• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Just flicked through a few Oddisee and Paak tunes. Both are my kind of music, so thanks Lion and Blasian. Will check them out more later.

akira28

I had no hype for it and bought it on a whim.

No ragrats

I regret getting this GTAV from HumbleStore. I got it for 26$ but it wasn't a steam code, its direct from rockstaronline. I mainly got it to play with my friend but I guess RSonline will still make that possible.

LionPride

Banned
I disagree. X2, First Class, Deadpool and DOFP are all top-tier.

You notice how the two good movies outta those four don't feel like X-Men movies?

Like you can disagree with me all you want, this opinion of mine will likely never change.

Because as I've said before

X-Men: Trash as hell post 2000
X-Men 2: Trash outside of the Wolverine fight and Nightcrawler fight
X-Men 3: Trash
Origins: Garbage
The Wolverine: Good until the last act which made it trash
Apocalypse: Bad

And all that's left is First Class and Deadpool, two movies that aren't really like the others.

Malyse

You notice how the two good movies outta those four don't feel like X-Men movies?

Like you can disagree with me all you want, this opinion of mine will likely never change.

And all that's left is First Class and Deadpool, two movies that aren't really like the others.

1. The statement was "foxverse Marvel movie" not X-Men movies.
2. You said "not a high bar"

Even if only two aren't bad, your entire premise is in shambles. Give credit where credit is due.

Also, you pointedly left Days of Future Past off that list, which even with your terribly dismissively reductive nature makes a one of three ratio.

Zekes!

Honestly, I don't even like First Class all that much. Deadpool was good but I feel like I would like it less on repeated viewings.

The Wolverine is the only other X-Men movie I actually like, but like LionPride said, that shit falls apart at the end.

Zekes!

I think the thing that makes me dislike all the new X-Men movies is JLaw as Mystique.

I can't get over that. She ruins the whole thing for me. Also I don't like Beast in it.

I think we're just going to have to disagree.

LionPride

Banned
1. The statement was "foxverse Marvel movie" not X-Men movies.
2. You said "not a high bar"

Even if only two aren't bad, your entire premise is in shambles. Give credit where credit is due.

Also, you pointedly left Days of Future Past off that list, which even with your terribly dismissively reductive nature makes a one of three ratio.

Shit my bad, Days of Future Past puts my ass to sleep faster than a motherfuckin Ambien

And it's not a high bar when you have two good movies in 17 years and the statement is "Better than the other movies by a mile" Not a lot of work has to be done to be better than most of them joints, and I tend to not even count Deadpool.

Still ain't seein Logan because I don't spend my money on shit I'm likely to dislike.

Numb

I think the thing that makes me dislike all the new X-Men movies is JLaw as Mystique.

I can't get over that. She ruins the whole thing for me. Also I don't like Beast in it.
Girl is boring even outside the obviously bored acting she does as Mystique
Could you look less engaged?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Agreed. First class and Deadpool were the best best of fox's outings for me.

Actually I enjoyed the wolverine too. Shame a movie had to fuck all that growth up

I'm playing PSX games full speed with my Dualshock 4 on my Shield Tablet. I can use the Dualshock as a mouse of sorts so that means I can take advantage of console mode if I buy a mini hdmi cable.

bruh.jpg

Bruh for some reason I can't pair my Dualshock 4 to my Shield Tablet. It never finalizes the connection and times out. I think I have to update it or something.

Just got back from Logan. Earned that r rating got damn. Best foxverse marvel movie by a mile.

I saw Logan last night. I thought it was a fantastic movie. Great sendoff.

I saw Get Out tonight. Hannibal made that movie lol

Zekes!

Girl is boring even outside the obviously bored acting she does as Mystique
Could you look less engaged?

I can't think of one thing I like JLaw in.

Catching up on Legion; there's always something reassuring when I see British Columbia's landscape in movies and TV shows. I think half of the reason I liked the Revenant was because of that.

Sch1sm

I can't think of one thing I like JLaw in.

Catching up on Legion; there's always something reassuring when I see British Columbia's landscape in movies and TV shows. I think half of the reason I liked the Revenant was because of that.

Silver Linings Playbook?
Joy?
Hunger Games anything?
American Hustle?

Some old Trump supporter got pepper sprayed at one of those struggle Pro-Trump rallies, and someone took a picture of him writhing on the ground

And of course the Coli turned him into a smiley

Anyhow... tomorrow is cleaning and Horizon day. Plus whatever of SFV Story mode I can get in.

akira28

I think that's J Law's thing, like her "get". Looking disinterested and cool, like she has something better to do, or some place else to be. And I guess the implication is that better place is at home with her demographic, having crazy free wildgirl sex.

J.Law was the worst part of DOFP. Doesn't help that she hates being in the makeup for Mystique and it shows in each movie. It's like...why are you even here then

Good morning BCT. I had chest day at the gym. Soon I'm going to head to a hardware store to pick up a TV cord to see if I struck gold last night.

Well shit. Get Out does not fuck around. Will make you think.

It earns the praises it is receiving. A lot of people are saying they want a sequel but I don't believe Peele would make a sequel; it seems more impactful as a standalone film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom