• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351878

Nothing to be surprised by. It's just annoying that the veiled bullshit that's obvious to everyone with a brain is passing for real discussion.
Folks rather construct 8 dimensional universes then give a black person the benefit of doubt

Short version: Gave it a 7/10 (which isn't bad in the slightest), cited stamina and breakable weapons as the main complaints.
Streets going to be hot
Back niggas

I actually did a shit ton of hours and had time to study.
Welcome back

Dai101

Banned
For our company.

4MMbV.gif

It's so hard going without playing anything for so long. I'm starting to question why I'm still on this site when I don't play games anymore.

Por que somos familia?

Izuna

Banned
Thanks guys.

I didn't want to throw away my shot.

--

I loaded up USF4 on PS4 for fun, and for absorbed. Currently on a huge Ranked win streak. Forgot how good this game can feel.

LionPride

Banned
I really like this rating system that Black Men Can't Jump (In HollyWood) has.

Not if you like the movie, but they rate it based on "The Cause"
Black Fist - Movie helped black people in Hollywood

White Palm - Did not help black people in Hollywood

Nothing - Did nothing for black people

For our company.

Cause you are family

Por que somos familia?
Thank you. That makes me feel warm.

I haven't finished a game in 16 months
There's more than just games on GAF atleast
You got us girl *wink*
I thought you've been playing SF with Schism though.

To be fair, not a whole lot of people play games on this site in general.
What makes you say that? I see LTTP and RTTP, personal reviews and opinions on current playthroughs all the time on here way more than those threads with people saying they've gone tired of gaming.

Come for gaming side, stay for OT

So accurate

Nobody likes gaming side anyway tbh, they nasty.

got cockroaches and shit

willing to bet literally for the latter in some cases
What's with y'alls aversion with Gaming side?

I feel like maybe this is a sign for me to leave. It will be one less distraction for me. At least until I can get up on my feet and can afford to buy and play games again.

What's with y'alls aversion with Gaming side?

Main reason for me is it's kinda ass and just something I grew out of. I feel like it skews younger and a lot of good conversation is drowned out by dummies, people who can't see the forest for the trees, those that don't realize there's more to life than vidya games, and drek comparable to GameFAQS or a mid-level Reddit board (not a compliment).

That's not to say that the dev presence and some of the communities on the gaming side aren't great, and there are some legitimately entertaining threads there. It's just a lot of noise to sift through and someone generally comes through showing their ass with a decent amount of supporters behind em. Lord knows that place would be unusable without the mods, and bless 'em for doing it.

Also, GG and that FKA tweet. Ripped that "gamer" label off real quick. Rather just play games now and then. There's more to see than breathing the stuff like the people getting upset over reviews or which console/game sold more, in addition to enjoying em once in a while.

Other than a few open world games and the occasional excursion into overwatch my gaming devices are essentially just media boxes.

And yeah, gaming side just got some issues when you bring up that, well, maybe white men shouldn't be the only group that gets marketed and designed for.

Community (for gaming AND ot) is where actual discussions happen nowadays. The misconception that "community is a graveyard" is more of a blessing than a curse since it keeps riff-raff out.

Main reason for me is it's kinda ass and just something I grew out of. I feel like it skews younger and a lot of good conversation is drowned out by dummies, people who can't see the forest for the trees, those that don't realize there's more to life than vidya games, and drek comparable to GameFAQS or a mid-level Reddit board (not a compliment).

That's not to say that the dev presence and some of the communities on the gaming side aren't great, and there are some legitimately entertaining threads there. It's just a lot of noise to sift through and someone generally comes through showing their ass with a decent amount of supporters behind em. Lord knows that place would be unusable without the mods, and bless 'em for doing it.

Also, GG and that FKA tweet. Ripped that "gamer" label off real quick.
Also this. A lot of it is just arguing for the sake of arguing. So much of it is about random minute bullshit that ain't never mattered.

I don't get it. Y'all see that stuff here?

Also, GG and that FKA tweet. Ripped that "gamer" label off real quick. Rather just play games now and then. There's more to see than breathing the stuff like the people getting upset over reviews or which console/game sold more, in addition to enjoying em once in a while.

From a bunch threads on here it sounds like there's more 30 and 40 year olds here. Where do y'all be seeing all this stuff? I do see bad shit in both off topic and gaming, but neither has ever stuck out more than the other. Like what's wrong this thread for instance or this one?

Folks really DDoS attacked Jim Sterling's website after that Zelda review lol?

2LRsqyn.gif
Honestly this is probably exactly what he wanted. He gave it a 7 because he can still say "I gave it a good score" but it's still bad enough from even an 8/10 to get a shitload of attention and push back from it.

Then again all these video game personalities are after ratings and views so it's not a bad thing.

Yeah gaming side is starting to smell. Bad. Not really many interesting things to talk about, also if there was something to talk about, it gets ruined by some hateful asshole and their compatriots. I'm glad things are quiet in the community side because then there would be no place to turn.

----------

Once again, I make the promise to once again pick up a pencil and draw. And to one day tackle 3D animation with Blender. If I get a better computer in the future anyways. I ain't using my old reliable because it is wearing in its years. Like it's slow when I'm playing Team Fortress 2, a game released in 2007!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom