• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY! My cards arrived!

I thought you had made them at first because I know it's a pretty common project for graphic design courses. I had to make a deck based on an artist from a provided list, like, a little over a year or so ago:

ACClib.png

fVNcIb.png

zeemumu

I thought you had made them at first because I know it's a pretty common project for graphic design courses. I had to make a deck based on an artist from a provided list, like, a little over a year or so ago:

We were assigned that as a project in one of my English classes in high school. We had to make trading cards out of Greek stuff. Even I got made into a trading card at some point. My effect was the ability to hide monsters within my afro.

We were assigned that as a project in one of my English classes in high school. We had to make trading cards out of Greek stuff. Even I got made into a trading card at some point. My effect was the ability to hide monsters within my afro.

That sounds like a DnD character waiting to happen.

Malyse

I'd be so upset if I had one of my books cut in spades by one of those anime girl face cards.

I can only wish my stuff will be successful enough to have an anime adaptation

How you feeling anyway? Your cast off yet?

----

C3l14bGWQAE53b6.jpg

Lord give me strength.

How you feeling anyway? Your cast off yet?

I didn't get a cast, thankfully - I had surgery and a rod inserted into my leg day of, so I just got one of those boots to keep it in when I'm out and about. I finally got the approval for 25% weight-bearing yesterday, so here's hoping I'm able to drive again sooner rather than later. I broke my right, but considering I drive stick, it doesn't really make a difference.

Also thankfully, I opted out of any major gifts this Christmas in favor of cash and my tax return is (relatively) big, so I'm not going to be completely broke from being on leave for so long (I'm a retail pharm tech so my job is literally standing up and walking for 4-10 hours at a time, and it was giving me foot / leg problems even prior to the break).

Lol @ the draft thread in OT.

"I have bad vision and asthma." Man half of the people I grew up with either have asthma, glasses, or both. Low income areas do not have the proper resources to promote healthy lives for children.

Nah bro. Put on your glasses and grab your inhaler we are about to go to war for Lord Donnie.

Unless you about this life
giphy-downsized-large.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't think i could live in asia, i hate sea food.

So did that dude, he admits it in that video that when he first started living in Japan, when he was showing visitors around he would sneak off to McDonald's while they were eating at a sushi place or other primarily-seafood spot. He eventually learned how to tolerate cooked seafood.

That said, you'd be fine - just stick to stuff like pork ramen, katsu, and izakaya/yakitori places that mainly serve grilled meat. Lots of non-seafood options, at least in the urban areas.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Noted. Are each independent of each other or should I follow an order?

Watch the original series first, both because it is way shorter and it's way older. Also it takes place like 80 years before the other series. Also it's a lot sillier and cheesier than the other ones, so if it's too much you can skip to the later shows mostly.

For the original Star Trek, here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DaystromInstitute/wiki/kraetos-tos-guide

This is a good list, watch the ones marked "Engage!" and if you feel like you really like the show and/or characters, try some of the "just for fun" episodes.

Then once you're done with that, there are six Star Trek movies with the original series cast. Don't watch the first one or the fifth one. The rest are varying degrees of okay to great.

I do that shit all the time. Not flip flops tho. I'll wear a wife beater and shorts in 15° weather..

That's why I asked if you were white.

The lack of melanin gives us cold resist. Sorry you guys are missing out.

(How much cold is deadass cold in this example?)
Apparently 15 degrees.

So privileged even laws of thermodynamics are kept at bay.
lol.

I don't think i could live in asia, i hate sea food.
Well, you ain't invited to the fish fry.

That's why I asked if you were white.

You know we all come built different, right? Even twins enjoy things the other doesn't. I love the cold. No white person I know personally can tolerate the winter weather like I do. They won't ride with me when it's snowing. They won't hike Great Falls with me when it's 30°.

White ain't got shit to do with it..sorry..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom