• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Make sure you don't wear them for too long. Torsion alopecia is real.

yeah I've been loosing them in the areas that are tight. Last thing I want is for my luscious hair to fall out

SFV at 3:30 EST.

For all of you who have the game, show up. Zekes, Lightning_Roller, hypernima, akira, whoever outside the usual parties that show face. No saying we never invite/forget y'all.

---

Good morning, BCT.

Yo morning Sch1zz. I'll be going to see Logan around that time, but thanks for the invite. I just realized I haven't even booted up SFV to check out Kolin yet.

Sch1sm

yeah I've been loosing them in the areas that are tight. Last thing I want is for my luscious hair to fall out

Yo morning Sh1zz. I'll be going to see Logan around that time, but thanks for the invite. I just realized I haven't even booted up SFV to check out Kolin yet.

No worries! Enjoy the movie. Watching it tomorrow myself, only heard good things so far, so I'm look forward to it.

Kolin seems to be mixed on a lot of people. Jean likes her. Numb not so much. I still don't have her 'cause that Fight Money struggle.

How about Helldivers!?

*Quickly remembers he's a terrible shot and how he always accidently hit someone in a game of helldivers.*

Second thought....nah.

Hmmm

GW2? No...ya'll don't have that.

Overwatch?

Bloodborne?

Skullgirls??

Earth defense Force 4.1?!

Ehhh, that's all I got.
I'm about that Skullgirls.
I will be down for some sf matches at 3:30, don't know if I'm on anyone's list.

Malyse

Nintendo got me feeling some kinda way.

The only mainline Zelda I never played was Skyward Sword (because reasons (also never played Oracle of Seasons)), but I'm the type that likes to not have gaps in my experiences so I always intended to get back to it one day . I also never picked up Mario 3D World (also for reasons) or Tokyo Mirage Sessions (because I wanted to Switch it). Atop all that, I wanted to grab Animal Crossing for my mom cause I think she could get into that.

So.

SM3DW just price dropped to 19.99.
ACWW just dropped to 19.99.
MyNintendo is offering a Breath of the Wild tie-in discounts for Zelda titles, so Skyward Sword (and Oracle of Seasons) are 30% off.
They are also doing a RPG discount so Tokyo Mirage Sessions is 30% off.

I'm sitting here like
1309229111511.jpg

zeemumu

Nintendo got me feeling some kinda way.

The only mainline Zelda I never played was Skyward Sword (because reasons (also never played Oracle of Seasons)), but I'm the type that likes to not have gaps in my experiences so I always intended to get back to it one day . I also never picked up Mario 3D World (also for reasons) or Tokyo Mirage Sessions (because I wanted to Switch it). Atop all that, I wanted to grab Animal Crossing for my mom cause I think she could get into that.

So.

SM3DW just price dropped to 19.99.
ACWW just dropped to 19.99.
MyNintendo is offering a Breath of the Wild tie-in discounts for Zelda titles, so Skyward Sword (and Oracle of Seasons) are 30% off.
They are also doing a RPG discount so Tokyo Mirage Sessions is 30% off.

I'm sitting here like
1309229111511.jpg

Same on Skyward Sword. I might pick it up.

I'm getting tired of tracking down items that became rare because scalpers bought them in bulk to sell them on the internet. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it but it's pretty annoying.

It's a nice cup and I wanted to pick it up for a friend but they're making this shit difficult.

Beefy

ANyone ever figured out why "top" video game youtubers tend to be assholes?

They start doing it in their early teens and never have to grow up. The successful ones then get everything handed to them for free and fans licking their ass so they become ass holes.

A huge following of minions must drive them power hungry.

And what Beefy said, YouTubers are basically child celebrity that refuse to mature. Even the older ones come to YouTube as extremely immature and there is no financial reason to chage.

Slayven

They start doing it in their early teens and never have to grow up. The successful ones then get everything handed to them for free and fans licking their ass so they become ass holes.

A huge following of minions must drive them power hungry.

And what Beefy said, YouTubers are basically child celebrity that refuse to mature. Even the older ones come to YouTube as extremely immature and there i no financial reason to chage.

I hope they are saving their money.

Didn't DSP blow it recently? Got fired by Machinima or something like that?
God, I would love to sit on my ass all day playing games all day while getting paid.

Village

Some of them were assholes from the jump, then they get vocalized

Some of them get corrupted

Some of them be feeling themselves

Fortunately, not all of them do. And some of them, like in the case of Arin egoraptor hanson,go in the opposite direction and become better people , and then surrounds himself with better people.

So it ain't all bad , but youtube is like being a young actor, lotta fame money and groupies with no parental supervision is a quickway to mess your life and your worldview up

Edit: and some of them, are just that guy you know who is cool, but you don't talk polticis with because he has know actual idea what he's talking about.

Edit: as far as saving money goes I find a lot of the smarter youtubers are just getting into other business venues entirely, liek twitch. but Some are more involved. Some like the gamegrumps have become liek comedians touring selling tickets, and have become a sort of advertising platform for celebrities. Others like TB own gaming teams and sponsor them, some go do brand deals outside of the video game realm and the youtube realm. Some quit to just strait up make video games and follow passions. Some become sort of actors, writers ect ect.

I feel like for a lot of youtube folks their ass hit the fire during first wave of mass channel deaths. This wave being tied to dedicating channels to one game only, or one gimmic and never changing or trying new things, when that thing dies own or that game becomes less popular their channel dies. The ones that survived had an impetus to keep their hands in multiple pies incase their YouTube gig ever dries up.

Malyse

Your mom plays video games?

My mom is pretty amazing. She loves Star Wars, comics, and big violent action action movies like 300 and The Punisher. She's also seen all of the Marvel Netflix shows and loved all of them too. Hell, her geek cred is prolly higher than mine.

Also, today is my parent's anniversary.

Village

Lack of social skills and financial management + sudden attention from legions of faceless fans?

I don't think they lack social skills, right. lIke pewdiepie has friends, he even had friends who criticized him during that incident. You meet felix in reality he seems like a pretty nice human, you talk to the guy you know its whatevre. What they lack is leadership skills, having a youtube will never be a pesonal conversation as many youtubers suggest. You are leading a conversation, like an entertainer, you are leading people to whatever you end goal is.

And there is a difference of cadence you need to have when you are just palling around with your friends, and on a screen in front of millions of people potentially. Some learn this, some don't.

LionPride

Banned
My mom is pretty amazing. She loves Star Wars, comics, and big violent action action movies like 300 and The Punisher. She's also seen all of the Marvel Netflix shows and loved all of them too. Hell, her geek cred is prolly higher than mine.

Also, today is my parent's anniversary.
How many years?

andthebeatgoeson

I feel like Switch is going to hit Wii U numbers once the launch hype wears off. Hoping for a 3DS level price slash during the holidays.
You mean, after Mario kart, goat Zelda, splatoon 2 and Mario in the city? Naw, it'll clear wii l numbers. But they do need some good 3rd party games to get to n64 numbers. They need to drop all other support and focus on this switch cuz it's gonna get dry.

daffy

Banned
I'm getting tired of tracking down items that became rare because scalpers bought them in bulk to sell them on the internet. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it but it's pretty annoying.

It's a nice cup and I wanted to pick it up for a friend but they're making this shit difficult.
Good luck. Exclusive Disneyland merch is the worst.

Beefy

Way creepy Jamaican guy tried selling me shit ( some cheap looking window cleaner) at my door. It's like 10pm here...

akira28

ok i'll jump in if ya'll are still on. Had to get some thangs off my chest that I read on gaf first when I wasn't near a computer.

edit: i got updates to download...

edit: all updates downloaded

I get a cramp I can barely walk, this motherfucker completed a 40 yard dash in 4.22 seconds.
Also has a shoulder issue so he couldn't use his upper body. Optimal conditions in perfect health he probably runs it in 4.19.

Ridiculous. Brother is gifted, and seems like less a dumbass than CJ2K

Zekes!

Man, Logan was dooooope. If I end up seeing John Wick 2 tomorrow, this will be a good week for movies.

Get Out, Logan, John Wick. Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom