• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Been catching up on a lot of the hip-hop albums I've missed in the last few years, as well as going back to some classics I ashamedly haven't listened to, all while playing the PS4 version of Diablo 3

Been catching up on a lot of the hip-hop albums I've missed in the last few years, as well as going back to some classics I ashamedly haven't listened to, all while playing the PS4 version of Diablo 3

i need Borderlands 3 in my life to scratch that itch. Shadow Warrior 2 was a good appetizer, but i want the looter shooter main course.

Slayven

Been relistening to "The Heist" by Macklemoore, gets deeper with every listen. To Pimp a Butterfly was dull half way through

Zekes!

i need Borderlands 3 in my life to scratch that itch. Shadow Warrior 2 was a good appetizer, but i want the looter shooter main course.

I'm hoping we get to see something of Borderlands 3 this year. I'm waiting for that console version of Shadow Warrior 2; from what I saw it looked pretty satisfying.

Been enjoying my return to Diablo 3 though...can see myself putting way more time into the PS4 version than I ever did the PC/Mac one. I've designated it as my time to chill and listen to at least one record I haven't listened to before. Right now I got on Bas' Last Winter.

Been relistening to "The Heist" by Macklemoore, gets deeper with every listen. To Pimp a Butterfly was dull half way through

Even as sarcasm you should be slapped for this fam

That aside the man was the greatest all around talent the WWE had to offer.

The Rock and Stone Cold had great mic skills but no one put on a better show.

He really was. You can hate the man outside of the ring, but denying that man's in ring skill is crazy.

Wrestlemania 25 HBK v. Undertaker is probably one of the greatest matches of all time.

This should be surprising, but then I realized your waifus are probably Mackelmore fans so....

Kurt Angle
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Jericho
I like HBK, but he ain't nowhere near my fave.

Those three had charisma and were head and shoulders better wrestlers than Shawn

Also, Arn Anderson > Ric Flair

Neither of those 3 could carry and organization like Shawn did. Also I'd weigh any of their greatest match against any of Shawn's.

I'm only talking about what I remember about Shawn before he got knocked out by Mike Tyson and took a break. From my understanding he had better matches when he came back.

Slayven

Remember when The Rock and Chris Jericho was feuding? Shit was hilarious. Rarely do you have 2 equally talented people on the mic going at each other

That's because..

1NDKLdv.png

LionPride

Banned
Arm Anderson wasn't flashy but he put in the work.
He could work the crowd, work the mic, work a match. Dude had it all, but Ric was the one people loved

Rip Eddie. But damn man my faves are almost the same cept add RVD and D'Lo Brown.
That's just my WWE favs too, if we extend to indies and whatnot...shit man
Neither of those 3 could carry and organization like Shawn did. Also I'd weigh any of their greatest match against any of Shawn's.

I'm only talking about what I remember about Shawn before he got knocked out by Mike Tyson and took a break. From my understanding he had better matches when he came back.
No, Kurt and Jericho definitely could. Kurt could wrestle a goddamn blow up doll and make a good match. Omega did it, why not Kurt
Remember when The Rock and Chris Jericho was feuding? Shit was hilarious. Rarely do you have 2 equally talented people on the mic going at each other
Only for Chris to be buried under a bridge

I don't know how the wwe got away with some of the stuff they did back on the day
They did the Mexicools in 2006, they rode on lawnmowers. Muhammad Hassan was a heel just because he was brown and said "Don't hate me because I'm brown, oh wait outta nowhere Imma terroritst" Vince said nigga. Then there is the shit like Kamala and Yokozuna, and the blackface DX shit, and just so much bullshit

LionPride

Banned
I still remember the discussions we had about the ramifications of taking a Diamond Cutter in school.

If you take a wrestling move your life is over. And I ain't talking super kick, I mean if someone gives you an RKO or Codebreaker, or Stunner, or an FU, or Angle Slam, shit like that. Like, if I got hit with a vertabreaker I'm quitting life if I ain't dead

If you take a wrestling move your life is over. And I ain't talking super kick, I mean if someone gives you an RKO or Codebreaker, or Stunner, or an FU, or Angle Slam, shit like that. Like, if I got hit with a vertabreaker I'm quitting life if I ain't dead
You gotta make sure you can actually do it though. Someone tried giving me a Stunner in school, but he was short so he just hung off my neck after the kick. He looked dumb as hell.

Slayven

Tiger mask. Now affiliated directly with NJPW and getting the worst animated series ever. Shit legit looks like it's drawn by a five year old sometimes.
Can't be that bad
Ancient BCT rules say if you take a wrestling move in a real fight or get slapped with a bag of milk you are done. You have to leave the country and start over

FyreWulff

I still can't believe DDP was "too old" to be a wrestler when he started. He was in his 40s at WCW's height.

Always thought he was mid-20s as a kid

LionPride

Banned
You gotta make sure you can actually do it though. Someone tried giving me a Stunner in school, but he was short so he just hung off my neck after the kick. He looked dumb as hell.

Can't be that bad

Ancient BCT rules say if you take a wrestling move in a real fight or get slapped with a bag of milk you are done. You have to leave the country and start over

Like imagine if someone did an imploding 450 splash or some wild shit. If someone got hit with the Deep Six or the Wasteland or any of these fucking dumb moves

I'll give a nigga a muscle buster tho

Also if you get Speared/Gored in real life, you better hope it's a bitch ass Roman Reigns or Christian/Edge spear and not like Rhyno or Goldberg

I seen a dude take an RKO in a fight and it was probably the greatest shit ever. It was outta nowhere too which made it crazy.

I was outside of a bar smoking a cigarette in the alley next to it, and a dude and a chick came outside and the woman was yelling at the dude to leave her alone and was calling him a creep. Dude was clearly drunk and I stepped out of the alley to tell the dude to fuck off. He told me to fuck myself and turned back to face the woman, and right when I took one step a black dude came running past me and gave him an RKO right there on the concrete and knocked him out cold, then ran off into the night.

Greatest shit ever.

Love Chicago.

I still can't believe DDP was "too old" to be a wrestler when he started. He was in his 40s at WCW's height.

Always thought he was mid-20s as a kid

Started at 33.

Like imagine if someone did an imploding 450 splash or some wild shit. If someone got hit with the Deep Six or the Wasteland or any of these fucking dumb moves

Also if you get Speared/Gored in real life, you better hope it's a bitch ass Roman Reigns or Christian/Edge spear and not like Rhyno or Goldberg

Someone gets hit with a Dirty Deeds or Miz's finisher and its a wrap on your face and head.

Yo if I see a nigga hit someone with a 450 off a car during a street fight, I'm leaving the planet.

cdyhybrid

I seen a dude take an RKO in a fight and it was probably the greatest shit ever. It was outta nowhere too which made it crazy.

I was outside of a bar smoking a cigarette in the alley next to it, and a dude and a chick came outside and the woman was yelling at the dude to leave her alone and was calling him a creep. Dude was clearly drunk and I stepped out of the alley to tell the dude to fuck off. He told me to fuck myself and turned back to face the woman, and right when I took one step a black dude came running past me and gave him an RKO right there on the concrete and knocked him out cold, then ran off into the night.

Greatest shit ever.

Love Chicago.

Started at 33.

lmao

LionPride

Banned
Yo if I see a nigga hit someone with a 450 off a car during a street fight, I'm leaving the planet.

Let a nigga do a double moonsault off a car. Let. Them.

I'll just pull up a list of dumbass finishers and imagine if folks got hit with them

Seeing someone catch an F-5 in real life tho...GLORIOUS

I'll just pull up a list of dumbass finishers and imagine if folks got hit with them

There was a video of some kid during a high school wrestling tourney giving another kid an AA and everyone left the planet.

Mizerman

I give the cutter the edge because of the versatility. That power bomb into a diamond cutter was ridiculous. If nothing else DDP could pull that out of anywhere

Yeah, the many ways of performing the Diamond Cutter prevented it from being stale.

Hell, taking a chokeslam meant you were going to hold an L.

What if you see someone in a torture rack in the middle of the street. Just one arm loose flapping in the air like someone's gonna save them when they tap out. What about the nigga hopping around with dude on his back. Like, why'd you pick that to do?

Get hit with a 3D by two people, you might as well just get cosmetic surgery to hide ya face. That shit will follow you even on a job interview.

"I see here that a couple years ago you were on the receiving end of a 3D. I don't wanna hire you, I just wanted to meet the holder of such a legendary L."
That's how you know you don't fuck with someone if they're doing flippy shit like it's nothing.

LionPride

Banned
There was a video of some kid during a high school wrestling tourney giving another kid an AA and everyone left the planet.
Oh my Jesus
Yeah, the many ways of performing the Diamond Cutter prevented it from being stale.

Hell, taking a chokeslam meant you were going to hold an L.
If someone could lift you for a chokeslam...you lost

Get hit with a 3D by two people, you might as well just get cosmetic surgery to hide ya face. That shit will follow you even on a job interview.

"I see here that a couple years ago you were on the receiving end of a 3D. I don't wanna hire you, I just wanted to meet the holder of such a legendary L."

That's how you know you don't fuck with someone if they're doing flippy shit like it's nothing.

If someone got hit with a 3D...god damn it man you lost and need to leave

What if you see someone in a torture rack in the middle of the street. Just one arm loose flapping in the air like someone's gonna save them when they tap out. What about the nigga hopping around with dude on his back. Like, why'd you pick that to do?

If I see someone get hit with a burning hammer or orange crush in real life it's over

LionPride

Banned
AHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO

Man, if someone ever gets caught with a superkick straight up, you need to just lay down and rethink your life. Maybe hide your identity from now on.

e9928c852cf651f1c5ee728ebaf88799750dab40_hq.gif

Get caught with that and hide yourself from the public.
Here's the thing, a superkick is a fine move to be hit with. So is a superman punch, but an RKO? Nah bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom