• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Okay, and? Your options are buy a Nintendo console if you want to play good Nintendo games, or don't play good Nintendo games. Good Nintendo games on other consoles is not an option because Nintendo going 3rd party means they won't be able to afford keeping their talent on staff or working at their own pace.

Simple as that.

Which is why I've had a strict, don't buy Nintendo consoles, shit ain't worth it, policy for a while

And with their...less than stellar decision making skills, I've now gotten on the fuck Nintendo train

Asda

I implore you to try

Not big on Shiraz, but if I find a small bottle I'll keep it in mind..

The Adder

Banned
Which is why I've had a strict, don't buy Nintendo consoles, shit ain't worth it, policy for a while

And with their...less than stellar decision making skills, I've now gotten on the fuck Nintendo train

That's cool. I'mma just be over here playing good games.

Also, 17 years? The fuck was wrong with the GameCube?

Izuna

Banned
Best game I ever played on the GameCube was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It came with the GameCube I got and instead of returning it sealed, I got bored with Mario Sunshine that I had to try a new game.

SOOOO glad I did.

(fighting games don't count because these are GC versions)

edit: vvvvvv

PSO don't count either because everyone knows Xbox version was the best ;) Voice Modulation was the shit

Zekes!

That's cool. I'mma just be over here playing good games.

Also, 17 years? The fuck was wrong with the GameCube?

man I put in time on the Gamecube. Melee? Phantasy Star Online? between those two games alone I probably logged in damn near 500+ hours as a kid

not to mention Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, Viewtiful Joe, Killer7, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Double Dash, Pikmin, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, F-Zero GX

Imm0rt4l

The toxicness, the anti-blackness of nerdy communities, even in the ostensibly "liberal" places like gaf, make me thankful for this space. When I see other poc/black folks internalize all that fuckshit, it just serves as a reminder. Thank you BCT.

Y'all still ain't shit tho

Eh I'm just on the "I'll get a Nintendo console when I feel like it" train. Looks like I'm getting a switch. Also I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Nintendo if not successful would sooner close their doors then go third party. Or maybe I'm imagining it.

LionPride

Banned
... What about the Nintendo games you were wishing would be on other consoles?

That's like saying you don't care for the PS4 since there's not a lot you can't play on PC.

Not a whole lot I cared for in the Gamecube era

Melee
Day of Reckoning
F-Zero
Wind Waker
Pokemon Colosseum

That's it, Gamecube didn't really have anything that I couldn't play on my PS2

Hey hey hey, chill. No need to butt heads over console preference. No need for that. People like what they like or don't like what they don't like. Nothing wrong with that.

LionPride

Banned
Hey hey hey, chill. No need to butt heads over console preference. No need for that. People like what they like or don't like what they don't like. Nothing wrong with that.

He can have his preference, I ain't gonna tell him no.

I can just as openly say I don't like Nintendo consoles and it's really just my opinion

Izuna

Banned
Just Eat has this Carribean/French place offering Pea Soup

Chances are that it's legit?

I guess I'll find out. I might regret not letting my Mum make it for me today.

edit: just looked at what non-Jamaican Pea Soup looks like... not taking that risk

LotusHD

Banned
Eh I'm just on the "I'll get a Nintendo console when I feel like it" train. Looks like I'm getting a switch. Also I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Nintendo if not successful would sooner close their doors then go third party. Or maybe I'm imagining it.

Nintendo got their clutches on me despite having a Wii U and what not. Portable Zelda was too strong to resist, among other things...

But yea, everyone got their reasons for wanting or not wanting a Switch. The only thing that slightly irks me is when people always gotta be going out their way to convince others that their decision is the right one, that you're stupid to not listen to them. Like unless you a friend or family member, or someone on GAF is actually asking others what they should do, I really can't be bothered to weigh in like that.

Also I want another Pokemon Colosseum game

That's just not right

The Adder

Banned

Clearly, sir, you're new here. Hello,I'm The Adder. It's a pleasure! When I start butting heads, believe me, you'll know it.

akira28

I mean, they run most of the big cities in America and nearly every one of them has a Black section of the city rife with police brutality and economic deprivation that they dont do a fucking thing about. The only reason to even fuck with them is because apathy is a better alternative than the active malice that resides on the other side of the aisle.

don't let the DCCC see this. (they know. I basically told them as much during our local 2016 senatorial campaign. They know my face.)

LionPride

Banned
If I get another Pokemon Colosseum/Stadium, it'll be a good day

Would have to convince friends to buy the game/console it comes out on, but whatever

The toxicness, the anti-blackness of nerdy communities, even in the ostensibly "liberal" places like gaf, make me thankful for this space. When I see other poc/black folks internalize all that fuckshit, it just serves as a reminder. Thank you BCT.

Y'all still ain't shit tho

Well you're very welcome! I'm glad that this thread exists as wel-hold the hell up!! What you say?! Kidding! :D

Izuna

Banned
Naw. I've had just about every variety of wine out there, from the super expensive to the comes in a box. Fuck wine. I hate it.

I honestly don't rate expensive wine, but I shudder to think that someone can't appreciate a Pinot Noir

tumblr_okav0wUt3Q1qc3ugxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_okav0wUt3Q1qc3ugxo2_1280.jpg

Goddammit I hate horror movies but fuck me I should probably support this D:

I stay away from horror movies but this looks more psychological rather than "creepy jumpscare killer" so Im going to give it a shot

plus I gotta support Key & Peele with their new projects

Izuna

Banned
Currently ordering food of my ancestors

I need this for my soul. I suggest y'all eat because you're gunna get hungry

LionPride

Banned
I know me and a couple friends of mine are seeing Get Out, the white people in our lives said it doesn't look good...

We gon party all over they ass

Funny thing is, it was my ex and the boyfriend of one of my friends. Both white

Like the entire premise got me and and my friend into it since we were in interracial relationships and have had the fear of this type of shit happening

The premise is creepy, though. I thought it would be a dark comedy by Peele. Then I saw the trailer.....Jesus.

Zekes!

I know me and a couple friends of mine are seeing Get Out, the white people in our lives said it doesn't look good...

We gon party all over they ass

I showed the trailer to my mom (who's white) a while back and she joked about it being the scenario that would happen if my dad had met her father

Man I'm watching Zootopia with my son.

Holy shit, not even ten minutes in and her dad is all but saying "Now I ain't racist but you just can't trust those Negroes, Jews and Mexicans" like.

This is real as shit for a kids movie.

That's why you shouldn't have slept on it.

At the Comcast store listening to these sales people talking to the uninformed like 25Mpbs is dial up

Might as well be.

Fuck wine.

92285adcc8ce7988d7f20576375bb21e.jpg

Nothing wrong with a good box of wine

You know you ain't shit. I still like you, but you ain't shit. Like Charlie Murphy.

They ain't made good decisions in damn near 17 years

Their games are good, their hardware is not. They have the ability to do good, but not as a goddamn hardware company

Their games won't be good if they're not a hardware company.

You've pretty much sold the endgame then, eh?

Izuna

Banned
Is this sweet?
Please be sweet.

Pretty balanced SA wine.

Depending on the blend percentages it can be pretty fruity, yeah. A Rose ver. is even easier to drink.

The more I think of my past experiences, I think New World > more traditional outside of Chablis being the only Chardonnay anyone should ever drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom