• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so close. I can feel it.

giphy.gif
I need it.

Oh yea, I did end up getting my haircut today. My barber moved to a new shop when the owner of the old one start increasing booth rent.

I asked her how much.

She gon say "this n*gga was asking for 10 dollars, I told him I gots to go!"

Ok.

So she moved to a beauty salon where she's the only barber. So I come in, all them black women was looking at me like I was an alien or some shit. There was two old dudes in there being loud as hell. Mary J Bliges "I Can Love You" comes on the radio, this old man started dancing and droppin it low in the middle of the shop talking about "THATS MY SHIT!!"

And this my friends is why I can't get my haircut at any place other than a black shop.

I'd be dancing to Auntie Mary too. I feel you on the black barber though.

FyreWulff

Is it me or is the internet a bit too eager to call out who influenced who?

Pretty much. They forget devs play other games and that they all like inspiring each other.

There's a vast gulf between building off each other for inspiration (good) and a dev just reskinning a popular game for a quick buck (bad) but people try to equate the two sometimes

Pretty much. They forget devs play other games and that they all like inspiring each other.

There's a vast gulf between building off each other for inspiration (good) and a dev just reskinning a popular game for a quick buck (bad) but people try to equate the two sometimes

People are just crazy and delusional. It's like the world of console wars is all there is.

Congrats!

Congrats.

OMG I just don't why it's so hard to find some people who don't give a lot of bullshit! A lot of say they're interested and never hit you back. Others fail to bring the shit you need for you to start drawing and keep saying I'll give it you next week, but when you come back they don't bring shit, the others say I don't have the money right now, I'll hit you up later, but silence, and there's people who think $30 or $25 is too much. Some crazy bitch tried to compare my detailed portraits to caricatures you get at the fair. Like really? Really? And the worst of them all, them scandalous ass motherfuckers who try to get shit free from you. FUCK THE HELL OFF! It uber surprised me that someone was committed on the spot like that. I hope I can get more people like this because while I appreciate this $25 it's not nearly enough for me to get on my feet.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Earth Defense Force 5 gonna finally get me to purchase a PS4, that shit looks so good.

Went to see the Assassins Creed movie last night as a joke at first, but the shit was actually the best game movie I've seen lol

Had no idea it was a legit production with big names, they even let Omar live

RedSwirl

Now I gotta spend this weekend praying this big-ass branch don't fall off and put a hole in my back deck or demolish a window.

It ain't even a branch, it's the top of the trunk of the tree. The wind broke it completely off but it got caught in the adjacent branches and has been hanging there about 50ft above the house for a couple days now. The tree people keep delaying. They say they'll be here Monday or something, but we might get 6 inches of snow Monday.

zeemumu

Went to see the Assassins Creed movie last night as a joke at first, but the shit was actually the best game movie I've seen lol

Had no idea it was a legit production with big names, they even let Omar live

That's a bar so low you could just trip over it, heh.

All it'd be competing with are The first Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Warcraft. The rest are really only valid as "so bad it's good" movies.

Backhanded compliment

That's a bar so low you could just trip over it, heh.

All it'd be competing with are The first Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Warcraft. The rest are really only valid as "so bad it's good" movies.

It was actually a decent movie without the game movie handicap tho lol

Good action scenes, sprinkle of humor but not overdone, good cast. Managed to hit the main ideas of the games while still being its own thing

zeemumu

Mortal Kombat > those

Streets still talk about Scorpion vs Johnny Cage and Lao Kang vs Reptile.

Yet people REFUSE to recognize how top-tier Johnny Cage is despite beating Goro in the movie and beating both Sub-Zero and Scorpion at the same time in the games, as well as being one of the few characters not insta-murdered by Sindel. Johnny's just shy of Liu Kang's level, or even better on a good day.

It was actually a decent movie without the game movie handicap tho lol

Good action scenes, sprinkle of humor but not overdone, good cast. Managed to hit the main ideas of the games while still being its own thing

I heard that it had the same problem that the game had where the future stuff started to drag it down.

Malyse

Man. Nintendo playing F-Zero music during the MK8 Deluxe trailer is a hilarious fuck you.

-----

Scott Pilgrim vs. the world is the best video game movie ever.

Mizerman

Yet people REFUSE to recognize how top-tier Johnny Cage is despite beating Goro in the movie and beating both Sub-Zero and Scorpion at the same time in the games, as well as being one of the few characters not insta-murdered by Sindel.

I think it's because that prior to the reboot, Cage was portrayed as comic relief for the most part so people didn't take him seriously.

Man. Nintendo playing F-Zero music during the MK8 Deluxe trailer is a hilarious fuck you.

-----

Scott Pilgrim vs. the world is the best video game movie ever.

Not only is it not a game adaptation, it's a shitty adaptation of good comics.

I heard that it had the same problem that the game had where the future stuff started to drag it down.

Story wise the present is the main focus but the past sequences get a decent portion of screen time

jWILL253

Banned
I've seen some awful analogies in my time.

But my lord...

That's not really a good comparison. In that situation you're Trump, not the people voting for Trump. Of course I would blame you.

A more realistic comparison is that you and someone else are having a debate that ends in the fate of my dick with a group of people voting on what happens to it. Then the person who wants to shoot my dick makes outlandish arguments about why I shouldn't have a dick, and the person who wants to save my dick spends all of their time talking about how the person who wants to shoot off my dick is an asshole, and barely even touches on the subject of why my fucking dick shouldn't get shot off.

In which case, they're both assholes. The guy who shot off my dick is obviously MORE of an asshole, but the person who can't even convince people that genital mutilation is wrong because they spent more of their time attacking their opponent and very little time talking about why I should keep my dick would still be a pretty big inept asshole too.

The problem with people like you Duck, is that you can't admit that there are varying degrees of being an asshole, or ineptitude, or any other negative character trait. Trump and his shitty supporters existing doesn't mean that Clinton did her job well, and them being worse people than Hillary doesn't mean that she didn't fuck up too. The blame for this very much deserves to be spread around.

zeemumu

I think it's because that prior to the reboot, Cage was portrayed as comic relief for the most part so people didn't take him seriously.

But come on, man. The god of thunder and guardian of your realm doesn't hand pick you for a death tournament to save the planet unless he thinks you've got what it takes.

zeemumu

Not only is it not a game adaptation, it's a shitty adaptation of good comics.

Story wise the present is the main focus but the past sequences get a decent portion of screen time

How dare you shit talk Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

The combat needed a little work but this game is pretty fun. Good art and music.

I'm more excited for Sonic Mania than Mario Odyssey

No doubt it'll be a shitter game though

I'm excited for that Sonic game where young Sonic comes back but it's not a Generations game, apparently.

I wonder if they'll get Jaleel White to voice him or keep him silent again.

The movie erased most of the women's personalities and screen time and snatched Ramona's big moment. Also Michael Cera as Scott was terrible casting

Scott's actually attractive and charismatic, but an asshole at first. Not believable with Cera

zeemumu

I own all the comics, the movie, and the game on multiple platforms.

I own all the comics, the game, and TWO movies.
You can't win this fight.

The movie erased most of the women's personalities and screen time and snatched Ramona's big moment. Also Michael Cera as Scott was terrible casting

Scott's actually attractive and charismatic, but an asshole at first. Not believable with Cera

Eh, Scott just doesn't give a fuck. Up until the last book he had very little concept of anything outside of his own bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom