• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
These trumpians(and Trump) don't realize just how bad he fucked up with these wiretap comments. Even old-scho0l GOP members are trying to get him to slow his roll and fix this shit.

shingi70

Banned
Any good comics dealing with superheroes and race. Something like Black Lightning or Luke Cage stopping a crime and they're somehow the one being blamed for the crime.

Shy

All this time i thought JonTron was white and didn't think too deeply about the fuckery
No longer
WTF
That's what makes it even more hilarious.

He's stan'ing for people that would gladly go to war and kill his family members.

BigDes

Any good comics dealing with superheroes and race. Something like Black Lightning or Luke Cage stopping a crime and they're somehow the one being blamed for the crime.
Current Captain America book. The Sam Wilson book not Steve Rogers Agent of Hydra book

andthebeatgoeson

Thing about Zelda is you really don't have to argue about it. The game stands on it's own. I really don't care about what anybody says. Back to this guardian...

Slayven

It is amazing, other media has escaped the fucktory.
Double Toasted, The Black Guy Who Tips, and others aren't problematic like gaming personalities

Sad thing about this JonTron issue is that I'm sure none of this was new. I'm sure all these neckbeards out here were ignoring it until someone got into their shit and now they're all appalled.

These trumpians(and Trump) don't realize just how bad he fucked up with these wiretap comments. Even old-scho0l GOP members are trying to get him to slow his roll and fix this shit.
For maybe a week or 2 til they act like they don't know about it. Like the pussy grab thing and they had to remind people they all had mother's and wives and Linsey Graham

Sad thing about this JonTron issue is that I'm sure none of this was new. I'm sure all these neckbeards out here were ignoring it until someone got into their shit and now they're all appalled.

I already gave him plenty of sideeye during Game Grumps, but tried to separate the art from the artist. Once he split from Grumps, I largely ignored him after that so I didn't know what he was doing or if he was into some shit. Then he went on Breitbart and went off on Twitter about the women's marches, and that was that.

Sucks because some of his videos are pretty funny and now I'm conflicted like I am whenever I listen to With You by Chris Brown.

Its your time or money or attention that you choose to spend with or on these people. Your life would be perfectly fulfilled if you didn't give any of it to them anymore and if enough of you did it then they would learn from it.

Brehs, I have to admit, I couldnt stand Joy Reid and Angela Rye during the primaries when they were de facto Clinton surrogates, but now that that mess is behind us, lawd jesus those sistas are thorough as fuck. Joy Anne especially could be an all star DA if she wanted to, that woman is sharp as a tack.

akira28

for some reason that duo being named reminded me of Diamond and Silk. Was wondering if they had suddenly disappeared after Trump was elected.

Imma shout out all the accountants in the world. I do NOT envy your job

I'm doing the year end accounting for our business now and MAN.... It took me hours just to do one month... smh.

Nudull

Banned
Jontron probably thinks of himself as a non-Middle Eastern white guy and "doesn't see color".

s2fJ3kt.jpg

Considering Breath of the Wild is basically Grand Theft Nintendo V, for the love of god give us a fucking Metroid game in that style already

FPS, TPS, toggle, I'd even take a freaking Other M-style on-rails FPS mode combined with TPS and 2.5D elements

It's like the perfect way to unite the design philosophies of Prime and the 2D entries, and while most of the vistas Samus explores have been uninviting and crowded for atmospheric reasons (but also absolutely due to technical limitations), having an "open-air" non-linear Metroid (Corruption tried something similar, albeit really linear and easy) gives you a ton of places you can go. You can even still have more claustrophobic interior section "dungeons" like BotW does! Maybe slightly tip the scales in favor of gunplay / combat loop versus sandbox encounters with the physics and whatnot, but I'm picturing an almost Combat Evolved-style feedback loop where there aren't really any concrete "factions", just pockets of enemy encampments with big space structures dotting the landscape, but with Metroid's ultra-violent wildlife - like, you could find Space Pirates trying to fend off hostile / territorial superbeasts, stuff like that.

Not only that, but imagine a BotW setup with verticality - like, holy shit. Link has to succumb to gravity for fairly obvious reasons, but, like, just imagine if you could use your Gunship, or, say, use the Space Jump to ascend to the tops of the ubisoft towers more easily. Also: air units in a Breath of the Wild-style sandbox. Samus has to watch her step in certain areas because enemies will just pummel her with dropships / gunships, or you could even use the ubisoft towers as a way to make areas harder. Downloading the map for an area gives you details on items and powerups, but also unclogs the ports so Mother Brain takes the area back over and hijacks security / defense systems, automatons, I dunno, space magic or some shit.

You could even have "arc villains" in the form of other bounty hunters! While Prime Hunters' gameplay loop was pretty, uh... shallow due to the hardware, and Corruption mainly just used other bounty hunters to give powerups a personality to match, it'd be amazing if you were having to explore the planet for an "ultimate weapon" or other macguffin MPH-style which is drawing the attention of other bounty hunters, meaning you can either keep your distance or try and combat them directly. Basically, Dark Link (I have no idea if he's in BotW) but fleshed-out a little bit, so while you can go wherever you want, going to the South Ice Mines might be a bad idea early on because a bounty hunter is fed up with Samus' shit and will just use their gunship to air strike you if you get close.

goddamn it nintendo just kill metroid or don't already

Considering Breath of the Wild is basically Grand Theft Nintendo V, for the love of god give us a fucking Metroid game in that style already

FPS, TPS, toggle, I'd even take a freaking Other M-style on-rails FPS mode combined with TPS and 2.5D elements

It's like the perfect way to unite the design philosophies of Prime and the 2D entries, and while most of the vistas Samus explores have been uninviting and crowded for atmospheric reasons (but also absolutely due to technical limitations), having an "open-air" non-linear Metroid (Corruption tried something similar, albeit really linear and easy) gives you a ton of places you can go. You can even still have more claustrophobic interior section "dungeons" like BotW does! Maybe slightly tip the scales in favor of gunplay / combat loop versus sandbox encounters with the physics and whatnot, but I'm picturing an almost Combat Evolved-style feedback loop where there aren't really any concrete "factions", just pockets of enemy encampments with big space structures dotting the landscape, but with Metroid's ultra-violent wildlife - like, you could find Space Pirates trying to fend off hostile / territorial superbeasts, stuff like that.

Not only that, but imagine a BotW setup with verticality - like, holy shit. Link has to succumb to gravity for fairly obvious reasons, but, like, just imagine if you could use your Gunship, or, say, use the Space Jump to ascend to the tops of the ubisoft towers more easily. Also: air units in a Breath of the Wild-style sandbox. Samus has to watch her step in certain areas because enemies will just pummel her with dropships / gunships, or you could even use the ubisoft towers as a way to make areas harder. Downloading the map for an area gives you details on items and powerups, but also unclogs the ports so Mother Brain takes the area back over and hijacks security / defense systems, automatons, I dunno, space magic or some shit.

You could even have "arc villains" in the form of other bounty hunters! While Prime Hunters' gameplay loop was pretty, uh... shallow due to the hardware, and Corruption mainly just used other bounty hunters to give powerups a personality to match, it'd be amazing if you were having to explore the planet for an "ultimate weapon" or other macguffin MPH-style which is drawing the attention of other bounty hunters, meaning you can either keep your distance or try and combat them directly. Basically, Dark Link (I have no idea if he's in BotW) but fleshed-out a little bit, so while you can go wherever you want, going to the South Ice Mines might be a bad idea early on because a bounty hunter is fed up with Samus' shit and will just use their gunship to air strike you if you get close.

Give it some time. Nintendo is in a spot where they need IPs that will get Hardcores invested into a console. There is barely any 3rd party support and Mario and Zelda can only do so much once every 3-7 Years.

Metroid will come back.

Also BCT couple things.

1. If Russell Westbrook doesn't win MVP this year, Im going to be unbelievably pissed.

2. My anniversary was coming up and I have an idea for a gift I just wanted to get an opinion or two on it. I plan on publishing a book (just 1 copy) for my girl. It would be a compilation of poems Ive written for her (or inspired by her) over our two year relationship. Topped off with Various pictures of us + Little moments where I write a short narrative of a few memorable interactions between us from my POV.

Is that cheesy and predictable or is it a good move? Long story short, Im so in love with this woman it's crazy. I just want do something nice for her.

RedSwirl

Happens when said other media does not reward/celebrate you for being a manchild

I said it earlier: There is something about console video games that from the very beginning limited their availability to the sphere of the western (and Japanese) middle class. Other demographics didn't really get that much of a chance to "own" video games the way they came to "own" music or literature or cinema. Could just be a tech thing in general.

I didn't know you made that thread. I wouldn't have ignored it if I knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom