• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brexit legit makes me unexcited to get to know new people. I don't bother with newspapers anymore and use reddit/GAF for world news insetead.

I wish I didn't grow up with a conspiracy theory believing Mum and that anything could make sense, but she jumps on conspiracy theory outrage one after another.

She'll legit refuse to read anything to the contrary or ever care about sources. She thinks Angels vs. Demons is a documentary of sorts too.

~~

Me on the other hand ;) I'm 24 in 30 minutes... and I'm playing through the Halo games on a rando's account to get them the achievements while listing to LinusTechTips

I think I've found my own personal happiness in a way.

---

I don't even know of that song. I really hope Atlanta comes to UK Netflix.

Conspiracy theories are the worst, sorry you have to go through that. Happy birthday (for 17 minutes in the future!)

Slayven

Nah that would require some type of talent to be engaging. If you just shit on everything you don't have to put any effort in your content.

That shit is so understated. All my regular podcasts are of people that cracking jokes and having fun even when talking serious shit.

Except when they talk about DCCU, not enough jokes in the world to fix that

Happy birth day Izuna.

That shit is so understated. All my regular podcasts are of people that cracking jokes and having fun even when talking serious shit.

Happy birth day Izuna.
Lesson of the day is more people need Korey and Martin in their lives.

Happy birth day Izuna.

Which podcasts do you listen to? I need to increase my list

Sch1sm

Which podcasts do you listen to? I need to increase my list

Check out Life After. Cool sci fi narrative in their two stories, The Message, and then Life After. Now it's got a running season called After Life After that goes into how likely/plausible the events from Life After specifically in terms of rogue AI and such that's hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson and brings in leaders and academics in various comp sci fields.

Gaming and Then Some

Movie Trailer Review

The Black Guy Who Tips

Where's my 40 acres

Hot Fiyastarter

Three Fifs Podcast

TWIB (This Week In Blackness)

The Spann Report

Say Something Nice Podcast

Black Men Can't Jump In Hollywood

The Read

What's the Tea?

The Interracial Jawn (Yeah, the husband's white, but the black wife is woke as fuck and is one half of the Safety Pin Box)

Denzel Washington Is the Greatest Actor Of All Time Period

So Well Spoken

Whiskey Wine And Moonshine

EDIT: I liked this https://twitter.com/MatthewACherry/status/822614724667998208

akira28

Brexit legit makes me unexcited to get to know new people. I don't bother with newspapers anymore and use reddit/GAF for world news insetead.

Think of it as a way to find allies to network with locally. And to know who to steer clear of, instead of a reason to not meet new people.

happy bday too.

maybe try to get your mom into other hobbies with a cleverly timed and hobby inducing gift?

gaf and reddit as primary news sources is depressing as hell. I need music.

there's the idea of the news aggregator, and then there's the news regurgitator. Discussion on this site is alright in a lot of respects, particularly in comparison to reddit, with all its issues, and problematic focus. But a lot of the things discussed on here come directly from the reddit discussion lists. And a lot of things happen of note that never end up threaded on gaf, until weeks later.

akira28

I don't trust guys that always wear a hat in their pictures and snaps.
N3MI0j5.png

might be a good idea

I guess third punch's a charm?

then he'll disappear in a poof of smoke and leave a big bouncing coin worth $2.53.

Guys like Charlemagne The God and Wesley Pipes has tarnished the rep of the fitted cap

I don't get it since Black and bald is a good look. Don't hide it like you are ashamed.

I should have hair until I'm dead based on the men in my family. Phew.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Man re7 got me playing bitchmade. lol I'm running past everything. Went into
little girls room saw her pasty legs and
nope'd the fuck outta there.

Izuna

Banned
Think of it as a way to find allies to network with locally. And to know who to steer clear of, instead of a reason to not meet new people.

happy bday too.

maybe try to get your mom into other hobbies with a cleverly timed and hobby inducing gift?

gaf and reddit as primary news sources is depressing as hell. I need music.

there's the idea of the news aggregator, and then there's the news regurgitator. Discussion on this site is alright in a lot of respects, particularly in comparison to reddit, with all its issues, and problematic focus. But a lot of the things discussed on here come directly from the reddit discussion lists. And a lot of things happen of note that never end up threaded on gaf, until weeks later.

Thanks!

~~

I barely go into the threads unless the title itself isn't descriptive enough. That and the fact that I get suggestions to watch Stephen Colbert clips on YouTube. If anything huge happens, between those things and BCT, I'll hear about it, but I'm not really asking what's going on in the world anymore.

Worst is when 50% of my Facebook friends (which is a very low number because I was heavily moderating it in the past) shares the occasional diet racist post which is a safe space for shit like calling black people stupid for not realising PP is made to reduce the number of black people in America...

Anyway~~

I should know if I'm getting promoted by April and that will have a nice little bonus come late Summer and I looked into the IRS installment process since I don't want to drop 3 grand all at once. I should be fine and I'm glad I learned this lesson early on in life.

Though I won't lie when I finished my TurboTax I looked like

WpzFB2yU.jpeg

..but I pulled myself together.

I should know if I'm getting promoted by April and that will have a nice little bonus come late Summer and I looked into the IRS installment process since I don't want to drop 3 grand all at once. I should be fine and I'm glad I learned this lesson early on in life.

Though I won't lie when I finished my TurboTax I looked like

WpzFB2yU.jpeg

Well, I hope everything works out for you.

Sch1sm

Wait BCT plays communal games? Can I get an invite/
hug
?

We play SFV whenever we have the time to hop on, and the invite's always extended to the rest of y'all. Some people have played with us before. Akira, Senpai, Faded, whoever, but it's usually just us, lol.

We say when we're hopping on, just a matter of y'all saying you want in and throwing your CFN IDs if you've got the game. BF1 was another that a fair few of us got, too.

We play SFV whenever we have the time to hop on, and the invite's always extended to the rest of y'all. Some people have played with us before. Akira, Senpai, Faded, whoever, but it's usually just us, lol.

We say when we're hopping on, just a matter of y'all saying you want in and throwing your CFN IDs if you've got the game. BF1 was another that a fair few of us got, too.

You guys play SFV and BF1 on PC? PS4?

PS4 for BF1. SFV is cross play between PC and PS4, so it's split.

We never on Xbox together. I think Forearm and I are the only ones who regularly touch an X1.

Cool! I have BF1 on PS4 but I don't own SFV. Frozen and I play Overwatch on PS4 every now and then when I'm not flaking on him.

I want a BCT group for Tekken when it drops. Don't be scared to take an L

I would pick up Injustice 2 solely to play with BCT--but it doesn't seem like a game people will pick up.

Dudes, went to a regional restaurant today that had meter-long pork steaks. Barbecued. Soooo goood. Will put a picture up later when a buddy shares it.

FeelsFatMan

Zekes!

what's good everyone

'bout to hit up this left over chicken wings and play some Overwatch after this long day of work

Slayven

Dudes, went to a regional restaurant today that had meter-long pork steaks. Barbecued. Soooo goood. Will put a picture up later when a buddy shares it.

FeelsFatMan

Pork aka the devil meat? See that is what is wrong with black people.

I ate 3 uncook yams, and a glass of water purified by running it over rocks from the river Nile.

Izuna

Banned
PS4 for BF1. SFV is cross play between PC and PS4, so it's split.

We never on Xbox together. I think Forearm and I are the only ones who regularly touch an X1.

I'm an Xbox stan, but I only play Titanfall these days

I can pick up a fighter though. Haven't super played one since sf4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom