• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

1928126-capcorps005_cov_col.jpg

Kiyoshi Morales is idolized the legacy of Captain America and helped to be his country's standing super solider against terrorists who would dare harm the population. He is the great grandnephew of Luke Cage.

Izuna

Banned
You will enjoy it immensely. Anyone who can see it I suggest doing so.

I think Period One (up to June 2018) is all gone now, so man will have to wait until Q4 next year for West End.

~~

Ticketmaster website didn't work with my Phone, AND I was on the tube so I missed the previews.

Resellers (who are simply holding the tickets in line) were selling for £5k

I got Dress tickets, so holy shit?

If my girl ain't my girl in a year I can bring anyone.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Got my mother fucking Hamilton tickets

Will post how fucking annoying it was later since I'm out

But

Fuck

Fuck you microsoft

Fuck your phones

You are fucking garbage

Someone in the BCT complaining about having to go to Hamilton? Okay.

Johndoey

Banned
In the middle of a press conference Trump managed to go on a bizzarre tangent about Chuck Schumer and fake tears.

He gets distracted so easily and slurs half of his statements, it's depressing.

In the middle of a press conference Trump managed to go on a bizzarre tangent about Chuck Schumer and fake tears.

He gets distracted so easily and slurs half of his statements, it's depressing.

That man is an embarrassment to even be called president of the United States. I wouldn't even spit in his general direction, he's that pathetic.

Izuna

Banned
Gamers are garbage. I find people who play games are a lot more tolerable

I've become this person. Most huge refranchises don't appeal to me anymore.

FF, Metal Gear, the Uncharted clones etc. I only play the niche titles every now and then.

Like, I'm not even sure if I'll try RE7.

Nier and NiOh might hold me until Summer.

Slayven

Fallout 4 Pro is so poorly optimized you need a card that isn't even out yet to run it. Hot damn

That is what I been saying. There is a difference between gamers and people that actually play games. Gamers love talking about games, then actually playing them

I'm starting to regret even calling myself a gamer with all these assholes coming out of the woodwork. I just play, discuss and read about games, but I'm not a gamer. I don't even wanna associate myself with crapsacks fucking it up for everyone else.

Slayven

I'm starting to regret even calling myself a gamer with all these assholes coming out of the woodwork. I just play, discuss and read about games, but I'm not a gamer. I don't even wanna associate myself with crapsacks fucking it up for everyone else.

Now you know how i feel about comic fans

I've become this person. Most huge refranchises don't appeal to me anymore.

FF, Metal Gear, the Uncharted clones etc. I only play the niche titles every now and then.

Like, I'm not even sure if I'll try RE7.

Nier and NiOh might hold me until Summer.

I'm in between because I'm usually too busy to spend time on a 30 hour game. I'll buy big titles whom I've followed over the years from my faved developers and it'll take me months to finish regardless, I haven't even touched Just Cause 3 yet or finished Mad Max and Fallout 4.

I'll go to sports titles (not sure why I continue to trust madden) but for the most part I play endless shit on PC with a squad like Dayz or the forest or other indie games like stardew valley. I still haven't picked up RE7 but I will be doing so come when I return home this weekend. Don't like talking about games to people because people like to pass off opinion and personal preference as fact.

Hey what indies ya'll been playing lately?

I'm playing Risk of Rain and it's pretty fun. Also, Rocket League because it's Rocket League, Stardew Valley and Skullgirls! Can't forget Skullgirls! :D

Izuna

Banned
I dropped Fallout 4 so hard. That's when I realised I shouldn't buy big games. My Xbox library has a lot of games I've never touches like Witcher 3. I just don't buy huge RPGs anymore.

A game like NiOh, I'll play for 100 something hours over the year, though.

Since October, I've done like 150 hours max and 90% of that is from Titanfall 2.

That is what I been saying. There is a difference between gamers and people that actually play games. Gamers love talking about games, then actually playing them

Ya'll have finally levelled up.

I could stack only a fraction some of my games up to be as tall as I am and I'm still not as far gone as these "gamer" types.

It's just a hobby

akira28

claim 'gamers' in 2017 brehs.

after years of gamers gate and just asking questions, they're lucky they don't become the new nerds.

My experience with "gamers" has been pretty unpleasant

1. Jesus, the lack of personal hygiene is unforgivable. You know their house is trife.

2. Just so damn social awkward, rarely have any other interests and yet despite that can be poorly informed in their main one

3. Extremely judgmental esp when it comes to games you enjoy.

4. Will correct the smallest of errors just to prove "knowledge superiority"

Its crazy how antisocial and insulated a lot of them are. I can strike up conversation with anybody but I have found that people in this hobby are the hardest to connect with on a common level.

----

All fandoms are just dumb fans. Gamers, otaku, comic geeks, all of them. Fuck your fandom.

Lol True, Ive actually been thinking about a name change actually, Might just put in for it now.

Ya'll have finally levelled up.

I could stack only a fraction some of my games up to be as tall as I am and I'm still not as far gone as these "gamer" types.

It's just a hobby

When I realized I don't need to play every game Im interested in or that every game possibly may not interest me, It made my game time ALOT more enjoyable.

I mean a lot more. Less money wasted too.

You know it's crazy, I have boxes of games but play at least like 10, 20 or 30 at most and that's just combining all the games from across my PS3, PS4, 3DS, PSP and GameCube.

My experience with "gamers" has been pretty unpleasant

1. Jesus, the lack of personal hygiene is unforgivable. You know their house is trife.

2. Just so damn social awkward, rarely have any other interests and yet despite that can be poorly informed in their main one

3. Extremely judgmental esp when it comes to games you enjoy.

4. Will correct the smallest of errors just to prove "knowledge superiority"
My biggest gripe with number one and I found that out the hard way when I when to PAX and E3 for the first time last year. Like how hard is to wash your ass everyday? I was just in a thread with a guy saying he's a slob and doesn't clean his house, how could he change it?

Like these are grown ass men asking this shit. How does it get to this point where its ok to have a stank ass? My momma wasn't having any of that nonsense growing up. Its the epitome of lazy.

When I went to EVO man the smash station smelt horrible. It's hot as fuck and mothafuckas don't wash their ass and put on some deodorant. Y'all can carry all these setups but can't carry no damn deodorant. Smh

You all ready for that national stop and frisk EO soon?

Already been signed.

Part of the immigration ban EO was reinstating the Secure Communities Act, which is what the Arizona "show me your papers" law was based on. Basically it empowers police to search and detain for an indeterminate amount of time ANYONE who they suspect of illegal immigration, all under the guise of national security so it makes it virtually impossible to sue against.

There's your national stop and frisk, brought in under national security.

Also, there's virtually no news on this because everyone is worried about the few hundred people at airports.

My biggest gripe with number one and I found that out the hard way when I when to PAX and E3 for the first time last year. Like how hard is to wash your ass everyday? I was just in a thread with a guy saying he's a slob and doesn't clean his house, how could he change it?

Like these are grown ass men asking this shit. How does it get to this point where its ok to have a stank ass? My momma wasn't having any of that nonsense growing up. Its the epitome of lazy.

These are the same issues with hackers.

I shit you not, the first day of Defcon has as part of their opening ceremony AND signs everywhere telling these ubernerds that water doesn't hurt and to wash their ass while here in public spaces.

On top of that its in Las Vegas in August, so its 110 degrees outside and these motherfuckers don't wash. You'll be begging for the typical wet dog smell you normally get from nerds.

Malyse

Ha!

I just remembered that there's a Death Note movie coming out this year with this cast:

• Nat Wolff as Light Turner
  • Margaret Qualley as Mia Sutton
  • Keith Stanfield as L
  • Paul Nakauchi as Watari
  • Shea Whigham as James Turner
  • Willem Dafoe as Ryuk (voice)
  • Masi Oka
Distributed by Netflix.

And Ghost in the Pale is two months out.

LionPride

Banned
How are so many people who are nerds, or geeks, or gamers, etc. so socially awkward? I don't get it. Just from this site alone, if someone came up to some of these people they would run away and post on gaf about it instead of having a convo. Some of these people don't have good hygene, they tell too much about they personal life. Just a buncha weird stuff

These are the same issues with hackers.

I shit you not, the first day of Defcon has as part of their opening ceremony AND signs everywhere telling these ubernerds that water doesn't hurt and to wash their ass while here in public spaces.

On top of that its in Las Vegas in August, so its 110 degrees outside and these motherfuckers don't wash. You'll be begging for the typical wet dog smell you normally get from nerds.

giphy.gif

Thats when that musky smell starts, like its just stagnant in the air and wont move, trifling

Zekes!

How are so many people who are nerds, or geeks, or gamers, etc. so socially awkward? I don't get it. Just from this site alone, if someone came up to some of these people they would run away and post on gaf about it instead of having a convo. Some of these people don't have good hygene, they tell too much about they personal life. Just a buncha weird stuff

It's the lack of social skills development. If you spend your childhood alone completely engaged in whatever nerdy hobby you have, then you're not going to develop healthy social skills. Lots of 'geek' related hobbies have a major appeal to people who are severely introverted / have social anxiety / or are social outcasts, and it just exacerbates it (in extreme scenarios)

Just put on a nice outfit and put on some smell good from the flea market and I feel like a million bucks. These nerds better realize that the first step to getting respect from the ladies is to respect your own self, and personal hygiene goes a long long way.

Also, any of ya'll ever go to the flea market and see that one stand selling custom made fragrances, Cologne and stuff like that? Because I'm staring at two bottles of custom made smell good and the names are something. One is called "Polo Blue" and the other is called, get this, "Gucci II". And that just makes me wonder "where the hell is the first one, the third one, the fourth one and the fifth one but that is apparently called Gucci: the prequel?"

Man some of these GAF how do I do a thing thread are profoundly sad. Like how did you live to adulthood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom