• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I was running a Halo site that lasted about a year I had written an article detailing all of Halo 2's cut campaign stuff and what a "fully-realized" campaign might have looked like. tl;dr it would have basically been like 1.5x the size of the Halo Reach campaign with similar mission lengths.

I think Halo would be an interesting universe in the hands of good writers

The novels are usually telling stories that would be way more interesting to play through than the events in the mainline campaigns - there's a novel coming out in April where a civilian WOC is being sent on a mission to rescue a team of Spartans, and there have been, like, maybe up to two or three fully-fledged stories about civilians in the Halo universe so far.

Sch1sm

Evening.

Congrats.

Thank you, thank you. Evening, Shy. Hope the day treats you well. Mine's gonna be more studying with a side of Yoshi's Wooly World, maybe some Pokemon. Still need to beat the last island out on Moon.

---

As a fan of some of his music, Kanye already dug his grave here.

Malyse

tumblr_oko0pzNufd1w09rjio1_540.jpg

Shy

Thank you, thank you. Evening, Shy. Hope the day treats you well. Mine's gonna be more studying with a side of Yoshi's Wooly World, maybe some Pokemon. Still need to beat the last island out on Moon.
My day is going. Thank you for asking.

Break a leg with your studying. And i hope you have fun with your gaming.

Izuna

Banned
I'm getting this vibe that I am getting scammed at this place and it's real weird.

And I'm hoping it's the landlords being incompetent.

Kreed

Most of those are valid but they are reaching with the Rashida Jone one:

Kidada Jones says that her famous sister Rashida used to pass for white back when they were in school. She told Glamour Magazine,

“I didn’t want my mother to come to my new school. If kids saw her, it would be: “your mom’s white!” I told Mom she couldn’t pick me up; she had to wait down the street in her car. Did Rashida have that problem? No! She passed for white.”

Rashida didn't even say the quote they are quoting, among other things.

Malyse

Writing is hard.

But I think I have a story that actually works now. It's funny, but what was initially the background of the story is now the focus. I'm not sure if I can salvage either of the first two drafts into this version.

Writing is hard.

But I think I have a story that actually works now. It's funny, but what was initially the background of the story is now the focus. I'm not sure if I can salvage either of the first two drafts into this version.

So you think there is no way to fuse parts of the two drafts and make the background the main story?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
After talking to my girl last night, I really think that Sandy Hook is what truly cemented my disappointment in my fellow man, and made me more depressed overall. The fact a man in America can go into a school, murder over 2 dozen kids, and the only thing that changed was the rebuilding of the school (and teardown of the killer's house)? There's something that's so fundamentally wrong with that I have a hard time coping.

Sup y'all. I'm not in a good place right now.

Malyse

Is it bad that I forget Kidada exists most of the time...

nah

And her like 8 brothers and sisters.

So you think there is no way to fuse parts of the two drafts and make the background the main story?

Nope. Fundamentally changed premise.

After talking to my girl last night, I really think that Sandy Hook is what truly cemented my disappointment in my fellow man, and made me more depressed overall. The fact a man in America can go into a school, murder over 2 dozen kids, and the only thing that changed was the rebuilding of the school (and teardown of the killer's house)? There's something that's so fundamentally wrong with that I have a hard time coping.

http://obviousplant.com/
http://tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com/
http://no-chill-at-all.tumblr.com/

Try to laugh.

LionPride

Banned
Every time I tell people that Rashida Jones is mixed they tell me no

Same with Pete Wentz

And Wentworth Miller

Then niggas got black in em. Accept it. They have.

Dude, you ain't the only one. Sandy Hook was the day my optimism in a brighter future died. A group of children were mowed down and nothing was done about it. No new gun regulations or anything. Just shameful all around.

And her like 8 brothers and sisters.

Nope. Fundamentally changed premise.

http://obviousplant.com/
http://tumblr.tastefullyoffensive.com/
http://no-chill-at-all.tumblr.com/

Try to laugh.

Oh. Huh. Well good luck with your writing, then!

-------------

So, I've been doing some thinking about myself and realized I've reached a point where I want my social circle to be a bit bigger. I have a good group of friends, but it's small and I'm unsure we will ever be able to plan any events to get together. Also I would really like to step out on my own and mingle with new people. There are a lot of places around my area that I could go to. A comedy club, a night club that is free with a valid ID, some restaurants, stuff like that. My work week this week is a bit short so I might take advantage of the days I have off and see what I have been missing in the downtown nightlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom