• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Ever think white people dislike people speaking up about whiteness because they're purposefully protesting those who are fighting their good fight to secure supremacy?

Like, shhh minorities, stop attacking the seemingly 50% of white voters who are gunna let Republicans fuck up minorities, just let them be... I go to bars with them and this means we can't be friends.

~~

Even though I know bish banned me a few times, each time caused much-needed reflection. GAF needs more of that.

Imm0rt4l

Falcons got black history month on their shoulders. No pressure.

Is0QAAM.jpg

As someone with no real investment in football. Go Falcons.

Did someone do an in depth post on the history of Minstrel Shows? Or am I imagining it, I'm trying to find it and can't.

I know a few were in the last Zwarte Piet threads IIRC, might have been another blackface thread too but, honestly there are so many (and I'm kinda drunk) that it's hard to rememebr.

I know a few were in the last Zwarte Piet threads IIRC, might have been another blackface thread too but, honestly there are so many (and I'm kinda drunk) that it's hard to rememebr.

yeah I'm not finding anything. There was that Ice cream truck song thread and various yearly Zwarte Piet stuff. I might do some more research and write a post.

Imm0rt4l

So y'all remember the scientist march on Washington thing? Well a lot of scientists want to keep politics out of it. Who didn't see that coming?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/azeenghorayshi/is-science-political?utm_term=.exvEK6P3nQ#.cioZ7pWXnJ

”They initially wanted to call it a March on Washington, but then they came out swinging saying we're going to have this nonpartisan, nonpolitical march," said Chanda Prescod-Weinstein, a theoretical physicist at the University of Washington, referring to the historic 1963 march led by civil rights activists. ”I'm wondering, why? If you really don't feel like it's a partisan issue, why are you having a protest? Or are we having something that mimics a protest, but is actually more akin to what I would call a parade?"

On Thursday, Prescod-Weinstein, co-authored a statement with two other scientists who are calling themselves ”Scientists Against A Fascist Government," arguing that it is the ”moral duty" of scientists to be political when it comes to issues like the immigrant ban, the environment, and women's health — all issues that she argues inexorably tie science to politics. Prescod-Weinstein stressed that the fact that she and her co-author, astrophysicist Sarah Tuttle, are Jewish played a big part in why they decided to pen the letter in the first place.

”I think if we look back at history, negotiating with fascists actually doesn't end well for science," Prescod-Weinstein said. ”It certainly doesn't end well for scientists at the margins.

So Chanda Hsu Prescod-Weinstein, a black Jewish queer scientists read them for filth

Malyse

Yeah they're pedophiles. Like. What about her as a character is interesting? She's literally a sexualized child.

Yup. I hate the fringe part of communities
also known in some circles as fandom
. MegaTen also has some really fucking weird people in it. Speaking of, I really want my next game to be TMS#FE (and I *just* realized that TMS is SMT backwards), but I don't know how faithful N is going to be with Switch ports and Wii U virtual console. I very rarely by games twice if it's not becoming more convenient for me.

Honestly, I kinda want Switch to be Nintendo's last console and handheld in the way that there's one iPhone and iPad that just gets refreshes. I'd be ok with a Switch going to an iPhone model with version updates and games that require a certain level for compatability.

I mean really where else is there for Nintendo to go? They obviously aren't ever going back to a "traditional" console, so iterating on the Switch since, well, the other two are basically iterative boxes at this point, is the most sound and viable strategy imo.

Malyse

I mean really where else is there for Nintendo to go? They obviously aren't ever going back to a "traditional" console, so iterating on the Switch since, well, the other two are basically iterative boxes at this point, is the most sound and viable strategy imo.

It's Nintendo. While Sony and Microsoft are fighting over left and right, they'll decide that they want to go purple.

It's Nintendo. While Sony and Microsoft are fighting over left and right, they'll decide that they want to go purple.

At this point I half expect their next thing to just be a Laptop

I was gonna suggest that you bow out..no need to let the spirits speak for you and get you clapped. Tomorrow is another day..

Yeah I mean ain't shit left there to "discuss" anyway so, no point. I do, however, think I'll cook cause your ass legit did make me hungry lol.

LotusHD

Banned
Nintendo needs to stop making hardware and just do games, they'll succeed better that way

I think the Switch is a fine stopping point to improve on tbh. If they do end up just making games, I'm glad the Switch is a thing first.

I just want to play console games on my bed lol

Slayven

At this point I half expect their next thing to just be a Laptop

Yeah I mean ain't shit left there to "discuss" anyway so, no point. I do, however, think I'll cook cause your ass legit did make me hungry lol.

Gordon's boiled chicken got your stomaching churning?

Izuna

Banned
Hummus...

I don't think I like eating that

~~

what should I eat? I can spend like £30 at any takeaway for myself.

Don't bother saying Italian because I live in a shithole that doesn't have that.

I'm considering Whisky but I never drink on my own

Imm0rt4l

well maybe if you didn't have such a visceral hate of white people you might be able to have a discussion. Listen, when Bo Bice was called a white boy by those black workers at the popeyes; that should have been the impetus to have an 'honest conversation about race'.

Zekes!

I went in that karaoke thread last night and dipped almost immediately. I checked it again this morning and it went about as I'd figured. I'm good

I think the Switch is a fine stopping point to improve on tbh. If they do end up just making games, I'm glad the Switch is a thing first.

I just want to play console games on my bed lol

Off TV play on the Wii U was one its best features. I got a lot of use outta that

Imm0rt4l

I thought I was sold on the switch after the last mario and zelda trailers. Taking a wait and see approach. I love Nintendo, don't care for their consoles.

LotusHD

Banned
I went in that karaoke thread last night and dipped almost immediately. I checked it again this morning and it went about as I'd figured. I'm good

Off TV play on the Wii U was one its best features. I got a lot of use outta that

Same, shit was particularly convenient to me as a college student, as I didn't have to worry about bothering my roommates lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom