• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

He wasnt beaten, robbed, stabbed and the bouncers handled the situation instantly, I'd say that dude came out that situation with a lower case W.
Anyone who harms or commits some bias crime against a White person will be punished to the full extent of the law or get penalised in some other way by White society, so I couldnt care less about "hurt feelings." If some Black person went to a White bar and caught some shit from a Trump supporter, I'd just tell them to find a different bar. I dont care about social integration or starting a "dialogue", Black folks been trying to befriend or marry our way out of White supremacy for 400 years, it hasnt done shit.
Apply the laws of the land equally for every citizen, then we can worry about actually desegregating our social circles.
*plays church organ

Malyse

Head-Gordon
Arm-Frozen and Malsye
Legs-Slayven and Forearm
Body-Darryl
I like Malsye almost as much as I like Demi.
Man I'm watching Zootopia with my son.

Holy shit, not even ten minutes in and her dad is all but saying "Now I ain't racist but you just can't trust those Negroes, Jews and Mexicans" like.

This is real as shit for a kids movie.

black-man-frustrated-with-woman.jpg

Izuna

Banned
I really don't equate Zootopia to racism and I find it really strange.

They're different species ~ which the movie also separates into two distinct groups. It also constantly reminds you that these species have different attributes (like rabbits having a LOT of kids). To equate it to racism is to say that races are inherently different.

It was also disappointing haha. Inside Out was much better (and made me cry).

I rate Moana SO HIGHLY, though. Was freaking incredible.

Malyse

I really don't equate Zootopia to racism and I find it really strange.

They're different species ~ which the movie also separates into two distinct groups. It also constantly reminds you that these species have different attributes (like rabbits having a LOT of kids). To equate it to racism is to say that races are inherently different.

It was also disappointing haha. Inside Out was much better (and made me cry).

I rate Moana SO HIGHLY, though. Was freaking incredible.

An analogy doesn't need to be perfect to work.

LionPride

Banned
Zootopia is a heavy handed allegory for classicism, sexism, and racism

Still a very enjoyable movie though.

Especially when Nick basically goes "They think I'm a nigga? I'll show them a nigga."

It's heavy handed so far but it's a kids movie, those ain't exactly subtle in its messaging.

I mean fuck she literally said he was so well spoken

Izuna

Banned
I just can't get over them literally having different attributes. I appreciate it for everything else except that. Not that I can think of any other way to do it.

Izuna

Banned
So long as this dude isn't lying about how far away this room is from Uni, looks like I have found a place.

Also, from now on, I want a huge box of Ferrero Rocher instead of cake for my birthday.

Slayven

So long as this dude isn't lying about how far away this room is from Uni, looks like I have found a place.

Also, from now on, I want a huge box of Ferrero Rocher instead of cake for my birthday.

How about half a bag of Hersey kisses, and a half sucked Welsher's original?

"And now I'll play my Blue Eyes White Devil!"

And Bandit Keith sounds like a Trump supporter.

In America....

LionPride

Banned
It's heavy handed so far but it's a kids movie, those ain't exactly subtle in its messaging.

I mean fuck she literally said he was so well spoken

There is just a lot I liked

You can't call a bunny cute, only bunnies can
Don't touch a lamb's hair
All foxes are thieving people *cough* They're blacks/Hispanics/Latinos *cough*

That itchy trigger finger because Nick made too sudden of a movement
Saying that he is so well spoken

Izuna

Banned
Fleeting thought

Democrats as a whole weren't actually less racist than Republicans, they just thought that the image of diversity was better for power. Being why they ain't doing enough shit to stop Trump/White House etc.

But people like Elizabeth Warren knows. She freaking knows, and yet she doesn't want to say it because it would have a Corbyn effect and cause infighting that would give Republican's power for decades.

~~

I'm coming up with my own conspiracy theories to deal with the shock that is America rn

Yeah they're pedophiles. Like. What about her as a character is interesting? She's literally a sexualized child.

rip my history

There is just a lot I liked

You can't call a bunny cute, only bunnies can
Don't touch a lamb's hair
All foxes are thieving people *cough* They're blacks/Hispanics/Latinos *cough*

That itchy trigger finger because Nick made too sudden of a movement
Saying that he is so well spoken

A black person had to have been involved in this movie. Because when those first two events happened, my jaw dropped. I thought, "This is too real and on the nose for Disney! Are they trying to make up for Fantasia, Song of the South, and the crows from Dumbo with this?"

And you know those otters were black.

Fleeting thought

Democrats as a whole weren't actually less racist than Republicans, they just thought that the image of diversity was better for power. Being why they ain't doing enough shit to stop Trump/White House etc.

But people like Elizabeth Warren knows. She freaking knows, and yet she doesn't want to say it because it would have a Corbyn effect and cause infighting that would give Republican's power for decades.

~~

I'm coming up with my own conspiracy theories to deal with the shock that is America rn

rip my history
Been saying Dems ain't shit for forever now. They're just as racist.

LionPride

Banned
A black person had to have been involved in this movie. Because when those first two events happened, my jaw dropped. I thought, "This is too real and on the nose for Disney! Are they trying to make up for Fantasia, Song of the South, and the crows from Dumbo with this?"

And you know those otters were black.

A black person was definitely involved, had to be

Those otters were black, yeah

Much rather racists pretend they weren't than what we have now.

I mean, they run most of the big cities in America and nearly every one of them has a Black section of the city rife with police brutality and economic deprivation that they dont do a fucking thing about. The only reason to even fuck with them is because apathy is a better alternative than the active malice that resides on the other side of the aisle.

Slayven

I mean, they run most of the big cities in America and nearly every one of them has a Black section of the city rife with police brutality and economic deprivation that they dont do a fucking thing about. The only reason to even fuck with them is because apathy is a better alternative than the active malice that resides on the other side of the aisle.

pretty much

Izuna

Banned
Fine, I'll switch up my vocabulary and say wince instead. Almost no one here grows up knowing anyone else saying nigga so even black folk here sound like they're white people trying to be cool.

Apart from Kano. He's good.

Apply for an iternational black card

There is no black card

As a mixed raced English dude, I shamelessly have the white boy stance where I wait until I hear it used as endearment before it becomes unlocked

Otherwise, I would constantly end up being the only dude for a couple square miles who have ever ushered nigga

I'm really just attempting to change the subject

Slayven

Fine, I'll switch up my vocabulary and say wince instead. Almost no one here grows up knowing anyone else saying nigga so even black folk here sound like they're white people trying to be cool.

Apart from Kano. He's good.

As a mixed raced English dude, I shamelessly have the white boy stance where I wait until I hear it used as endearment before it becomes unlocked

Otherwise, I would constantly end up being the only dude for a couple square miles who have ever ushered nigga

I'm really just attempting to change the subject

Aren'y you getting a switch?

A lot of people will be the only dudes with that for square miles

Izuna

Banned
Ferrero rocher is gross. There I said it.

more for me then

*eats another*

don't make ferrero rocher the only thing you eat a whole day. after 10, you're still hungry but fell sick

I wanna get real food but I also got gifted money and I'm thinking of saving it for bigger things. I'm willing to wait for it.

What's wrong with Floyd Mayweather?

edit:
in case it's not obvious, I'm invoking another meme you might hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom