• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
The movie erased most of the women's personalities and screen time and snatched Ramona's big moment. Also Michael Cera as Scott was terrible casting

Scott's actually attractive and charismatic, but an asshole at first. Not believable with Cera
Nah. Cera was perfectly cast probably one of the greatest casting choices ever made. Scott's a manipulative human dumpster fire and Cera portrayed that perfectly.

As a tight one movie adaptation of a multi-work series it managed to hit almost every major beat. It's not perfect, but it's as close as it could be.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Gig
One man's junk is another man's treasure
(Today, 03:55 PM)

EDF games are great, old school arcadey fun. I have put hundreds of hours into the series and the only thing that brings it down are the crappy controls and technical issues.

I can't wait to shoot some giant frogs and ants. EDF, EDF, EDF!!!!

Nah. Cera was perfectly cast probably one of the greatest casting choices ever made. Scott's a manipulative human dumpster fire and Cera portrayed that perfectly.

As a tight one movie adaptation of a multi-work series it managed to hit almost every major beat. It's not perfect, but it's as close as it could be.

What? They cut out the shit that actually made the books good reading and dumbed it down hard booty

It's like Vigilante 8 vs. Interstate 76

Shy

I wish Dragon's Crown would get a PC port.
OMG I just don't why it's so hard to find some people who don't give a lot of bullshit! A lot of say they're interested and never hit you back. Others fail to bring the shit you need for you to start drawing and keep saying I'll give it you next week, but when you come back they don't bring shit, the others say I don't have the money right now, I'll hit you up later, but silence, and there's people who think $30 or $25 is too much. Some crazy bitch tried to compare my detailed portraits to caricatures you get at the fair. Like really? Really? And the worst of them all, them scandalous ass motherfuckers who try to get shit free from you. FUCK THE HELL OFF! It uber surprised me that someone was committed on the spot like that. I hope I can get more people like this because while I appreciate this $25 it's not nearly enough for me to get on my feet.
In the U.K. we call them Gazers.
Holy shit Nier is so good
It does. I'm really looking forward to getting it next week on PC.

Johndoey

Banned
What? They cut out the shit that actually made the books good reading and dumbed it down hard booty

It's like Vigilante 8 vs. Interstate 76
One film adaptation of a five work series that needed to hit every major set piece from the books, yeah a ton of shit got the axe, that's how it had to go.
I stand by my statement that it was about as good as it could've been.

andthebeatgoeson

Some Craig's list random tried to scam the lady. Selling an old shitty couch and they tried the 'give em a check for much larger and ask for shit' scam.

She tried to sell it for 300 and it all went down hill. These douches raised the price (which i acknowledged was red flag #1... Who offers to pay more without prompting), then have terrible language, terrible response times.

They actually UPS'd a check for $1900. That's when my wife caught on. She ignored the email with a whole bunch of bullshit instructions.

I'm a little worried it took so much for her to realize the bullshit. You tell me you sending a check and I'm like:
stopitslime.png
usure.png
scust.png
comeon.png

But i assume i would have been calling bullshit on someone upping the price by $100. It seems like there are a bunch of warning signs when these scams go thru. So we had a nice discussion breaking it all down.

And I'm tripping because I'm on here and i think i probably get a heads up. Marriage ain't nothing unless you are constantly talking. Sharing info. I'm glad we avoided it.

Some Craig's list random tried to scam the lady. Selling an old shitty couch and they tried the 'give em a check for much larger and ask for shit' scam.

She tried to sell it for 300 and it all went down hill. These douches raised the price (which i acknowledged was red flag #1... Who offers to pay more without prompting), then have terrible language, terrible response times.

They actually UPS'd a check for $1900. That's when my wife caught on. She ignored the email with a whole bunch of bullshit instructions.

I'm a little worried it took so much for her to realize the bullshit. You tell me you sending a check and I'm like:
stopitslime.png
usure.png
scust.png
comeon.png

But i assume i would have been calling bullshit on someone upping the price by $100. It seems like there are a bunch of warning signs when these scams go thru. So we had a nice discussion breaking it all down.

And I'm tripping because I'm on here and i think i probably get a heads up. Marriage ain't nothing unless you are constantly talking. Sharing info. I'm glad we avoided it.
Fucked up how few people realize that a healthy relationship is nothing more than being able to communicate with each other like adults.

I've never seen Samurai Jack.

I think you might like it. I would say to try and find the first episodes since they form a movie of sorts, and that's basically what you can expect from the series. Occasionally there's a non-canon/comedy episode too (the one with David Alan Grier comes to mind lol), but in general it plays the seriousness straight.

zeemumu

I've never seen Samurai Jack.

Adult Swim's been streaming the whole thing in preparation for Season 5 dropping tomorrow. The new season's shaping up to be the same quality as the old ones, except all the robot violence is now real violence.

You might like it.

Would watch this death battle

There actually is a Death Battle for Wolverine vs Jack, but it's Metal Gear Rising Jack/Raiden. The main argument is over whether or not the High Frequency Muramasa could feasibly cut through adamantium.
The say that it could because it operates on the same mechanics as Antarctic Vibranium

zeemumu

"adamantium" isn't an actual thing. It's made up by Marvel- and even Marvel has different "grades" of Adamantium (primary, secondary, beta). Unless Samurai Jack is a Marvel Property, means nothing.

Well the doctor said Adamantium so I'm going with it. Don't ruin my dreams.

Well the doctor said Adamantium so I'm going with it. Don't ruin my dreams.

too late. cartoon network is owned by Warner Brothers, isn't it? The same people that own DC?

That's just shit talking from the competition. hardly a reliable source.

To be fair, Jack's sword is magical in nature. So yeah.

doesn't matter.

4941039-9021782545-R4SFP.png

Black Knight has an ebony blade forged by Merlin that can "cut anything." Useless against adamantium. Neither one of those things can cut the other.

Nudull

Banned
Goddamn, Get Out is some of the most fun I've gotten out of a horror movie in a while. Some deep-ass cuts in satire, too.

Lil Rel Howery/Rod is a treasure.

zeemumu

too late. cartoon network is owned by Warner Brothers, isn't it? The same people that own DC?

doesn't matter.

Black Knight has an ebony blade forged by Merlin that can "cut anything." Useless against adamantium. Neither one of those things can cut the other.

Until Misty Knight punches him and his adamantium skeleton turns to jelly. Vibranium's the true best metal.
2989088-6134856853-85998.png

Until Misty Knight punches him and his adamantium skeleton turns to jelly. Vibranium's the true best metal.
2989088-6134856853-85998.png

that's antarctic vibranium, or anti-metal.

Different from standard, and extremely rare. It's not actually that great at cutting things- it just destabilizes anything metal. So depends on what you want to use the metal for, I guess.

zeemumu

that's antarctic vibranium, or anti-metal.

Different from standard, and extremely rare. It's not actually that great at cutting things- it just destabilizes anything metal. So depends on what you want to use the metal for, I guess.

I know, but the mechanics of standard vibranium itself make it pretty OP.

Slayven

stopitslime.png
usure.png
scust.png
comeon.png

Folks amaze me with the scam. Like you are putting in more energy to scam than it takes to get a job

doesn't matter.

Black knight in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom