• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
lmao my guy I'm not trying to go down that mental sidewalk.

Also I hope you are hearing (or will be hearing) good news from some of the schools you sent apps to.
Learn April 1 about all the remaining ones. Only got rejected by Northwestern, got accepted by 4 others, but hopefully I ain't gotta go to those.

Zekes!

There's no love in that, akira.

Honestly, Zekes. Scale of 1-10, 30. Even the action of chewing is painful, forget putting food in there. Hell, laughing hurts. I can't even read half of GAF on this.

You're stronger than me, I'd be buried under my pillows in bed and jacked up on T3's

Learn April 1 about all the remaining ones. Only got rejected by Northwestern, got accepted by 4 others, but hopefully I ain't gotta go to those.

Good stuff man. Let me know if you are majoring in something business focused. I know a few cool national fellowships that help students of color get internships and eventually full time offers at college.

Do it for the culture.

Sch1sm

ok fine, do you have any soup bones? or are we just dealing with boullion cubes? Do you have your vegetables picked out, meats, you want rice or noodles?

Its not going to be soup for a long time though. Just a pot full of water and food. you might want to cut it short by hour 3 and just enjoy a stew.

Soup bones always, noodles always. You right, though, stew's best case if I don't go canned something. No ones got time for all of that.

Is it hypocritical homie time?

My virgin ears can't hang.

LionPride

Banned
Good stuff man. Let me know if you are majoring in something business focused. I know a few cool national fellowships that help students of color get internships and eventually full time offers at college.

Do it for the culture.
Was thinking of double majoring in Com Sci and International Business/Relations but most of my schools only offered it as a Minor. Lotta scholarships for Black STEM majors thankfully.

Learned the downside of applying out of state, applied to Creighton, got in, cost $50,000 to go to, only offered $20,000. Mostly because I only have a 29 ACT.

Was thinking of double majoring in Com Sci and International Business/Relations but most of my schools only offered it as a Minor. Lotta scholarships for Black STEM majors thankfully.

Learned the downside of applying out of state, applied to Creighton, got in, cost $50,000 to go to, only offered $20,000. Mostly because I only have a 29 ACT.

Damn man so that would be 30 stacks a year for 4 years? Nah don't do it unless you have to.

I grew up pretty poor so when my letters started rolling in most of the schools gave need based aid. And I needed everything. Business school might haunt me one day if I can't get it covered but don't get yourself in too much debt early on.

Nice double major idea. During my junior year I realized what majors I actually wanted to do but I wasn't trying to spend 5 years in college. Comp Sci + Econ would be what I would redo as but International Biz is also a great choice. Damn dude with your major thought you should have applied to my alma mater.

Yeah I second comp sci as a good one. As an MIS major is also point to that if you're interested in STEM fields, administration isn't a bad path through it though it is demanding as fuuuuuuuck. And yeah, never go deep into debt for this. You're basically just working for the state for your first five to ten years if your working life. Limit as much of your debt as possible.
I'm not at the place to tell other parents how to be a parent. That shit is hard enough. It takes most of my energy, whereas going to work is a break.

But the kids who need a smack probably just need focused discipline. Like, the smack isn't a get out of jail free card. Every now and again, the kids will try and test. Which means, at least once a month. And you can't bitch out of it. You have to respond and respond effectively. We learned early that if you count to 3, the next time they don't respond, you need to be up in their grill.

You need to snatch them like that Mom did on BBC. You don't have to spank but you need to grip them up, take away privileges.

And every time i spanked or smacked, it was out of laziness and frustration or anger. I personally don't feel like spanking gives me a good option afterwards. What's next after you do full nuclear beating? I say, hold onto to it as a nuclear option and use that fear.

And we need more encouragement for parents. Shitty governments taking away child day care and a parent working two jobs is in a stressful position. There are a lot of forces that want to reinforce old ways, putting pressure on a parent.

And this, this is all facts. I've only put hands on my kid a few times and even then it was because I was angry and the issue was only really resolved once that subsided and I say and talked too him. Getting angry is gonna happen, but you have to be able to control and contain it and know when to put the fear of god in em. Like for instance, tonight he refused to eat his dinner so he loses privileges and Gets punished. If he does it again the punishment escalates until the point gets across that he's the child and I'm the grown up.

Parenting is fucking hard. It's sacrifice and restraint and a whole lotta stress.

Giiiiiiiiiiirl.

---

BCT, share a soup recipe with me since I can't eat a God damn thing currently. Tooth extractions should be classified as a form of torture.

Can of Campbell's tomato soup
Cup or so of heavy cream
Shredded parmasean cheese
Salt pepper basil garlic oregano

Heat heavy cream and cheese until melted
Add soup and spices to your liking

Should be a good time

akira28

lmao

thC3NcDm.jpg

they're both so adorable

if I was sick, or in pain, I would probably just order a pizza, I mean chunk some starchy potatoes, peel and dice some carrots, slice up half of a sweet onion, cut up 3 spring onions/leeks better if you got em. fine dice celery. powdered ginger, oregano, thyme, sweet basil, fresh parsley in a sachet get it cookin. 2 chicken thigh you boil in a separate pot with some of that sweet onion till it falls from the bone, take it , skin and all and it goes into the big stew pot. you now have a stew goin.

campbells in a can.

ingredients

microwave
tupperware
can opener
soup

or you can just put the can in the microwave and turn it on.

(but really any soup recepies I would give would be of no use because it would be 5 hours before you could eat)

why would you use a can opener to open the tupperware?

I didn't get any of that, I just thought the shit was cool. I got it one week before the movie came out and finished right before I went to see the movie.

Just watched The Craft earlier. It's disappointing, but not surprising Rachel True's character was less important compared to the other three girls and she just seemed to follow in behind the other two for no apparent reason. I would've been cheesing like a motherfucker after I made Marsha's hair fall out.

And Rachel True not only looks better than the rest of the cast today, she damn near looks the same as she did then, when she was a 30 year old playing a teenager. Who really has The Craft?

black youtubers are just chasing that "reaction" market for views like the others

also what is Japan's fascination with Nazi inspirations for their anime. Granted they aren't History Channel levels of obession but this Tanya anime that's the new hotness marks a bunch of checkboxes

Japan's fascination with Nazi inspirations for their anime might come from the fact that Japan was an ally of Nazi Germany during WWII.

This feeling, is the same as when women hear Single Ladies?

yy5yfej8zlky.jpg

Rogue's response is the best. THE BEST.

Also, I'm a woman and I wanted Monica Rambeau. Marvel just wanted the white woman first, as an analogue for Wonder Woman. And if the DC movie sucks, they just might win.

LionPride

Banned
Damn man so that would be 30 stacks a year for 4 years? Nah don't do it unless you have to.

I grew up pretty poor so when my letters started rolling in most of the schools gave need based aid. And I needed everything. Business school might haunt me one day if I can't get it covered but don't get yourself in too much debt early on.

Nice double major idea. During my junior year I realized what majors I actually wanted to do but I wasn't trying to spend 5 years in college. Comp Sci + Econ would be what I would redo as but International Biz is also a great choice. Damn dude with your major thought you should have applied to my alma mater.
Where you go again?

With the scholarship I applied to, but didn't "get" the first round with, I may get into Duke, Vandy, Rice, Penn, Chicago, or Davidson paying nothing.

Also may minor in film if I can't minor in Internatiom Biz/Relations

Side note: I'm 100% positve Bella Thorne has smashed some Memphis Grizzlies

Even after Get Out people are saying that they voted for Obama as an excuse to hold ignorant thoughts and ignore the fact that they were able to avoid a lot of struggles and obstacles because they are White. Bootstraps my ass

Where you go again?

With the scholarship I applied to, but didn't "get" the first round with, I may get into Duke, Vandy, Rice, Penn, Chicago, or Davidson paying nothing.

Also may minor in film if I can't minor in Internatiom Biz/Relations

Side note: I'm 100% positve Bella Thorne has smashed some Memphis Grizzlies

Gtown

I missed a Doug thread? Ahh shit, I love me some motherfucking Doug, like for reals.
I need to find a place to watch some eps. It be coming on too infrequently and too late on The Splat.

LionPride

Banned
Even after Get Out people are saying that they voted for Obama as an excuse to hold ignorant thoughts and ignore the fact that they were able to avoid a lot of struggles and obstacles because they are White. Bootstraps my ass

Gtown
Fuck I was gonna apply there but decided against it for some dumb reasons. Would've loved it there too.

And Rachel True not only looks better than the rest of the cast today, she damn near looks the same as she did then, when she was a 30 year old playing a teenager. Who really has The Craft?

Also, I'm a woman and I wanted Monica Rambeau. Marvel just wanted the white woman first, as an analogue for Wonder Woman. And if the DC movie sucks, they just might win.

Damn, Rachel was 30 when she was in that movie?

What are Monica's best comics? I might go to the library and see if I can get one.

zeemumu

The Samurai Jack episode is currently airing on Toonami. It aired half an hour early on the Adult Swim stream but imma watch it again.

LionPride

Banned
If you all wanted another podcast, listen to Black Men Can't Jump(In Hollywood). It and Black on Black Cinema have become my pods for reviewing black movies.

Slayven

Whenever I hear or read some alt-right loser using the word "cuck" I think about how creepy and sad it is that they probably subconsciously fantasize about black slong.

Also I'm so out of the Marvel loop, being a dedicated DC loyalist all I know are my L's of poorly reviewed movies and comics.

Think about how much of their identity revolves around sex. Jews trying to breed the white people out, woman trying to take away their masculinity, etc

zeemumu

That Mature rating on Samurai Jack really shows. One episode in and we've got
childbirth, blood, PTSD, and punching children in the face.

Samurai Jack and Dragon Ball.

Just like old times.

I only watched the first episode of Super though so I'm gonna be lost as hell.

Beefy

That Mature rating on Samurai Jack really shows. One episode in and we've got
childbirth, blood, PTSD, and punching children in the face.

Samurai Jack and Dragon Ball.

Just like old times.

I only watched the first episode of Super though so I'm gonna be lost as hell.

Jack is back and a mature rating?

Slayven

Behold the homestead of White Superiority

0vpc.jpg

Frank Ancona, the imperial wizard of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, smelled like cat piss.

The stench clung to the 51-year-old's graying hair and mustache. It seeped into the fabric of his clothes and hung on him like a blanket. He was unhappy about it, but he did not seem to know what to do. He lived in a small, beat-looking house in the rural southeast Missouri town of Leadwood. The windows of the front porch had been pulled out and the wood frames wrapped in chicken wire — a project his wife had undertaken one evening after he headed off to his job as an overnight courier for a St. Louis-based shipping company.

Malissa Ancona, 44, seemed intent on turning their home into a giant kennel. It was well-known that the bleach blonde ran an off-the-books — some would say infamous — animal rescue. Dozens of cats and two dogs shared 1,000 square feet with the Klansman and his wife. They nested in piles of dirty clothes, pawed through open garbage and kicked litter across the floors. A neighbor estimates as many as 70 cats lived there during peak times.

Remember that video where dude wanted to shout nigger in school after getting his ass beat then he tried to run? Then it turned into the BP vs Bucky scene from CIvil War?

Bucky's arm jobbed to everyone in that movie, but the best time was when BP wasn't even in his suit and basically threw him off a stairwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom