• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for you bro, customer service is no joke. You catch hell coming and going. You got to stay on script, then the folks get made at you for reading a script. You have to watch your time, etc. All that other bullshit. I rather be pimped out then go back to that shit again.

It's actually really nice working there when it's not the holidays. Way less stressful than you might think. I've had days where there was enough free time between calls/chats that I'd beat whole Zelda dungeons in nearly one sitting.

Yeah there's a lot of jerks who call in. Some of them call in wondering why their 3DS isn't covered under warranty because they stepped on it. Others contact us trying to guilt-trip people into giving them free shit (someone did this to me with the NES Classic and I wanted to choke them out through the chatline). I'd say it was about 70/30 in favor of "normal" calls, with the 30 being the asshats.

Slayven

One time a customer called screaming about how a cable guy used his bathroom and blew it up so bad he had to wash the towels hanging in there. They ended up giving him 2 months credit on cable.

Whenever I contact customer service I'm always super nice because I know I can be the extra straw that broke their back. And at the end even if the thing I want didn't get resolved I always say "Thanks so much for your help. Is there any survey I can be sent to share my positive experience with you, [the person name]."

And I always fill out the survey. I did this once with Amazon and I got an email a few hours ago giving me a $20 gift card for my inconvenience. I know not everyone has the authority to help me out like that and I don't expect it. Most people just want to pay their bills, support their family, and flourish.

counting calories sucks

THE SUMMER CALENDAR NEEDS YOU TO START COUNTING BROTHER

It gets easier over time but it does suck starting off

One time a customer called screaming about how a cable guy used his bathroom and blew it up so bad he had to wash the towels hanging in there. They ended up giving him 2 months credit on cable.

That asshole called about that? I tried to clean his fucking towels in his tub!

I'll eradicate him for this!

Damn, the towels took in the essence and all.

_____

@Beef, sorry to hear, shitty way to be let go and shitty policy on their end, but its good you got another gig. 👍

Slayven

The company also went through 3 janitor companies because the things that were happening in the women's bathroom. I don't know if they were trying to summon Cthulhu in there, but eventually everyone would refuse to clean it.

Kreed

One of my first jobs was working for a company that did "autoship scams" (you order a "trial" for a product by paying for shipping and handling with your credit card and then in 30 days they send you the full product every month, charging your credit card anywhere from 60-180 dollars until you cancel). The customer service department at that place got calls ranging from people threatening to pistol whip you over the phone to crying mothers asking how they were going to feed their families. Nobody stayed there long, including me.

Yeah I used to work a TTY call center back in the college days.

You guys would not believe the nasty shit some deaf people will have you transcribe for them. Also it was a fucking miserable place to work, the retention rate was less than 2 months despite paying $16 an hour.

The company also went through 3 janitor companies because the things that were happening in the women's bathroom. I don't know if they were trying to summon Cthulhu in there, but eventually everyone would refuse to clean it.

Happened in one of my jobs, a bit more mild but someone or some people left the mens room toilets a fucking mess ... and then the CEO went to take a shit.

Man, i was glad that i worked at another office/town that day.

Slayven

Yeah I used to work a TTY call center back in the college days.

You guys would not believe the nasty shit some deaf people will have you transcribe for them. Also it was a fucking miserable place to work, the retention rate was less than 2 months despite paying $16 an hour.

One of 2 times i got hit on was a deaf guy, and the TTY lady sounded so bored, I bet they heard some shit on a daily basis.

The other time was 2 women making out on the phone and they wanted me to order Playboy, but couldn't because it was monday and our systems went down on mondays.

Weirdest thing was you have a list of literally five sentences you could say when transcribing, and if you went off script more than once you'd get immediately fired.

Slayven

Happened in one of my jobs, a bit more mild but someone or some people left the mens room toilets a fucking mess ... and then the CEO went to take a shit.

Man, i was glad that i worked at another office/town that day.

One of the funniest shit to happen when i took a piss and a dude was in there abusing the toilet. Like unholy things and the smell was like burnt tires and old hot dog water. I did what I had to and got out. As I was walking out, my friend Adam was going in and as soon as he caught the scent he screamed as loud as he could "What the hell did you do?" to the guy on the toilet.

Another thing, we had this older lady that had a billion cats at home. She would come to work covered in cat hair, and was forever trying to bring people food. Everybody was like "Nope"

Lose it, actually

I scanned a candy bar and got depressed

A lot of ordering apps will give you nutritional information on what you're buying now, too. Whenever I get stuff for friends / family through the Starbucks app I'm always horrified at how much shit is in caramel macchiatos and all of that. I usually have a latte set up so that it's a Grande and all of the nutritional info still comes out to <5% of the recommended daily quantity, but if they make it wrong it can come out horrible. My ex took a sip of it once and it looked like he had drank poison, lmao.

So...

So does this mean brown people are Jedi?

Well...

windu-featured.jpg

40 minutes of what, exactly?

Elliptical...

On topic customer service jobs suck

A lot of ordering apps will give you nutritional information on what you're buying now, too. Whenever I get stuff for friends / family through the Starbucks app I'm always horrified at how much shit is in caramel macchiatos and all of that. I usually have a latte set up so that it's a Grande and all of the nutritional info still comes out to <5% of the recommended daily quantity, but if they make it wrong it can come out horrible. My ex took a sip of it once and it looked like he had drank poison, lmao.

Yeah I've been scanning and adding up stuff like a mad man with this.

It's interesting seeing where you can cut something to get more out of a meal.

Elliptical...

On topic customer service jobs suck

Yeah I've been scanning and adding up stuff like a mad man with this.

It's interesting seeing where you can cut something to get more out of a meal.

I've ordered sandwiches without cheese 90% of the time for a couple years now because you usually can't taste it to begin with. I've also never been a huge fan of mayo / ranch so that's helped, too. I know how easy it can be to fall into the trap of having the same stuff that's bad for you over and over again, though.

I've ordered sandwiches without cheese 90% of the time for a couple years now because you usually can't taste it to begin with. I've also never been a huge fan of mayo / ranch so that's helped, too. I know how easy it can be to fall into the trap of having the same stuff that's bad for you over and over again, though.

Funny you mentioned those, when trying to balance out cheese was the first to go. Mayo i'm sort of stuck with since i've been using it for egg and tuna/salmon salads. Tonight I went heavy on the veggies for dinner but I'm going to have find better substitutes going forward.

Funny you mentioned those, when trying to balance out cheese was the first to go. Mayo i'm sort of stuck with since i've been using it for egg and tuna/salmon salads. Tonight I went heavy on the veggies for dinner but I'm going to have find better substitutes going forward.

Cut out white rice and pasta as well..

LionPride

Banned
I actually WAS let off during my short vacation too. I was super depressed after the call, then Smokey's voice popped into my head with the "you got to be a stupid muthafucka to get fired on your day off." It lifted my spirit a bit since it was funny AND sad, lol.

The more detailed story is that since I was in customer service, I would take calls/chats from people. And wouldn't you know it, people contacted us by the literal thousands regarding the NES Classic. While I would've loved to sell one to someone who was looking, we had 0 to give out because of the very real shortage we had (this is why I kept clowning you, LionPride). And people really don't like it when you refer them to other retailers, but that was all I was able to say tbh. So when the satisfaction surveys came in the next week, you bet your ass they let us have it.

My numbers, as well as some of my coworkers', got rekt, and while management did take my side and said that nothing there was really my fault, it still wasn't enough to prevent me from being laid off (there was some other numbers that I needed to work on, but for some reason my team leader never met with me during December to discuss what needed work, so I didn't have a clue anything was up). And like I mentioned on Twitter, while it's normal to want to get mad at Nintendo for this, technically it was the hiring company that they use that was in charge of my employment. So it's not like Reggie himself was like "you fucked up." I ain't mad at Nintendo about the job situation, but at the same time, I'm very mad about how they handled the NES Classic in general, and not even relating to my job. And I'm not the only employee, former or not, who feels that way.
Bruh it just seemed so damn absurd that Nintendo would have such a shortage on something that obviously, peeps would want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom