• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

It's still mind boggling to me that a significant chunk of a country and its leaders can not see healthcare as a right and not a privilege. Dat personal lack of empathy really fucked a bunch of em on so many things and this is just a major one.

Wish there was a do over for the dummies to go to one side and the sane to go to the other. Everybody who feels like being in Kansas 2 could do so without shitting all over the people with sanity.

I always found it weird that despite how patriotic some Americans get about being American, there seems to be a general consensus of "fuck you I got mine"

LionPride

Banned
It was motherfucking 80 degrees Friday in Memphis, then it was 30 and snowed. And it's gonna be 25-35 the rest if this week.

And here I am enjoying myself in the sun and on the beach.

Sch1sm

It's still mind boggling to me that a significant chunk of a country and its leaders can not see healthcare as a right instead of a privilege. Dat personal lack of empathy really fucked a bunch of em on so many things and this is just a major one.

Wish there was a do over for the dummies to go to one side and the sane to go to the other. Everybody who feels like being in Kansas 2 could do so without shitting all over the people with sanity.

I wonder all the time how the Canadian health care model is so different from the US'. We still pay for ours, through our taxes. The only ones who get it free are those who are on social assistance for whatever reason, from disability onward. You have to be a citizen to benefit, too, so the argument, "But the illegals!!1!1!1!1," is invalid. Would just be worlds easier this way.

Things vary by province, obviously, but they don't even need to cover every thing. Ontario doesn't. I had to pay for physiotherapy, I gotta pay for dental work, I still pay for my meds etc. But visiting the doctor, or going to a psych? Free under my provincially issued health card.

I don't really see people complain about the fact they're paying for anyone else, either. The amount we pay isn't really noticeable since it comes right out of our paycheques and all.

Slayven

I wonder all the time how the Canadian health care model is so different from the US'. We still pay for ours, through our taxes. The only ones who get it free are those who are on social assistance for whatever reason, from disability onward. You have to be a citizen to benefit, too, so the argument, "But the illegals!!1!1!1!1," is invalid. Would just be worlds easier this way.

Things vary by province, obviously, but they don't even need to cover every thing. Ontario doesn't. I had to pay for physiotherapy, I gotta pay for dental work, I still pay for my meds etc. But visiting the doctor, or going to a psych? Free under my provincially issued health card.

I don't really see people complain about the fact they're paying for anyone else, either. The amount we pay isn't really noticeable since it comes right out of our paycheques and all.
Slavery, people rather shoot themselves in the foot then seeing black people doing good.

Exactly. We pay for it in a different way but that doesn't mean there's no end user costs. I've seen a couple people complain about paying for smokers or the obese, but they rightfully had their bs pointed out pretty quickly, as well as reminded of the immense, invaluable service it provides even with those who "work the system."

I'm positive part of it has to do with taxes being a dirty word but on the real taxes are a good thing. Just hold the feet of those accountable to the fire. This is admittedly hard to do for certain people when you add a) racism b) intentional misinformation on a national level, primarily from their most popular media outlet, and c) an ironic lack of self reflection or accountability.

Some of em will have to learn it the hard way -- just wish it was only them.

One is fucking Canadian.

At a wedding last year, there was a black Canadian Trump supporter at my table. It was only 530 PM so all I could really do was chalk him up to a fucking moron in my head :/

Zekes!

I think a lot of differences between the US and Canada can be summed up if you look at how both of our countries came to be independent. We're siblings, but we differ in values in some key areas.

With some fellas

C6vAgfwWkAYfDup.jpg:large

Sch1sm

Slavery, people rather shoot themselves in the foot then seeing black people doing good.

You're right on this one, but it still surprises me. It's beneficial for all parties, either way it's spun, including themselves. In fact, the rich save money on buying into these wicked expensive insurance plans you guys have running in the US in free health care's stead.

Too selfish a thing.

I think a lot of differences between the US and Canada can be summed up if you look at how both of our countries came to be independent. We're siblings, but we differ in values in some key areas.

No doubt, you're right. Hopefully if someone here knows more, like they studied health policy or whatever, they can throw in their two cents.

---

SFV at 12:30 PDT/1:30 MDT/2:30 CDT/3:30 EDT/7:30 UTC/8:30 CET.

@Feenix, akira, hypernima, Lightning, Zekes 👀👀👀

akira28

there's almost no point in arguing with samn. but I tip my hat to those with the patience.

defend the narrative, prove a negative, trust the authority. why? because, that's why.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351878

Nothing to be surprised by. It's just annoying that the veiled bullshit that's obvious to everyone with a brain is passing for real discussion.

You can see peoples true nature based on how they react to race and policing. Speaking of peoples true nature, fresh off the desk of Congressman Steve King, Representing the 4th District of Iowa:
Steve King‏Verified account @SteveKingIA 3h3 hours ago
More
Steve King Retweeted
[Geert] Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies.

This is explicit "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" talk
Let more of these people take their masks off so there can be no doubt or question about who they are.

there's almost no point in arguing with samn. but I tip my hat to those with the patience.

defend the narrative, prove a negative, trust the authority. why? because, that's why.
I mean it's just so hard to see how this might be an incident that was escalated by racial biases since there haven't been any others in this country since right.

akira28

I mean it's just so hard to see how this might be an incident that was escalated by racial biases since there haven't been any others in this country since right.

you can only reference what was in the article. you can't bring outside facts into the discussion. you can't include the context of race, because the facts are the facts. The policeman was attacked and was forced to defend himself, end of. Plus that monster was huge, and charged right at him like a demon. And he went for his gun. That's what the officer said. He had scratches on his hand! That's assault right there.

You can see peoples true nature based on how they react to race and policing. Speaking of peoples true nature, fresh off the desk of Congressman Steve King, Representing the 4th District of Iowa:

This is explicit "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" talk
Let more of these people take their masks off so there can be no doubt or question about who they are.

That's common in Iowa. I have a lot of extended adoptive family members in Iowa. Outside of like two or three, they're all bad and I'm pretty sure resent that I know or acknowledge that I'm a Latino. I'm not talking to them anymore. I'd like to meet some left-wing Iowans, but I never have. I feel like even the black folks I know there are nuBlack, but I could be wrong. Iowa feels like one giant theme park called Get Out Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom