• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Hey all, I'm trying to write a poem for this thingy, I want it to be black based, but have zero clue what to write about. Any suggestions?

Please and thank you!

How about the constant struggle of the African American? The struggle for acceptance by a populace that would have them silenced and ignored than even being heard or even acknowledged. The struggle of hoping for justice when it never comes. The struggle to bond as one through the tough times and hoping to make it through to the other side in one piece. The struggle trying to get help in fighting for equality when the only ones that will help are only few and far between.

Just a suggestion.

Dai101

Banned
How about just being black in america? From the everyday, all what has to be dealt from just going to buy something, how you have to behave or else you scare them fragile existance. Just how the most mundane of shit you have to do is a unique and fucked up experience.

Just an idea.

LionPride

Banned
Thank you very much for suggestions, I needed something to latch on to and I think I found something. I almost gave up and was gonna decide to just read The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Crocodile

Happy Black History Month!

What prompted all this Korra talk in this thread and the last BTW?

I love you guys
P8mctWt.jpg

LOL seems accurate :p

Bronx-Man

Banned
Why not just write a poem about Booker T for black history month? You know, and that one time he beat Jeff Jarrett to win the world heavyweight championship?

Young Magus

Why not just write a poem about Booker T for black history month? You know, and that one time he beat Jeff Jarrett to win the world heavyweight championship?

......I like this.

I could honestly write a poem about the Booker/HHH feud and how that's normal for black people

I also like this as well.
its true sadly.

Write about King Booker and the time he called Hogan a nigga.
Write about Harlem Heat being the GOAT wcw tag team.
Write about BookDust

LionPride

Banned
Yeah, fuck Hunter

Like Jesus christ he was just the worst

Literally had a feud with a black guy where he told him "You're job isn't to do well, it's to entertain us! Go ahead, entertain!"

And he won the goddamn feud. I mean fuckin hell

Nudull

Banned
Not those opening promos. Nope. It was that and the Mexicools at the same damn time. HOW YOU GONNA HAVE PEOPLE COMING OUT ON LAWNMOWERS BECAUSE THEY'RE MEXICANS??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I mean, we're talking about the same company that okay'd the theme song of one of their most prominent latino wrestlers being "I lie, I cheat, I steal"

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
How were the last two seasons of Korra anyway? I stopped watching near the beginning of season 3 when Nickelodeon started messing up the scheduling and eventually took it off the air.

Season 3 was damn good. Easily the best season of the show, IMO. Season 4 was okay.

It's a bad Fables, but in a sort of entertaining way because it's on ABC so they have access to the Disney library.

Moana might show up if they get another season. We already had Elsa and an Anna who could rival the animated Anna.

And Merida

And best Cruella

tumblr_ngmmeg6F341s389oyo2_500.gif

Those poor dogs never stood a chance.

tumblr_nn2yockGx21rt41q9o1_500.gif

She may have also allegedly
murdered and skinned Bambi's mother.
Fuck Once Upon A Time and it's bullshit they pull

Niggas getting mad cause it's interrupting their Overwatch time

i'm done lmaoooo

His rebuttal that he was just trying to bring levity, as if that shit's funny, and as if he wasn't serious was classic.

And now there is at least one folk defending Milo harassing a trans student at another speech, as no big deal lol, because of course.

Young Magus

His ego is bigger than Owen's nose.

.......thats it?
I mean if that's the case then ol dudes a saint.

I mean, we're talking about the same company that okay'd the theme song of one of their most prominent latino wrestlers being "I lie, I cheat, I steal"

Mad probs to Eddie for making that gimmick work. Dude was so smooth that he made being a cheater into a face character

Happy Black History Month!

What prompted all this Korra talk in this thread and the last BTW?

LOL seems accurate :p

No lies detected (I feel like Slayven is responsible for 2 of those pics at least), and I don't know what prompted it, but I'll defend Korra saying all the seasons, aside from 2, were just as good as TLA.

So I totally figured out why so many people around here think I'm American, it;s because when I talk about American politics I don't have some ridiculous and condescending superiority complex about being from Canada.

Zekes!

So I totally figured out why so many people around here think I'm American, it;s because when I talk about American politics I don't have some ridiculous and condescending superiority complex about being from Canada.

We love to talk shit about America but are ignorant of or straight up ignore all the shit we've done in our history

Europeans from 97% white Scandinavian countries and their "nuance".

scust.jpg

We love to talk shit about America but are ignorant of or straight up ignore all the shit we've done in our history

y'all just need some convincing american accents and you're set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGLnLVHBGIk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom