• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
So everyone, I finally want to get into the dating thing and be in a relationship, but I don't where to start. I know go to a club and mingle but I'm like a mess when I talk, I stutter my words, I mince them a bit, I'm just a mess when conversing with people. Can ya'll help me and give me any tips that ya'll know too?
I wanna give advice, but it's hard because even though I used to be a introvert, I've always liked talking to people about shit I liked. I still stutter and talk too fast, but when I'm with someone who I want to find me interesting, I'll be a bit slower, my voice is deeper, I just find things to talk about. Plus I'm a good listener so that's a plus.

cdyhybrid

So everyone, I finally want to get into the dating thing and be in a relationship, but I don't where to start. I know go to a club and mingle but I'm like a mess when I talk, I stutter my words, I mince them a bit, I'm just a mess when conversing with people. Can ya'll help me and give me any tips that ya'll know too?
It's like anything else, you'll get better with practice. Just gotta put yourself in situations where you'll meet and talk with people. Doesn't even have to be a dating situation.

You need black friends.

As in, you need to be around black dudes that actually are successful with women without being sexist trash, and learn, and have them put you on.

I know several people that went the internet dating route because of similar issues. They were able to have conversations in a manner they were more comfortable with. A few got married and others didn't work out, but it is an option
Second this but I never personally got the internet thing. I know it can work for others so I won't really knock it.

I get wanting to be with someone but you have to 100 work on yourself before committing to an actual relationship and person. So there's wanting to be in a relationship which is nice to think about and then there's actually being in one. The latter is work you have to be willing to put in.

Maybe the online thing is the way to go for you. Establish a profile, read others have time to think of good conversation topics and just casually date around if that's your thing.

I wanna give advice, but it's hard because even though I used to be a introvert, I've always liked talking to people about shit I liked. I still stutter and talk too fast, but when I'm with someone who I want to find me interesting, I'll be a bit slower, my voice is deeper, I just find things to talk about. Plus I'm a good listener so that's a plus.

Okay. Slow down when I talk, okay.

It's like anything else, you'll get better with practice. Just gotta put yourself in situations where you'll meet and talk with people. Doesn't even have to be a dating situation.

Yeah. I'm improving a bit but still mince my words sometimes. I'm getting there though.

You need black friends.

As in, you need to be around black dudes that actually are successful with women without being sexist trash, and learn, and have them put you on.

Right. Got it, thanks.

Nudull

Banned
Come get it..

sYi1tQq.png

I get verbal problems like that, your brain processes what you want to say but you can't get the words right.

It takes practice. That's how you develop socially. Real life 1:1 human interaction. Online helps, but you need a verbal face to face to really improve.

You don't even need to pursue that person as a partner or whatever, just making conversation is a good start.

This is the most important.

The biggest success you will ever see with women is when you see them as people and not conquests or potential dating partners. When they can be around you and feel no sexual pressure, they will be more attracted to you off rip.

Do black singles events, game nights, etc. Anything that puts you around a bunch of single and available women and go in with the mindset that you're here to make friends and that's it. All that anxiety will melt away.

This is the most important.

The biggest success you will ever see with women is when you see them as people and not conquests or potential dating partners. When they can be around you and feel no sexual pressure, they will be more attracted to you off rip.

Do black singles events, game nights, etc. Anything that puts you around a bunch of single and available women and go in with the mindset that you're here to make friends and that's it. All that anxiety will melt away.

You don't need to worry about that. My grandmother and mom didn't raise no disrespectful person. Also I do need to find some events around my area. But considering my home town is kinda small, I'm not sure.

I ain't lying

Back when I was a waiter

no Brother ordered anything other than well-done steak

even the rich Brothers would order a well-done Wagyu steak and I'd give them as much side eye I could

Argue with my boy about this all the time.
The fuck is up with getting your steak well done?!

Lol we went to fancy steak house and they refused to make it well done for him

Medium-rare or medium for me thanks!

LionPride

Banned
Argue with my boy about this all the time.
The fuck is up with getting your steak well done?!

Lol we went to fancy steak house and they refused to make it well done for him

Medium-rare or medium for me thanks!

I get medium just because it's the only way to appease my mother

I know several people that went the internet dating route because of similar issues. They were able to have conversations in a manner they were more comfortable with. A few got married and others didn't work out, but it is an option

Yeah, I'll second this. Online dating can be a game-changer for people who have anxiety or general issues talking to people. Speaking from personal experience, it helps take the pressure off and can make you more comfortable with romantic interactions in general.

I had my check in with my manager. Looks like I'm exceeding expectation and should be going up for promotion this year. I also made sure to ask about a recommendation for business school.

If I get a nice bonus I'll buy some of you guys some henny.

You'll be in that condo in no time

Kreed

Why the fuck do black people like their meat well done? I'll never get it. The one area white people have a leg up is that they know not to eat meat well done

1) Being used to eating well done meat from family/upbringing/tradition and not being exposed to other ways of eating meat.

2) "Soul food" cooking/family cook outs.

3) The meat available in "black areas" requiring it to be well done/not being fresh enough to eat under cook (leading to "soul food" cooking).

1) Being used to eating well done meat from family/upbringing/tradition and not being exposed to other ways of eating meat.

3) The meat available in "black areas" requiring it to be well done/not being fresh enough to eat under cook (leading to "soul food" cooking).

These are pretty much the reasons black people cook everything well done.

Having to buy clearance/bodega ground beef and meat your whole life definitely leads to folks wanting to cook the fuck out of anything.

BCT got that rich blood, homie..

RedSwirl

How do you "used to be an introvert?"

An extrovert as I understand is someone who needs to be around people in order to gain and maintain energy and generally just operate optimally. An introvert as I understand it is someone who needs to be alone to do those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom