• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Happi berthday

3OT7V1g.jpg

Me and my girlfriend don't do horror movies but we decided to see Get Out opening day after seeing the first trailer. It reminds me of the fuckery Matt Damon was saying years ago about it being more important for people of color to be in front of the screen than behind it. The concept for Get Out wouldn't exist otherwise.
Cause that's worked out SO WELL for everyone else that's gotten out of the hardware business. For one thing, Splatoon, Arms, and Pikmin wouldn't exist if they were just making games. For another, they'll more likely turn games into their new hanafuda cards than anything else. You should expect more apps and toys and theme parks if they get out of hardware, not Zelda on your PS4. I mean, with the money in Amiibo and iOS, they'll do more of that than anything else. Plus all those lesser IP would be completely dead. No more Fire Emblem. No more Sin & Punishment. Hell, 80% of the Smash Bros cast would be completely done. No, it's much better that we have a third company that's doing something completely different than the stripped down PC you hook to your TV approach.
That's pretty much the main reason why I keep buying Nintendo systems. I already own a PS4 and a PC, them making another one of those wouldn't get me to get their hardware.

Izuna

Banned
I.
FUCKING.
HATE.
GINGER.
BEER.

Worst negative surprise of my life. I damn near choked on it. That and coconut water are on my "not even if I'm drunk" list.

This is proof right here that Carribean and African black people are totally different

--

Man, where's the salt? I knew not to trust this French place to make Jamaican food.

Malyse

Thank the maker lol. No one else would, but I'd miss you, buddy..

Come on, Slayven..you can do it!

Well I cheat. You can up your intoxication if you do some things. Like, do some light cardio to get your blood flowing, use a combo of alcohol and caffeine to simultaneously stimulate and depress your body (which make you feel way more drunk), use high proof liquor with lots of juice to prevent hangovers, etc etc. I've never had a hangover and I only maintain a happy buzz.

Foul as fuck.

I've seen black people try and defend this nonsense. I don't care if Danny Rand was a white guy, the character doesn't work outside of the comics. He's a privileged white man who somehow gains mystical Asian powers. That trope is played out. Come on. If you really want a damn culture clash, make Rand an Asian American who never got in touch with his culture or too spoiled to care or something like that. It can be done.

Slayven

Evening.

Bu..... But i paid 500 pound. And the site said my card was posted....... ohh 😞
I will take good care of the money
Damn that is foul, that is why i hope they would do it different. Cause i knew when they did it you would not hear from the dude again
That's why you shouldn't have slept on it.

Might as well be.

92285adcc8ce7988d7f20576375bb21e.jpg

You know you ain't shit. I still like you, but you ain't shit. Like Charlie Murphy.

You've pretty much sold the endgame then, eh?
When will your review of Horizons be up, it will be the only one i read
Hypnotiq and Sprite go well together.

I always imagined you as a Port or Brandy guy

akira28

privileged white man who travels Asia and gains mystic powers is probably a trope older than radio. But that shouldn't stop them from having more male Asian characters and putting shine on them. But the special white man with mystical Asian knowledge is a fantasy they'll be hard pressed to let go of.

Furyous

what should I eat? I can spend like £30 at any takeaway for myself.

Don't bother saying Italian because I live in a shithole that doesn't have that.

I'm considering Whisky but I never drink on my own

That's at least $45 while you bullshitting.. I'm the master of stunting on takeaway so let me help you out. Do they have subway over there? There has to be a pizza hut. Two large pizzas and two 20 wing orders should get you to the 30 euro mark.

Whisky is some weak shit. Get you some Jose Cuervo, some 151, some Gin, toss in some lemonade and sprinkle a smidge of lemon. You'll be on cloud 9 in no time.

Izuna

Banned
That's at least $45 while you bullshitting.. I'm the master of stunting on takeaway so let me help you out. Do they have subway over there? There has to be a pizza hut. Two large pizzas and two 20 wing orders should get you to the 30 euro mark.

Whisky is some weak shit. Get you some Jose Cuervo, some 151, some Gin, toss in some lemonade and sprinkle a smidge of lemon. You'll be on cloud 9 in no time.

I got my (fake) Jamaican food for £17. That Sweet Potato cake hit the spot, though.

If you think Whisky is weak, we can't be more than just friend.

Furyous

I got my (fake) Jamaican food for £17. That Sweet Potato cake hit the spot, though.

If you think Whisky is weak, we can't be more than just friend.

Cheap real whisky or the expensive whisky? Real whisky makes your body cringe and hair stand up like a monster is coming.

Izuna

Banned
Cheap real whisky or the expensive whisky? Real whisky makes your body cringe and hair stand up like a monster is coming.

I mean, there's lots of different kinds

I'm a Scotch person myself (Highland Park 12y is the best) but I also like Jameson

JD is gross and no one should drink it

When will your review of Horizons be up, it will be the only one i read

I think my next review is the Switch itself and the entire launch lineup.

I always imagined you as a Port or Brandy guy

Rum is my poison of choice. I'll mess with with a Gin and Tonic. When I was a bartender, I got into beer: hefeweisen, belgian white, a nice irish red. I also do white wines.

Kenan is this generation's Bill Cosby without the scandals

He's one of the longest cast members on SNL ever, without no major problems. You have to applaud that.

Izuna

Banned
He's one of the longest cast members on SNL ever, without no major problems. You have to applaud that.

He's damn hilarious, especially this Weekly Update haha

I grew up watching Kenan & Kal (which I suspect were reruns because I'm not that old or something), I didn't know he was still on TV until I discovered SNL during this election cycle.

akira28

Hate how they basically used black soldiers as disposable strategic weapons. And it is a source of pain and shame that buffalo soldiers mission was part of the greater starvation plan and genocidal tactics of the US government.

anyone who would try to bring that up as a point in an argument is probably a snake. but I would first have to see their face.

edit: nah, toss snake into the bushes. he's saying they treated the native americans that way because they were black and they were also oppressed? no. slither away.

akira28

Trump won...I hope that doesn't hurt the chances of Publix coming to DC.

I've also noticed an increased incidence of Trump supporters on call in radio shows, with terrible arguments, forcing the hosts to have to hang up on them. And then they call back.

one caller Friday was upset because the movie clip contained the word nigger, being said by a black historical figure. and he said that if a white radio show had played it....
the female host wanted to pull his head through the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom