like ACC, Rayman, Child of Light I want on Switch.

Slayven

I only got to play it for an hour before work but from what I can go off of my own game time and pre/review coverage, it does literally everything most open world games do but it does them very well. Everything seems contextualized to a point where it is explained in the game. Focus (which every other game uses) is literally a story mechanic after the player character as a child picks up an earpiece that puts a holographic overlay around her. (20 minutes in so it's not spoiler territory)

Dat Montage

D i Z

To your question. Even though i don't have the game, i remember seeing footage where you climb those Diplodocus looking ones and sync up with them, like moving Ubitowers. unfortunately. ��

They have four (I believe) of them. They manage to contextualize a lot that Ubi can't be bothered to.

-----

North Korean murder mysteries are full of twists.

RedSwirl

I just hope BOTW doesn't have automatic waypoints and shit telling you exactly where everything is.

From what I heard though once you reach the towers you don't get icons, they're just really high up so you can actually use your eyes to look at stuff off in the distance. Could be wrong.

LotusHD

Banned
I just hope BOTW doesn't have automatic waypoints and shit telling you exactly where everything is.

From what I heard though once you reach the towers you don't get icons, they're just really high up so you can actually use your eyes to look at stuff off in the distance. Could be wrong.

They probably have some sort of guide you can use if necessary, but more importantly:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231199600&postcount=779

Not really feeling Horizon so far. Aloy's cool though.

How come

Why do people hate them again?

Ubi ruined it for everyone. To basically do anything you had to climb to a view point and reveal the part of the map. There wasn't one Ass creed game that didn't require you to climb up this building with shit climb mechanics and sync your location to reveal a part of the map.

In Ass creed 3 doing so didn't even reveal the entire map when you got all view points synced, so you still had places you couldn't see until you ran around the entire area.

LotusHD

Banned
Not particularly interested in where the plot is going so far. Game just opened up a bit more though, so I'll give it a few hours. Gameplay is fantastic.

I see.

He likes Gotham.

Oh my...

Ubi ruined it for everyone. To basically do anything you had to climb to a view point and reveal the part of the map. There wasn't one Ass creed game that didn't require you to climb up this building with shit climb mechanics and sync your location to reveal a part of the map.

In Ass creed 3 doing so didn't even reveal the entire map when you got all view points synced, so you still had places you couldn't see until you ran around the entire area.

Only played the first two, but yea, it's coming back to me lol

I can deal with towers and that kind of thing if it's contextualized. If it's just climbing a tower for the sake of it like in Unity, nah.
Things ain't locked out or anything if you DON'T activate the towers. I just thought it was funny that towers were in at all.

Tiny spoiler for mechanics:
they serve as warp points for fast travel

Things ain't locked out or anything if you DON'T activate the towers. I just thought it was funny that towers were in at all.

Tiny spoiler for mechanics:
they serve as warp points for fast travel
Ah that's fine then. Is the nap like, cluttered with shit like most open world games or is there a reasonable limit on icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom