• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laws00

I'm honestly tired of seeing people post quasi half intelligent shit and hashtaging woke all over the damn. I get it you're aware.

I just really want to say N word shut your bitch up. It's like it's the new word I'm seeing and hearing on blogs, and radio.

I'm honestly tired of seeing people post quasi half intelligent shit and hashtaging woke all over the damn. I get it you're aware.

I just really want to say N word shut your bitch up. It's like it's the new word I'm seeing and hearing on blogs, and radio.

I really hope this isn't a response to my tag...

I'm checking out MBA schools and I really wish the local programs close to me where higher ranked. I don't want to have to move to the west coast or new england area for 2 years. :(

andthebeatgoeson

I'm checking out MBA schools and I really wish the local programs close to me where higher ranked. I don't want to have to move to the west coast or new england area for 2 years. :(
It'll be worth it. You get more options the better the name is. It's 2 years. Your can do that in your sleep. Trust. We don't say it's systemic for no reason. Our shit ass peotus gets lots of credit for going to Wharton. W got a lot of credit for going to Yale. Dudes getting massive upgrades because they went to a certain school.

Where's our program ranked?

It stays around 20 in the nation most years. Not bad but not great. I'm trying to land a program that is pretty consistently in the top 10 list.

It'll be worth it. You get more options the better the name is. It's 2 years. Your can do that in your sleep. Trust. We don't say it's systemic for no reason. Our shit ass peotus gets lots of credit for going to Wharton. W got a lot of credit for going to Yale. Dudes getting massive upgrades because they went to a certain school.

I hear you. Though my top choice right now is probably Columbia since it has the rank, interesting international opportunities, and city life. If I land Harvard I might be forced to go from the name alone but I'm not stressing about getting into there.

It stays around 20 in the nation most years. Not bad but not great. I'm trying to land a program that is pretty consistently in the top 10 list.

Check to see if they'll give you a deal.

I feel you. Rankings are important. Be sure to check the schools' you're looking at networks in the city you want to live in

Check to see if they'll give you a deal.

I feel you. Rankings are important. Be sure to check the schools' you're looking at networks in the city you want to live in

It's funny since I'm thinking I might end up just staying here, I grew up here (legit), went to college here, and now work here. But more employers are making offices close by and a MBA from our alma mater might not cut it in the long run. Where you in the scholarship program in undergrad? They hooked me up for 4 years lol.

I'm looking at international banking/emerging market work as a long term career if the lifestyle and pay is good.

It's funny since I'm thinking I might end up just staying here, I grew up here (legit), went to college here, and now work here. But more employers are making offices close by and a MBA from our alma mater might not cut it in the long run. Where you in the scholarship program in undergrad? They hooked me up for 4 years lol.

I'm looking at international banking/emerging market work as a long term career if the lifestyle and pay is good.

Nah. I only went to gulc. I went to a terrible school for undergraduate. Everything worked out for me in the end though. These loans hurt my soul though

Johndoey

Banned
Trump is at the Prayer Breakfast complaining about Arnold Schwarzenegger. And he still can't dress like an adult. Judging by his face I think he might actually be melting. Promised to destroy the Johnson Amendment.

LionPride

Banned
I hate waiting for college yo. I have applied to UTK, Chicago, Wake Forest, Duke, Tulsa, Vandy, Davidson, Penn, Rice, and Washington University

Got rejected by Northwestern and my confidence is shot. Gotta hope I get into any of my other schools or else it's UTK for me. I need to leave Tennessee

I hate waiting for college yo. I have applied to UTK, Chicago, Wake Forest, Duke, Tulsa, Vandy, Davidson, Penn, Rice, and Washington University

Got rejected by Northwestern and my confidence is shot. Gotta hope I get into any of my other schools or else it's UTK for me. I need to leave Tennessee

Keep your head up. I got rejected by a good amount of schools before my acceptance letters started rolling in.

Zaverious

I feel you and hope you get accepted bro. I regret staying in my hometown for college.

Hey! Look it me!

...You got this!

Do what's best for you long term man, two years ain't shit, trust me, it'll fly by (I've already lived here for 4 and it don't feel that long at all). An MBA in an emerging field, especially banking, it absolutely matters where you get your degree from just from name value. You get into a nice school, doors open for you around the world. You can get a job anywhere.

Plus you can always go home to DC if you wanna go back, ain't like it's gone (yet).

The altright is also co opting it as well.

andthebeatgoeson

I hear you. Though my top choice right now is probably Columbia since it has the rank, interesting international opportunities, and city life. If I land Harvard I might be forced to go from the name alone but I'm not stressing about getting into there.
*Wipes forehead*
bout to do the proud uncle dance.

'Look at you, boi!'

Which has the better name for your career interest?

Do what's best for you long term man, two years ain't shit, trust me, it'll fly by (I've already lived here for 4 and it don't feel that long at all). An MBA in an emerging field, especially banking, it absolutely matters where you get your degree from just from name value. You get into a nice school, doors open for you around the world. You can get a job anywhere.

Plus you can always go home to DC if you wanna go back, ain't like it's gone (yet).

True true. I feel like 2 years somewhere else sound long tome it's because I never left my hometown.

Eventually though I think I'm going to get into non-profit, or if I can land the job I want after grad school they let people that are close to retiring work part-time to pursue other efforts in their life. Making money is great and all but I have to think about that impact I want to have before I hit the grave.

*Wipes forehead*
bout to do the proud uncle dance.

'Look at you, boi!'

Which has the better name for your career interest?

Just trying to be one of the many representations of Black excellence.

Emerging Markets is probably the best description for my career interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom