• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Saw that post and did a giggle

giphy.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Notice how actual Trump voters never the ones coming out the woodwork with this "let's all hold hands/not all Trump stans" shit.
Funny. That.
lol I prefer the proto-dialogue of

"idk why they'd be mad, we give them room/board, food, and a purpose"

We should be grateful and docile when it comes to conservative bigoted bullshit.

Slayven

I want someone to do the average age of a SAGA, GLobe, and Oscars winners based on race and gender.

I am curious because i only hear black people winning shit when they are in their 40s. But they been in teh game for years.

I want someone to do the average age of a SAGA, GLobe, and Oscars winners based on race and gender.

I am curious because i only hear black people winning shit when they are in their 40s. But they been in teh game for years.
Last young black actor or actress that I can remember winning g anything was Sidibe.

Sch1sm

Mhmm. These mugs on here are getting more bold everyday. And outside of GAF as well.

Oh, not GAF. I don't mind these cats. A lot of them are loud here because they're afraid to be in reality. This is more to do with the mosque shooting in Quebec - there's a thread about it in OT. Stuff's creeping closer to home, so I'm shifting from sympathy for all of you in the States to, "Who next?"

I especially worry for my mother, since she's the only one in my immediate family who opts to wear anything that pegs her as a Muslim. It's like post-Charlie Hebdo all over again here.

Slayven

Oh, not GAF. I don't mind these cats. A lot of them are loud here because they're afraid to be in reality. This is more to do with the mosque shooting in Quebec - there's a thread about it in OT. Stuff's creeping closer to home, so I'm shifting from sympathy for all of you in the States to, "Who next?"

I especially worry for my mother, since she's the only one in my immediate family who opts to wear anything that pegs her as a Muslim. It's like post-Charlie Hebdo all over again here.

Keep your head up and be safe

LionPride

Banned
Doesn't Canada kinda not like Brown people and Natives? And isn't French Canada really really really terrible people wise? Just stuff I've heard

Sch1sm

Keep your head up and be safe

Fuck. Could only imagine how stressful these past few days have been for all of y'all. Keep your head up, little sister..this shit will get corrected..

Just gotta mind my own business and hope for the best. Not dwell and all that. I'll try my best.

Doesn't Canada kinda not like Brown people and Natives? And isn't French Canada really really really terrible people wise? Just stuff I've heard

Depends where you are. Natives? Without a doubt. They care about Natives here as much as America does. They constantly go missing and no one blinks.

It depends on where you are in Canada when it comes to POC. Cities? Full acceptance. Rural areas, Prairie provinces, and the eastern provinces with the exception of Nova Scotia? More hit or miss.

In terms of French Canada, ymmv. They're more about people adopting their customs, rather than having others integrate into their society while keeping their respective identities. It's got its liberal areas, otherwise. Like environmentally, they're all pro-Earth. People wise? Montreal is about as progressive as it gets, and that may in part be because of McGill University being there.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Keep your poltics out of my game, i just want to play as a mid 30s white guy killing brown people and having women slobbering my dick
Like one guy in the Red Dead 2 thread was like "Hey, it'd be cool if you could play as a woman" and some junior ended up saying some shit just like this.

Gaming side, man. Makes you wanna laugh to hide the tears.

We need Bish now more than ever, jesus.

Y'all totally cool playing a faceless speac Marin who murders giant aliens by the truckload.

But make that marine slightly brown or give him a set of boobs and lord not in MY video games. I play games to get away from the darkies... Er... Trails of real life.

We need Bish now more than ever, jesus.

I mean, the guy is nuked..not sure what extra Bish could have done to him.

Y'all totally cool playing a faceless speac Marin who murders giant aliens by the truckload.

But make that marine slightly brown or give him a set of boobs and lord not in MY video games. I play games to get away from the darkies... Er... Trails of real life.

Shit is always funny because they end up playing the games anyway. Just need to make sure they know that YOU know that they're unhappy..lol.

BigDes

Just gotta mind my own business and hope for the best. Not dwell and all that. I'll try my best.

Depends where you are. Natives? Without a doubt. They care about Natives here as much as America does. They constantly go missing and no one blinks.

It depends on where you are in Canada when it comes to POC. Cities? Full acceptance. Rural areas, Prairie provinces, and the eastern provinces with the exception of Nova Scotia? More hit or miss.

In terms of French Canada, ymmv. They're more about people adopting their customs, rather than having others integrate into their society while keeping their respective identities. It's got its liberal areas, otherwise. Like environmentally, they're all pro-Earth. People wise? Montreal is about as progressive as it gets, and that may in part be because of McGill University being there.

Rural anywhere is probably shit when it comes to people being shitty. I tried to buy a campervan in rural Canada once cause I was staying for a few months. Guy decided that the best way to entice me to buy was tell me that I would find it hard to get a bank loan because I was white and they only cared about giving loans to the wrong people.

Zekes!

I just saw that shit. God fucking damn it.

BigDes

Finally have a PC that can run thirteen year old PS2 games.

I made it.
I dunno if you like the game or not, but, go run FFXII through PCSX2 at an insane resolution

Game looks stunningly beautiful, the textures were far too good for what the PS2 could display properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom