• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Randy Gene Motherfuckin Moss

But doesn't the fact he never had a consistent top tier quality WR do better for Brady? That every year he won, he won with basically niggas who did not matter unless they were with the Patriots? The year he didn't win and should have ideally, was with the GOAT WR. He has been a great QB for 10 years, has won, has the stats, people prop up the QB more than anyone else. If two teams with two great QBs are facing off, it's always QB vs QB even though they don't face off against each other

To answer your first question: yes, and he's done great without one. I'll comment on the WR stuff and consistency below, but I can agree with the rest.

Here's the thing though - Brady and Belichek do win with basically a random assortment of guys Bill drafts in the 3rd round after he trades his 1st rounder for the 19th consecutive year, then when those players leave, you never hear from them again with very very few exceptions.

So, yeah, you need good players, but at this point, it is just have Brady, Bill, and some good players. Not great, just good enough.

All I'm getting from what you're saying is that you have to be super relevant without the Pats, or be consistently with them to get recognition. But to me, it feels like regardless of how irrelevant they'd potentially be without the team, they were relevant there. They did something there. They stepped up there.

Just because they only did something while on the Patriots, and/or probably won't be relevant beyond their stay on the team, doesn't mean they didn't fill a role in each championship game he won. Not being a top 10 of x position doesn't make them any less vital during that moment they had, especially in today's game. I'm not sure how else to put that, and I don't think any of our mind's are changing here, but Brady was saved by his team tonight.

He wouldn't have won without them, but he's catching that praise despite poor performance for the first half. I don't think you have to be great in every game to get praise where praise is due.

Maybe I'm talking in circles, but TL DR;

He wouldn't have won today without his team.
Just because they aren't on a greatest of x position list doesn't mean they didn't step up tonight, or in prior championships.
Edelman deserves a pat on the back for that catch alone, guy out here looking like he got glue on his gloves.
Belichick the true GOAT of that team for knowing the most elite comps and working with what he has in the best of ways, let's be honest.

---

Anyway, I'm out. Night, BCT. I took an L this football season, anyway, shoo'. Maybe next year.

LionPride

Banned
All I'm saying is, Brady made Danny "Stones for hands in STL" Amendola look good
Made Deion Branch look good
Made Wes Welker look phenomenal
made Edelman more than a ST guy
Made Chris Hogan get paid next year

Brady did that. Those guys ain't shit if most QBs are throwing their way

http://m.imgur.com/51YmfIJ,5cDcaIG,kKsU5hf,fsPY7rU,zmNoD6d

I'm salty as fuck right now at anything Georgia. Picture of you with a woman..Asian or otherwise. Ask Kreed to Photoshop some shit..I don't care. You've got 24 hours, hoe..

KillerJoe10.jpg

---

Gnite, sis!

Nudull

Banned
Good lord, the Ratchet & Clank movie is an absolute chore to watch. Most of the charm and wit from the original game has been replaced with every kid-movie cliche you could think of for the sake of padding out an hour and 15 minutes. Hell, the movie goes out of its way to spoil the big twist of the first game's plot, hammering in every last unnecessary plot beat so that everyone and their grandma sees it a mile away.

Jeez, I've been doing 3D Modeling all weekend. I got so bored, I just started making parts and now I'm a week ahead of the rest of my class. I wish I was this motivated to do my homework this early in other classes =/

andthebeatgoeson

So does Manning, your point? Dude has been put in situations to succeed and did. For the last 10 years he has been one of the best QBs in the league every year except the year Pollard tore apart his knee. And before 2007, he was really good. He is the GOAT. Montana did his shit with Rice most of his entire career. Does he get credit even though he had the second best WR ever on his team?

Millennials. Randy Moss? Nah, B. Rice has like most, if not all receiving records. Still has the bulk of them by a green country mile. Before the explosion of passing ever happened. Randy was great but Jerry was before everyone's time. Will probably have all the records for a few decades unless someone can beat the cap.

Akainu

I mean watching some kid running around like a whirlwind of violence just seems boring if you know nothing is going to happen to them.

akira28

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan c.1600 AD

"O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with his naked ass? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother."

LionPride

Banned
Millennials. Randy Moss? Nah, B. Rice has like most, if not all receiving records. Still has the bulk of them by a green country mile. Before the explosion of passing ever happened. Randy was great but Jerry was before everyone's time. Will probably have all the records for a few decades unless someone can beat the cap.
Randy is the greatest to me. Straight up. Wasn't nothing like him

BCT had an infiltrator again? I only read back three pages

Morning everyone, back to the grind. Salty about the Falcons choking but I'm over it, main focus can be on NBA now.

Malyse

Good lord, the Ratchet & Clank movie is an absolute chore to watch. Most of the charm and wit from the original game has been replaced with every kid-movie cliche you could think of for the sake of padding out an hour and 15 minutes. Hell, the movie goes out of its way to spoil the big twist of the first game's plot, hammering in every last unnecessary plot beat so that everyone and their grandma sees it a mile away.
Video game movies in 2017.

My office is freezing right now. I guess this is karma since for the last 2 months my team has been complaining that the heat was up too high and we couldn't change it.

Lord help me if these fucks don't learn to answer an email in a timely fashion.

1 hour and 30 minutes into the working week and you are already about to break your foot in someone.

BigDes

Just bought Elder Scrolls Online and the Morrowind expansion

I feel like this was probably a mistake but fuck it I loved Morrowind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom