• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll be getting it day one from what I hear from people with EA Access when they get their early 10 hours of play. And I can't wait to see what custom hairstyles they have for my black protag--so expect pics.

So long as I can make a somewhat mestizo character I'll be aight.

I'll buy into EA Access in a couple months to play it, at best.

Don't think I'm going to do day one either, still going in with low expectations regardless.

Malyse

So long as I can make a somewhat mestizo character I'll be aight.

Don't think I'm going to do day one either, still going in with low expectations regardless.

Don't get me wrong. I love Mass Effect. I just don't have a PS4 and this isn't enough to buy one yet. I'll get it and Dragon Age and FF15 and plenty of other games all together, preferably with the DLC bundled.

Izuna

Banned
I sleep for six damn hours and JonTron goes full bore off the crazy wagon.

How you gonna destroy yourself and your image in six hours.

In the stream, he didn't want to answer a question because he didn't want to be caught in racist gatcha

"Why do young black males commit more crime?"

He disregarded single parenting, poverty, systematic and long term discrimination (even said it out right doesn't exist in America), and when asked what does cause it then... He refused to say.

The gene pool stuff, that slow immigration would keep the country white, was the craziest.

FML

In the stream, he didn't want to answer a question because he didn't want to be caught in racist gatcha

"Why do young black males commit more crime?"

He disregarded single parenting, poverty, systematic and long term discrimination (even said it out right doesn't exist in America), and when asked what does cause it then... He refused to say.

The gene pool stuff, that slow immigration would keep the country white, was the craziest.

FML
At this point I think he's doing everything he can to get that alt right money.

Otherwise dude is DUMB cause that Disney and Amazon money ain't coming back if he loses it.

Racists can only hold that shit in for so long before a damn darkies or two gotta slip out.

At work.... Old man comes in...

*Starts chatting me up*

Old Man : "Im looking for rubber stamps... preferably made in the US"

Me : "No prob, lemme see what I can do"

Old Man: "You know, Trumps got issues but I did think about what he said for a while and we do need to bring business back to the US"

Me : *rolls eyes internally* "Oh yeah, I agree somewhat but we gotta let Trump also know this with his Chinese steel buildings....."

Old Man: "Yeah well... he's got his name on a lot of business and buildings" (WTF?? how is this a response to what I just said)

*Old Man continues to ramble on......*

Old Man: "And you know... people don't seem to realize there were white slaves too"

Me : (Bruh WTF, internally) "...................Im pretty sure "white slaves" weren't beaten, maimed and destroyed to any extent of what you're comparing to......"

Old Man: "Well some white slaves were hurt also, not to the full extent but I digress..." *continues rambling*

Me : -_______________________________- (stalest of faces)

*Old Man continues rambling*

Old Man: *And have you ever heard of Dick Gregory? He wrote a book called "Nigger...... and" *his voice fades into background*

Me: Hello, Darkness my old friend.......

This country went to the shithole fast.

Gattsu25

Banned

*Starts chatting me up*

Old Man: "You know, Trumps got issues but I did think about what he said for a while and we do need to bring business back to the US"

Me : *rolls eyes internally* "Oh yeah, I agree somewhat but we gotta let Trump also know this with his Chinese steel buildings....."

Old Man: "Yeah well... he's got his name on a lot of business and buildings" (WTF?? how is this a response to what I just said)

Old Man: "And you know... people don't seem to realize there were white slaves too"

Me : (Bruh WTF, internally) "...................Im pretty sure "white slaves" weren't beaten, maimed and destroyed to any extent of what you're comparing to......"

Old Man: "Well some white slaves were hurt also, not to the full extent but I digress..." *continues rambling*

Old Man: *And have you ever heard of Dick Gregory? He wrote a book called "Nigger...... and" *his voice fades into background*

.....my condolences.

He told me he was raped by a black man during his ramblings...

I feel ashamed because for the life of me I could not tell if he was delusionally genuine or the most skilled of trolls.

If he was a troll, this was top tier shit. I mean TOP TIER.

Izuna

Banned
Oh right, I was banned when this happened.

Start work

Manager starts talking about how I need to keep a look out when kids come

"and you know when bl-----"

I'm here for the money and to put something relevant on my CV. I'm here for the money and to put something relevant on my CV. I'm here for the money and to put something relevant on my CV. I'm here for the money and to put something relevant on my CV.

Malyse

tumblr_om4l04D1451u4vvmko1_1280.png

tumblr_om4l04D1451u4vvmko3_1280.png

tumblr_om4l04D1451u4vvmko2_1280.png

Hype.

Johndoey

Banned

*Starts chatting me up*

Best to say nothing and finish that shit quick as possible. Waste of time to respond in any way.

Kreed

*Starts chatting me up*

Personally this is where I would have shut down all conversation and just gone into "'uh huh', 'yeah', 'alright', 'ok'" mode, before you got to this part:

And at this point I would have just stopped talking, gotten him his stamps, and said "take care". That old white man knew exactly what he was doing talking to a black person behind a desk and not on the street.

Malyse

*kicks in your door*

I'm bringing the cuteness!

https://www.tumblr.com/video/poclifestyle/158351325625/700/
https://www.tumblr.com/video/poclifestyle/158351004730/700/

You're fucking welcome!

*kicks the door again*

Have this too!

https://www.tumblr.com/video/poclifestyle/158350279795/700/
https://www.tumblr.com/video/poclifestyle/158351991385/700/

*quietly fixes your door, fam.*

Omg YESSSS

I have they keep the female empowerment stuff. This is more hype than Black Panther now.

NAH, cause

tWy0afv.jpg

Beefy

Black Panther is going to be fine. Even if the movie is waste the amount of racists flipping their shit is going to be great.

JeanGrey

Good morning BCT
Shout out to my girl Cammy 😘 hope to see ya soon.
Xoxo to Guile, and yeah even hi to Alex
And welcome to all my new SFV crew 🤗
Oh and hi Old Man even though you don't play you know your welcome anytime 🙄

Get Out made over 100 milli at the box office on a 4.5 mil budget damn

Deservenly so IMO. My hubby told me let's go to the movies, I had no clue what we were gonna watch. At first I thought we were maybe gonna see Logan.

I went in knowing nothing about "Get Out". I was pleasantly surprised with this film.The interpretation of a black man in a white world as only a black man can portrait. Jordan Peele did a fantastic job writing and directing this film. Kudos to the cast especially Daniel Kaluuya amazing performance.

Well I said my two cents 😊 so as always lots of love to BCT family. Remember be happy and as always STAY safe.✌

Good morning BCT

Well I said my two cents 😊 so as always lots of love to BCT family. Remember be happy and as always STAY safe.✌

Always a bridesmaid 😔

Malyse

Good morning BCT

Deservenly so IMO. My hubby told me let's go to the movies, I had no clue what we were gonna watch. At first I thought we were maybe gonna see Logan.

I went in knowing nothing about "Get Out". I was pleasantly surprised with this film.The interpretation of a black man in a white world as only a black man can portrait. Jordan Peele did a fantastic job writing and directing this film. Kudos to the cast especially Daniel Kaluuya amazing performance.

Howdy, stranger.

----

So I finally looked up VOEZ since people have been talking it the fuck up and now it's going to be the first game I get for Switch cause holy shit.

Slayven

At this point I think he's doing everything he can to get that alt right money.

Otherwise dude is DUMB cause that Disney and Amazon money ain't coming back if he loses it.

Racists can only hold that shit in for so long before a damn darkies or two gotta slip out.
That well can't be that deep, especially when all the old racist folks aren't on youtube

*Starts chatting me up*

That is why i hate small talk
That's why I don't start conversations with people
hqdefault.jpg

Good morning BCT

I only play skill based games

Beefy

To recap (and I'm sure this is not all of what JonTron said), JonTron said, in what he thought was perfectly fine for a debate:

- Foreigners dilute the gene pool
- Black crime in America is the same as in Africa (like, he fuckin' brought this up TWICE)
- Racial issues can be summed up via mixing different colors of paint
- Statistical data means nothing because Clinton lost the election
- Destiny wants to kill black people
- Black Lives Matter is a violent organization
- the richest black man commits more crimes than the poorest white man
- Tribalism is a valid theory
- Immigrants are destroying every single country they are let into
- America is gonna become Mexico
- Racism is over
- Muslims are organizing to make it seem like Christians are protesting abortion clinics

And Destiny didn't even fucking ask the most obvious fuckin' question: "If you're so concerned about immigrants, why do you keep bringing up blacks?"

Racist piece of shit.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Boy did a stream on twitch overnight and went full bore off the "but the blacks" wagon.

The irony is last night twitch sent out a 30-minute survey asking what people thought of the service. It really focused on the perception of the site. Specifically asking questions about overall tone, diversity, hate speech, etc. One question asked if I felt twitch cared about diversity and if I felt like the chat was a welcoming experience. Judging by the questions, it seems they are trying to branch out into more non-gaming content and pull some of the live streaming "shows" from YouTube. They asked would I be interested in a daily news show on the site. They also asked if there was a difference between a gamer and someone who plays games. Follow up was would I want to be considered a gamer.

It was a long ass survey which hit on alot of issues twitch has. Maybe trying to make some changes before a mainstream push.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't know what series of choices and decisions you made throughout your lifetime that led to the moment where you actually thought Powerless looked enjoyable.

Malyse

Powerless is like a 90s SNL sketch stretched to 30 minutes.

It's attached to DCEU right? Pass.

-----

So this $35/hr contract that I'm putting in for sounds dope as fuck. It's a social media manager position for a three months. I mean, I gotta do something while I wait for google to holla back and freelancing is hard.
The irony is last night twitch sent out a 30-minute survey asking what people thought of the service. It really focused on the perception of the site. Specifically asking questions about overall tone, diversity, hate speech, etc. One question asked if I felt twitch cared about diversity and if I felt like the chat was a welcoming experience. Judging by the questions, it seems they are trying to branch out into more non-gaming content and pull some of the live streaming "shows" from YouTube. They asked would I be interested in a daily news show on the site. They also asked if there was a difference between a gamer and someone who plays games. Follow up was would I want to be considered a gamer.

It was a long ass survey which hit on alot of issues twitch has. Maybe trying to make some changes before a mainstream push.

I sure as fuck don't want to be considered a gamer. Prolly the most toxic fandom of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom