• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Protip for people, when someone is suing you, don't go to the media and give them the ammo they need.

John Carmack stay tripping

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Sup y'all.

I HAVE to visit this thread more often. I didn't even know there was a new thread until today. SHAME.

How is everyone!? ^_^

Makin a switch huh

602.gif

Geek note: if you buy a newer motherboard for your pc and still using Windows7 , get ready for some fun times with USB3 drivers.

Motherfucking usb3 just made me waste 4h >.<

edit:
lmao

I lost my job at Nintendo so it's fine. The short version of the story is "fuck the NES Classic."

That sucks dude.

edit2:

About to get a new job next week, I think. Other than that, things are chillin

Damn, was reading the thread from bottom to up..guess you're on your feet already :p

In my last corporate job when my contract wasn't renewed, i just took some "personal vacations" for a couple months to just unwind.

You let the NES Classic get you fired bruh? Is this the gaming equivalent of getting fired on your day off?

Grats on the new job tho

I actually WAS let off during my short vacation too. I was super depressed after the call, then Smokey's voice popped into my head with the "you got to be a stupid muthafucka to get fired on your day off." It lifted my spirit a bit since it was funny AND sad, lol.

The more detailed story is that since I was in customer service, I would take calls/chats from people. And wouldn't you know it, people contacted us by the literal thousands regarding the NES Classic. While I would've loved to sell one to someone who was looking, we had 0 to give out because of the very real shortage we had (this is why I kept clowning you, LionPride). And people really don't like it when you refer them to other retailers, but that was all I was able to say tbh. So when the satisfaction surveys came in the next week, you bet your ass they let us have it.

My numbers, as well as some of my coworkers', got rekt, and while management did take my side and said that nothing there was really my fault, it still wasn't enough to prevent me from being laid off (there was some other numbers that I needed to work on, but for some reason my team leader never met with me during December to discuss what needed work, so I didn't have a clue anything was up). And like I mentioned on Twitter, while it's normal to want to get mad at Nintendo for this, technically it was the hiring company that they use that was in charge of my employment. So it's not like Reggie himself was like "you fucked up." I ain't mad at Nintendo about the job situation, but at the same time, I'm very mad about how they handled the NES Classic in general, and not even relating to my job. And I'm not the only employee, former or not, who feels that way.

I actually WAS let off during my short vacation too. I was super depressed after the call, then Smokey's voice popped into my head with the "you got to be a stupid muthafucka to get fired on your day off." It lifted my spirit a bit since it was funny AND sad, lol.

The more detailed story is that since I was in customer service, I would take calls/chats from people. And wouldn't you know it, people contacted us by the literal thousands regarding the NES Classic. While I would've loved to sell one to someone who was looking, we had 0 to give out because of the very real shortage we had (this is why I kept clowning you, LionPride). And people really don't like it when you refer them to other retailers, but that was all I was able to say tbh. So when the satisfaction surveys came in the next week, you bet your ass they let us have it.

My numbers, as well as some of my coworkers', got rekt, and while management did take my side and said that nothing there was really my fault, it still wasn't enough to prevent me from being laid off (there was some other numbers that I needed to work on, but for some reason my team leader never met with me during December to discuss what needed work, so I didn't have a clue anything was up). And like I mentioned on Twitter, while it's normal to want to get mad at Nintendo for this, technically it was the hiring company that they use that was in charge of my employment. So it's not like Reggie himself was like "you fucked up." I ain't mad at Nintendo about the job situation, but at the same time, I'm very mad about how they handled the NES Classic in general, and not even relating to my job. And I'm not the only employee, former or not, who feels that way.
Shit, that's rough man. Sorry about that.

Shy

That's fucking out of order. None of that was your fault.

Izuna

Banned

damn

I'm sure everything will be awesome at your new gig

Slayven

I feel for you bro, customer service is no joke. You catch hell coming and going. You got to stay on script, then the folks get made at you for reading a script. You have to watch your time, etc. All that other bullshit. I rather be pimped out then go back to that shit again.

Yep, sounds like classic industry buck passing.

Sorry to hear that mang

Mizerman

Sorry to hear about that. At least you're bouncing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom