• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
Some folks will defend anything..

8pTSVjV.gif

People still caping this dude to this day.

Sch1sm

Aren't Tyra's and Terrence's brown? I'm looking at them and they look brown.

Nope. Both green. Tyra's are more a hazel/green. Terrence's are full on green, just a brown ring in the middle. I'll share photos:

We judging by blood now? Thought we were above this, BCT. SMH.

Nah, not at all. I just had to take the jab at Feenix. It was there.

Ain't that about a...

I'm about to go Super Delozaiyan 4 on this thread

I accept you, even if your bl to asian ratio is like 1:2.

I've always found my eyes boring. Only thing I would change if I could. Although more and more people tell me how beautiful my eyes are so idk

Mine don't know what they want to do. They're brown, then they have a lighter brown ring around them, then a blue ring. End of the day, though, I don't think there's anything crazy special about coloured eyes over brown eyes. I suppose they're more noticeable? But outside of that...

Brown eyes can be beautiful. A lot of people discount them because they're "common." There's so much variance, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nope. Both green. Tyra's are more a hazel/green. Terrence's are full on green, just a brown ring in the middle. I'll share photos:

Nah, not at all. I just had to take the jab at Feenix. It was there.

I accept you, even if your bl to asian ratio is like 1:2.

Mine don't know what they want to do. They're brown, then they have a lighter brown ring around them, then a blue ring. End of the day, though, I don't think there's anything crazy special about coloured eyes over brown eyes. I suppose they're more noticeable? But outside of that...

Brown eyes can be beautiful. A lot of people discount them because they're "common." There's so much variance, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know I see a light brown and isn't that what hazel is, light brown?

Sch1sm

I don't know I see a light brown and isn't that what hazel is, light brown?

Hazel isn't limited to brown, no. It's a mix of brown and green, it's a consistent shift. It can change from day to day, lighting, clothing, all that. It's hard to find photos where it's super obvious. There can be a dominant colour within hazel, but it doesn't eliminate the fact green exists within it. I personally see green in all of those photos, to some extent, but hey. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D i Z

So glad i stocked up on Pringles today. I'mma need all of these tubs to get through the delicious scalping that's going on in here today.

Izuna

Banned
Then, go for it~ Let us know your ancestry results. If you're over 41% black, you've beat out Feenix.

There's no way. I imagine there's gunna be more Jamaican than I thought (since apparently, my Mum has cousins that look just like her living there), but the only thing that's going to be that high is whiteness.

8 weeks is a long af time. It's gunna be interesting.

I might ask my Mum if she wants to do it too.

Sch1sm

There's no way. I imagine there's gunna be more Jamaican than I thought (since apparently, my Mum has cousins that look just like her living there), but the only thing that's going to be that high is whiteness.

8 weeks is a long af time. It's gunna be interesting.

I might ask my Mum if she wants to do it too.

I can't justify spending money on those tests. My parents got lists 20 generations and then some long of their ancestry. At best, I'm like max 5% of some country that colonized Somalia way back when, if that.

I'm hella curious, though, on the other hand. What if there's something I'm not being told, or even they're not aware of? I mean, I still don't expect it to be very prevalent. I can vouch at least as far back as my great grandparents that I'm hella, hella, hella black.

Call me when Ono gets smart and let's Dee Jay back in the club.

Honestly, it's a long time coming before he reintroduces old characters. This season is all new heads.

Izuna

Banned
I can't justify spending money on those tests. My parents got lists 20 generations and then some long of their ancestry. At best, I'm like max 5% of some country that colonized Somalia way back when, if that.

I'm hella curious, though, on the other hand. What if there's something I'm not being told, or even they're not aware of? I mean, I still don't expect it to be very prevalent. I can vouch at least as far back as my great grandparents that I'm hella, hella, hella black.

From what I was told, my ancestors are Greeks who moved to Jamaica and set up an Orthodox church. The older I get the more I understand why my Mum obsesses over that piece of history haha.

That, and I wanna know what I'm desperately missing in my soup so I can make a super beige baby. (quarter serious)

Shy

I edited my post to clarify.

The way the justice system and social hierarchy works in terms of fucking over people who help others is something, and a big part of what the game is about. People out there also seem to think it's made to satirize issues in western justice systems but it's not. The issues on display in the game are entirely Japanese, but also present in Taiwan and China.

I heard of a story from my friend where a high school kid with a severe brittle bone condition attended this school that had no accommodation for that at all. So he couldn't get to class, which was up a flight of stairs.

So another kid volunteered to help this kid walk up the stairs, every day, for over a year. But one day, he tripped, and the kid with brittle bones had to go to the hospital for it.

The parents sued. The volunteering kid got sent to prison for years because his family couldn't afford to pay up. When he finally got out of prison, years later, he was interviewed and said that he'd learned never to help others again.

In Taiwan's legal system, who wins a case often comes down to who suffered more harm rather than who was at fault.

So, for example, if a car and a scooter are in a crash, the scooter will generally win regardless of who caused the crash, because the person on the scooter will generally suffer greater injuries as a result of the crash than somebody in a car.

There's some interesting stuff at play here.

Keep in mind, I'm not pointing this out to pick on Asian societies or say they're bad, it's just a problem that happens that Persona is exploring, and I find it insanely interesting.

It really is good at handling the societal malaise toward well, everything.
People just straight up don't give a fuck if their kids are getting beaten and abused as long as it secures them a better college which will secures them a better job and social position through osmosis.

I wish it wasn't reflective of life, but first hand experience tells me better.

Shits fucked.

And yeah I really really wanted to see Pat and especially Woolie talk about this. Ah well. Such is life.

Edit:
Take what happens with Ryuji, Kamoshida legit breaks his leg, but since he struck him first and is an authority figure, it's brushed under the rug and forgotten whole everybody blames him for how bad everything went when he's the actual victim. The legal system is designed to cater to authority and power first while kids and those under that power are left in a position of vulnerability.
It's the MC's story, and also the theme of the whole game. It's as bad as it can possibly be, with characters in a position of power, down to the staff and board of his school talking shit about him right in front of his face. The guy he stays with only took him in because he got paid to do it, and treats him like shit constantly and like a burden. The teachers literally hope he gets expelled and fucked in society so they don't have to deal with him, and they know it's wrong and know teachers shouldn't feel that way but they don't CARE. He's SUPER fucked.
Yeah. All that shit is super fucked up.
Holy shit, I found a black guy in Persona 5! It's like finding Atlantis! o.o
What was he doing though. ?

Slayven

http://www.screendaily.com/news/emotional-john-ridley-responds-to-race-questions-at-guerrilla-premiere/5116647.article

I dunno how the hell John Ridley thought this was a good idea. smh

Edit: Channged the link to the actual article that talks about it.

Ceesay, also present at the Q&A, responded with: “Wow, really? You know because you were there?”

To which the audience member replied, “No, we know this because our parents were a part of it.”

Visibly emotional and holding back tears, Ridley explained that the reasoning behind casting Pinto as the lead had to do with the fact that he is married to an Asian woman.

“I don’t want to make this overly personal, but part of why I chose to have a mixed-race couple at the center of this is that I’m in a mixed-race relationship,” the writer and show runner said.

This is not what you want

Shy

Was a bald bouncer-dude promoting a club. Minor NPC.
Yeah. That's not a positive portrayal. 😞
http://www.screendaily.com/news/emotional-john-ridley-responds-to-race-questions-at-guerrilla-premiere/5116647.article

I dunno how the hell John Ridley thought this was a good idea. smh

Edit: Changed the link to the actual article that talks about it.
This is not what you want
That more i hear about this show, the less i think i should watch it.

Slayven

New rule, only John Legend is allowed to do black history projects

Yeah. That's not a positive portrayal. ��

That more i hear about this show, the less i think i should watch it.

Sounds like it would be better to find some good books on it

zeemumu

Who would win between unhinged Reed and Unhinged Doom?

Unhinged Reed infected his entire team with a zombie virus (not sure how he got it through Ben's rock skin but whatever) because he was like "NEXT STEP OF EVOLUTION, PEOPLE!" and then Doom sends Ash into another dimension to find the Necronomicon to spite Reed.

Nudull

Banned
Unhinged Reed infected his entire team with a zombie virus (not sure how he got it through Ben's rock skin but whatever) because he was like "NEXT STEP OF EVOLUTION, PEOPLE!" and then Doom sends Ash into another dimension to find the Necronomicon to spite Reed.

Is there a Reed in the multiverse that hasn't gone crazy-evil or turned into a chump?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Is there a Reed in the multiverse that hasn't gone crazy-evil or turned into a chump?

probably quite a few. but theres a good chance they are all sensible family men, and thats not interesting for reeds. thats why we have so many crazy ass variants

zeemumu

if this is a serious question, alucard ate shrodinger. time fuckery wont help dio

Even without Schrodinger, DIO can only stop time for a short time. Yeah it increases gradually, but it's still not indefinite. And Alucard is immune to standard vampire weaknesses and can turn into mist. DIO's still weak to sunlight and his regenerative abilities aren't nearly up to the same standard as Alucard. This seems like an endurance match in Alucard's favor. He just doesn't have the tools to kill Alucard. The World can punch him all he wants but that ain't doing shit.

It'd be like DIO fighting Kars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom