• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

We really need a new BET.

Also, thoughts on Shaun King becoming the de facto leader of BLM?

who made him the defacto leader? I could see setting him up as a decoy figure-head.

edit: once Operation Caliphate kicks off I mean, they don't need that kind of business right now. But once things kick off, let the Feds tail and surveil him instead of the real shot callers.

akira28

Well the media is a tool of you name it. I won't give it much truck, they'll say anything and they do. Won't stick with anyone that matters, but let Real America think whatever.

edit: oh yeah, this also matters. which media? mainsteam media? sell out liberal media?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
"There are more black people in Beyonce than in Trump's cabinet."

1h10QTo.jpg

Malyse

Well the media is a tool of you name it. I won't give it much truck, they'll say anything and they do. Won't stick with anyone that matters, but let Real America think whatever.

edit: oh yeah, this also matters. which media? mainsteam media? sell out liberal media?

Like CNN or something. I was a following a link from twitter.

More referring to the fact that the media has started saying "Shaun King, leader of the Black Lives Matter movement". Saw that pop up in an article the other day and was like, huh.

Doesn't surprise me, Breitbart and Milo ran a smear campaign last year and he's s convenient boogeyman now

So, I've been looking at Nioh for PS4 and it looks pretty damn good. Like a Japanese demon souls. You know what I mean. Anyways, might have to pick it up down the line. But there are other games I haven't played yet like:

Killing floor 2

Wasteland 2 directors cut

Zombie Army Trilogy

Yakuza 0

Gravity Rush 2

Witcher 3 complete edition

Gambit61

Dude came out as black and gay. then disappeared. Captain Cold was his first big job in a LOOOOONGGGG time considering he was a lead in a HUGE show

It was cool to see the Prison Break bros together on the Flash the last few seasons. Still have to check out Legends of Tomorrow sometime, haven't seen a single episode yet. Anyone here watch it and/or Supergirl?

LionPride

Banned
It was cool to see the Prison Break bros together on the Flash the last few seasons. Still have to check out Legends of Tomorrow sometime, haven't seen a single episode yet. Anyone here watch it and/or Supergirl?

Season 1 of Legends is actual ass

Season 2 of Legends ramps it up to 11 and has not slowed down a bit

Season 1 of Supergirl is pretty decent

Season 2 of Supergirl is currently the second best DCTV show

Had an episode dealing with Jimmy's black rage in the workplace

LotusHD

Banned

Wat. No.

I always wanted to play a Yakuza game and 0 sounds like a good place to start.

Literally never heard of the series until now myself. Was considering picking it when it's cheaper. Although apparently there's not many copies in stock, so maybe that's not happening lmao

Gambit61

Thanks, looks like all add them to my queue!

LionPride

Banned

Arrow
Supergirl
Flash
Legends

And they are all doing well in terms of their stories

Arrow is beastin again, Supergirl is really really good, Flash has fallen behind but will hopefully get back again, and I'm loving what Legends is doing with the Legion of Doom

None of em touch Dat SHIELD tho

LotusHD

Banned
Arrow
Supergirl
Flash
Legends

And they are all doing well in terms of their stories

Arrow is beastin again, Supergirl is really really good, Flash has fallen behind but will hopefully get back again, and I'm loving what Legends is doing with the Legion of Doom

None of em touch Dat SHIELD tho

Not that it wasn't better before, but that last LoT episode definitely solidified the show being better than Supergirl. Also they got the most entertaining cast out of everybody right now.

To me, it's:

Arrow
Legends

And then Flash and Supergirl change spots every now and then. Though gun to my head, Supergirl is still the worst, because at least Flash has more characters I like, Draco Malfoy, as well as a relevant villain.
Yea I know another speedster is dumb at this point, but what does Supergirl got?
Also Guardian is just... ugh. The show has cute/endearing moments like Alex coming out, and Martian Manhunter does some great scenes, overall it's still lacking. Definitely better than S1 though.

---

And yes, SHIELD is #1.

Izuna

Banned

Like...

Only times I'm been referred to as black were when I was staying with a ex-friend's family for a little bit. So in that way I really get why these celebs are saying what they're saying.

My brother, who's as dark as Luke Cage, he's black. It feels strange to consider

myself in the same group when I know less people will consider me to be, treat as such, and especially when my skin is somewhat objectively halfway to what a white dude's is.

I think non-white (or Asian) is pretty much the key difference here. To racists, if you're Asian or non-white, you're "brown" or not "normal". So in that sense, from that perspective, I'm black and so are these celebs. In a world without that craziness, they're describing themselves in a way that doesn't care how society/insitutional racism would see it.

~~

Now for Karrine Steffans' quote. If she really said that shit, the fuck is up with her.

Malyse

So.
I was watching the Tidal SNL sketch with Ariana Grande (cuz internet hole) and I was curious about her height cause she looks tiny. So I google it (5 feet, if you're wondering) but it was the related questions that weirded me right out. Not only did it have an answer for what her bra size was, it had a detailed analysis of her body shape and its relative aesthetics. Celebrity culture is fucking weird.

LionPride

Banned
Not that it wasn't better before, but that last LoT episode definitely solidified the show being better than Supergirl.

To me, it's:

Arrow
Legends

And then Flash and Supergirl change spots every now and then. Though gun to my head, Supergirl is still the worst, because at least Flash has more characters I like, Draco Malfoy, as well as a relevant villain.
Yea I know another speedster is dumb at this point, but what does Supergirl got?
Also Guardian is just... ugh.

---

And yes, SHIELD is #1.
That's fair, I'm just still giving the show goodwill for being so good before the crossover

Flash has fallen in quality since Season 1, but it's still really good.

Izuna

Banned
So.
I was watching the Tidal SNL sketch with Ariana Grande (cuz internet hole) and I was curious about her height cause she looks tiny. So I google it (5 feet, if you're wondering) but it was the related questions that weirded me right out. Not only did it have an answer for what her bra size was, it had a detailed analysis of her body shape and its relative aesthetics. Celebrity culture is fucking weird.

But that's mostly for agencies etc. if she were to do modelling ~~ it would be in her casting profiles anyway.

Malyse

I can't believe that I'm finally getting a Runaways TV show. Runaways was the first comic I actually read. Like, I had zeitgeist knowledge of characters from movies and cartoons, but Runaways was the first time I actually read a physical comic
well, it was actually the Marvel Digests that I read but I eventually caught up and read the floppy comics too
. Now if we can get Young Avengers (which is such a no brainer).

So.
I came to this realization when I noticed that feet commonly showed up whenever you start typing a female celebrities name in most search engines.

So Supergirl is worth diving into? It's on my Netflix queue but I've dragging my feet. The last CW show I tried (the 100), I just couldn't get into. Also cause pop music in a [futuristic] sci-fi show is a major offence in my book.

Slayven

Flash needs to hang up the evil speedsters.

They should do Johnny Sorrow next, he is not a speedster but he can stop them

Caim

So, I've been looking at Nioh for PS4 and it looks pretty damn good. Like a Japanese demon souls. You know what I mean. Anyways, might have to pick it up down the line. But there are other games I haven't played yet like:

Killing floor 2

Wasteland 2 directors cut

Zombie Army Trilogy

Yakuza 0

Gravity Rush 2

Witcher 3 complete edition

Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0 are amazing.

LotusHD

Banned
So Supergirl is worth diving into? It's on my Netflix queue but I've dragging my feet. The last CW show I tried (the 100), I just couldn't get into. Also cause pop music in a [futuristic] sci-fi show is a major offence in my book.

Honestly I only watched a few episodes of the first season, including the one where they did a crossover with the Flash. I just skipped to the second season where it was on the CW, quality stepped up to an acceptable point. It's an okay show, if you love the portrayal of the actress that plays Supergirl, then you'll probably like it well enough.

Flash needs to hang up the evil speedsters.

They should do Johnny Sorrow next, he is not a speedster but he can stop them
How deep into his rogues gallery they go so far?

Supergirl just looks like Smallville with slightly better effects cause it's been like ten years. Which isn't bad I don't mind Smallville it's just not my thing.

LionPride

Banned
Melissa Benoist is such a good actor and so damn great as Kara that I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the show. And the dude playing Superman is really good for the three episodes he's been in it.

Supergirl just looks like Smallville with slightly better effects cause it's been like ten years. Which isn't bad I don't mind Smallville it's just not my thing.
I want the Rogues to be the villains for a season or two damn it

Supergirl is so much better than Smallville holy shit. That's an insult to my being with that comparison. The hell.

Slayven

They had some obscure ones like Multiplex, and the sand dude.

Kara acts like she is 13, that kinda annoyed me.

Maybe we will get a grown ass Power Girl show.

Nudull

Banned
You ever feel like you've either outgrown your own generation, or just that your generation is leaving you behind? Like, no matter how hard you try, you always feel like an alien to most everyone?

Sch1sm

You ever feel like you've either outgrown your own generation, or just that your generation is leaving you behind? Like, no matter how hard you try, you always feel like an alien to most everyone?

You need a Spotify Discover Weekly and some pop culture injected into your veins.

lol I know just jokes.. Happy for you though!

Thank you, thank you. \o/

You cancel your Switch preorders yet or are you still holding out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom