• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

X-Men Apocalypse is wack as fuck.

I don't really like any of the X-Men movies though; the best part was always Jackman/Stewart/McKellen

Which is part of the reason Logan is so dope

Numb

X-Men Apocalypse is wack as fuck.

I don't really like any of the X-Men movies though; the best part was always Jackman/Stewart/McKellen

Which is part of the reason Logan is so dope

Felt like a weak random episode of a show with some flying rocks cgi by Magneto

Bronx-Man

Banned
So my roomie starts playing Kim by Eminem and I'm like, jesus christ no wonder white dudes love this guy so much. Literally just 3 mins of him rapping about murdering his wife while's she out begging for life. Like, this some shit school shooters play to get hype.

Gambit61

The release of Oddisee's Iceberg album escaped me. I'm listening to it now. Good shit as always. Not as good as Odd Tape or The Good Fight, but better than Alawasta. He's consistent.

I felt the same way. He's been my favorite artist for a few years now. I need to catch him live some day.

Man, Logan was dooooope. If I end up seeing John Wick 2 tomorrow, this will be a good week for movies.

Get Out, Logan, John Wick. Damn

Logan was great, it was a nice way to end his and Xavier's story.

So my roomie starts playing Kim by Eminem and I'm like, jesus christ no wonder white dudes love this guy so much. Literally just 3 mins of him rapping about murdering his wife while's she out begging for life. Like, this some shit school shooters play to get hype.
Yeah he appealed real hard to edgelord kids way back, I still like his flow and his delivery, his recent albums been shit but mostly cause of shit production. Good producer and he could be putting out some good stuff.

White kids live that shit tho, it's why Jedi Mind Tricks and Celph Titled and them have such a cult following, rapping for 45 minute albums about skull fucking and murders and shit.

^What was that, like two years ago for you?
That shit pretty dope to me.

I felt the same way. He's been my favorite artist for a few years now. I need to catch him live some day.
Oh cool, you listen to him too! I would like to too. The beats on the Odd Tape are phenomenal. Now thinking about it I want to go back into mixcraft and try and make something again, but will probably turn out like how it always does. I fool around with the drums and say none of this shit sound right and stop. I don't know, none of them particular sound as good as the shit I hear in the songs I listen to.

The "Cash Me Outside" chick pisses me off so much. A white girl gets to act like has no home training and her single parenting mother gives up on her and their reward is to make money through exposure and appearances.

Get out.

Village

The "Cash Me Outside" chick pisses me off so much. A white girl gets to act like has no home training and her single parenting mother gives up on her and their reward is to make money through exposure and appearances.

Get out.

Meme money is real my dude

it is fleeting, but it is real

Get out.

I didn't know who she was until y'all mentioned her and Kodak. Why she talk like that?
But at least I got something entertaining from out of it.

Mines still 90% Reggae and old HipHop. Hate most of the shit called HipHop these days.
Still a lot of good shit in the underground scene. I can point you to some good shit if you can give me some good reggae in exchange?

Merc_

I wonder how mad the folks who get upset about black people in fantasy worlds are about Breath of the Wild having black folk walking around?

LionPride

Banned
Mines still 90% Reggae and old HipHop. Hate most of the shit called hiphop these days.
Why?

Sidebar-I used to really like early 90s-mid 00s rap only. Then I started to just listen to music that entertained me. Not just lyricists. Hell, I ain't really get knee deep into music, much less Hip-Hop until 2015. Time has passed fast as hell.

Malyse

anonymous ass on tumblr said:
Do you hate white people? Jw.
marsincharge said:
I hate each and every white person that's shifted uncomfortably when they catch sight of me.

I hate the old white lady that called me scary last week in the airport during security checks.

I hate the white professor that stopped lecture to put her hand in my afro and exclaim how soft it was, prompting my peers to want a turn touching me.

I hate the Southern white men that stuck their head out of their window to call my mother ”n****r".

I hate my ex-friend who used me as her token colored friend when she was called out for her anti-Asian racism.

I hate the Xenophobic, racist white folks at my Dad's job for abusing their power to withhold his money and shut him out.

I hate the drunk white girls who have touched and pulled my hair without permission.

I hate each and every white person that has asked me to teach them to dougie/twerk.

I hate every white person that has asked if I wanna be a rapper or play a sport.

I hate the old white woman that called me a ”n****r prostitute" while I was minding my business and shuffling along to class.

I hate my Dad's ex-boss for looking at my body in a sexual manner when I was 13 years old bc black girls don't get childhoods. I hate him for doing it in front of my father.

I hate the white people that hate the Blackout bc they think it's racist to celebrate yourself and they can't fathom that not everything is for/about them.

I hate the white men that ruined my time abroad in Italy with verbal and sexual assault because I was a black girl.

I hate all the white girls that tried to write off the aforementioned assault as ‘no big deal' because ‘at least I was getting attention'.

I could literally go on but the point I'm trying to make is that I hate white supremacy and if you actively uphold it in any way, shape, or form, then–well, you get the hint I'm sure.

No one ask me this surface level question ever again please.
http://marsincharge.tumblr.com/post/137851155211/do-you-hate-white-people-jw
Meme money is real my dude

it is fleeting, but it is real

But nothing much for the girl who came up with on fleek

Also, are you Villa my dude?

I wonder how mad the folks who get upset about black people in fantasy worlds are about Breath of the Wild having black folk walking around?

"Stupid Nintendo pandering to SJW. Zelda is based on LITERALLY NO PHYSICAL LOCATION, so why are there black people there? This is some bullshit"

Bronx-Man

Banned
3 years thank you

My musical tastes have changed so much from my freshman year. Used to be 95% hard rock and 5% everything else

Now it's like 50% Hip-Hop 10% Neo-Soul 5% Jazz 15% Popish music 5% edm and 10% electronica and 5% anything else

I keep going back and forth between trap and alt rock these days. I still like to mix in some lo-fi hip-hop and edm too.

Malyse

We can't even get a girl Link and y'all talking bout when's Link gonna be a brother

Go big or go home. Make it a gerudo woman.

a_gerudo_morning_by_zorn981-d4db88o.jpg

Beefy

Still a lot of good shit in the underground scene. I can point you to some good shit if you can give me some good reggae in exchange?

You probably know the reggae I like already:

Bob Marley, Damian Marley, Stephen Marley, Raging Fyah, Wiz Kid, Common Kings then random tunes of others.

Why?

Sidebar-I used to really like early 90s-mid 00s rap only. Then I started to just listen to music that entertained me. Not just lyricists. Hell, I ain't really get knee deep into music, much less Hip-Hop until 2015. Time has passed fast as hell.

Don't know man. Everytime I want to put some on I can't be assed to put any new stuff on. Always go back to 90's Dre (early 2000's) and The Black Album etc. I think it's just the new artists that puts me off wanting to search their tunes to see if I like any.

LionPride

Banned
im 21 hours into Zelda

send help
Bruh the hell?

Bob Marley, Damian Marley, Stephen Marley, Raging Fyah, Wiz Kid, Common Kings then random tunes of others.

Don't know man. Everytime I want to put some on I can't be assed to put any new stuff on. Also go back to 90's Dre (early 2000's) and The Black Album etc. I think it's just the new artists that puts me off wanting to search their tunes to see if I like any.
I get that. If it wasn't for the fact I had my mom asking me about so and so rapper a couple years ago, I would have no motivation to be a stan of a lot of the artists I am now. She the reason I got into Anderson .paak

I don't know these, bout to look them up though. I like Chronixx and found this jam via tumblr.

For hip-hop:
Oddisee as I mentioned earlier,
Rapsody
MC Melodee (La Melodia)
Sheisty Khrist
Slum Village
Cunninlynguists
SkyBlew
Akua Naru

Just to name a few.

Paak worth a listen?
If you listen to him. Listen to his NPR performance first. That's how I came about on him. That shit was smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom