• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll ever had salty pretzels, I'm talking the kind that would make you even regret thinking about having pretzels as a snack?

That's me right now. Can't even enjoy them, they so salty.

andthebeatgoeson

took the plunge

downloading Breath of the Wild right now

Stop talking about breath of the wild!!

I want it so bad! D:

Yeah, that's not nice.

RhjKcQm.jpg

Then got another one just now. You can have five of them. 2nd one i named gata.

I'll name the third Throw Hands. I need some other names.

andthebeatgoeson

Good God, this game. Even a lot of effort into the horse taming. And it's hard as fuck. If you ever wanted a hard Zelda, you fucking up for not getting this. Doesn't hold your hand and constantly update you on the next objective. My 6 year old will hate this. He's gonna need easy mode.

I'd hate to imagine hard mode on the dlc. As a matter of fact, i don't expect a lot of people to complain that hard mode is locked behind dlc. I don't think I've ever played a Zelda like this, except for 2. And that was just peak 80s design. I've played for 10 hours, got one heart and that's only because i picked that over stamina. Went one way, found one road, thought i could bypass something, found a dude who morphed into a trump follower and just warped out of there after beating him. I wasn't sure what else was next.

When the last time you wanted to warp out of an open road on Zelda? I looked around and realized i could really die.

Good God, this game. Even a lot of effort into the horse taming. And it's hard as fuck. If you ever wanted a hard Zelda, you fucking up for not getting this. Doesn't hold your hand and constantly update you on the next objective. My 6 year old will hate this. He's gonna need easy mode.

I'd hate to imagine hard mode on the dlc. As a matter of fact, i don't expect a lot of people to complain that hard mode is locked behind dlc. I don't think I've ever played a Zelda like this, except for 2. And that was just peak 80s design. I've played for 10 hours, got one heart and that's only because i picked that over stamina. Went one way, found one road, thought i could bypass something, found a dude who morphed into a trump follower and just warped out of there after beating him. I wasn't sure what else was next.

When the last time you wanted to warp out of an open road on Zelda? I looked around and realized i could really die.
Shit is ridiculously difficult, I can't even imagine what Hard mode could be.

Same with my kid, could barely handle Twilight Princess and that one basically holds your hand for 4 hours. He'd hate this.

Numb

Strength test shrines
raw

I caught this one shrine in central Hyrule that legit took me like 40 minutes. It was stupidly complicated. But it netted me a 50 Claymore that I've used for a crap ton of hard enemies and it still hasn't broken.

Real talk tho, fuck the onrs that need the Gyroscope. It doesn't work right

Sch1sm

Nope
Hell no
Fuck no
N-O spells what? No

Oh, I'm with you. Was just trying to maybe jog his memory with her most popular titles. Of the ones I listed, I liked one. I didn't finish 2 of them at all because they were straight up whatever (Joy & American Hustle). It is what it is. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair I haven't seen any of those

👀 Do you not watch movies often?

SLP was a surprise expecting nothing going in

I watched it on my flight to Kenya last year. I enjoyed it. But then I paused and fell asleep, suddenly I was in Zurich. I'll never know how it went. It seemed very optimistic, though.

---

About to watch Logan, though. Then I Am Not Your Negro, 'cause I've got too much free time today.

Numb

I caught this one shrine in central Hyrule that legit took me like 40 minutes. It was stupidly complicated. But it netted me a 50 Claymore that I've used for a crap ton of hard enemies and it still hasn't broken.

Real talk tho, fuck the onrs that need the Gyroscope. It doesn't work right
''You need the Wii U gamepad to play this''
wat
And so hard to turn perfectly
Oh, I'm with you. Was just trying to maybe jog his memory with her most popular titles. Of the ones I listed, I liked one. I didn't finish 2 of them at all because they were straight up whatever (Joy & American Hustle). It is what it is. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

👀 Do you not watch movies often?

I watched it on my flight to Kenya last year. I enjoyed it. But then I paused and fell asleep, suddenly I was in Zurich. I'll never know how it went. It seemed very optimistic, though.

---

About to watch Logan, though. Then I Am Not Your Negro, 'cause I've got too much free time today.
It's was not as bad a i was expecting
Not because of her tho but Brad

Johndoey

Banned
Breath of the wild is cool, wish the game have more of a shit about making me give a damn about this grand quest Link is supposed to be on.

I feel nothing for this world or any of the characters.

Trey

Just flicked through a few Oddisee and Paak tunes. Both are my kind of music, so thanks Lion and Blasian. Will check them out more later.

if you're feeling that, definitely check out Blu's Below The Heavens if you haven't already.

akira28

looks like Bayonetta mixed with Mighty No. 9. Wish I got games like that with my MonthlyHumble subscription instead of the crap I do get.

andthebeatgoeson

Fuck McDonald's. You had one job. One slice of meat and one slice of cheese for each part of the daddy Mac. How you put both pieces of cheese on each other?

They need a training day.

Everytime i come hear, it's like the dude waking up and yelling for me to get out.

Fuck McDonald's. You had one job. One slice of meat and one slice of cheese for each part of the daddy Mac. How you put both pieces of cheese on each other?

Everytime i come hear, it's like the dude waking up and yelling for me to get out.
I am constantly amazed at how consistently they manage to fuck up even the simplest things.

Mizerman

One of the main reason why I stopped eating at McDonald's.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think that's J Law's thing, like her "get". Looking disinterested and cool, like she has something better to do, or some place else to be. And I guess the implication is that better place is at home with her demographic, having crazy free wildgirl sex.

To be fair to JLaw, was there anyone in Apocalypse that looked like they wanted to be there?

zeemumu

I think that's J Law's thing, like her "get". Looking disinterested and cool, like she has something better to do, or some place else to be. And I guess the implication is that better place is at home with her demographic, having crazy free wildgirl sex.

JLaw's thing is that she's normal, and as a result is allowed to be goofy or accident-prone or whatnot. But it tends to come off as her trying to hard to remind us that she's normal instead of acting normal, like when you tell someone to "act natural" and they overdo it.

Mystique in the First Class movies just isn't that well-written. Her motivations fluctuate constantly and by Apocalypse she was pretty much checked out of the series, which is probably the reason why she spends most of her time as Jennifer Lawrence and not blue. That makeup takes a lot of time.

She can act, though.

It'd be interesting to see her in a romantic comedy or a horror film because I think those are the only genres she hasn't done yet.

andthebeatgoeson

Anyone interested, I've played a bit of switch and you probably don't need a separate charger for the one controller it comes with. The switch will need recharging in a few hours but when i checked the battery levels for the controllers, they were fully charged.

Now, if you buy a second set of joy cons, then you may need a separate charger grip. That's where Nintendo is on that bullshit. Packing in the charging grip would have been helpful and probably cheap. But i get the sense you can switch out joy cons and they may have great battery life.

For now, I'll just grab the pro controller, cuz I'm a putz. I'm not sold on snipperclippers or 1,2 switch yet. So I'll just have the joy cons and the pro and wait until they release a must have game that needs 4 joy cons.

And I'll probably grab a screen protector from Nintendo. And keep the kids away unless I'm right there. They can keep rocking the wii u for now.

Malyse

Anyone interested, I've played a bit of switch and you probably don't need a separate charger for the one controller it comes with. The switch will need recharging in a few hours but when i checked the battery levels for the controllers, they were fully charged.

Now, if you buy a second set of joy cons, then you may need a separate charger grip. That's where Nintendo is on that bullshit. Packing in the charging grip would have been helpful and probably cheap. But i get the sense you can switch out joy cons and they may have great battery life.

For now, I'll just grab the pro controller, cuz I'm a putz. I'm not sold on snipperclippers or 1,2 switch yet. So I'll just have the joy cons and the pro and wait until they release a must have game that needs 4 joy cons.

And I'll probably grab a screen protector from Nintendo. And keep the kids away unless I'm right there. They can keep rocking the wii u for now.

Let me suggest you wait on any accessory purchases. For reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom