• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Okay okay, I'll listen. I won't get involved.

(I did post here for an opinion so I won't be stubborn).

I gotta learn to ignore it because I dreamt about it twice now haha.

I understand your position more than I care to, because a friend who was dating a mutual friend cheated on the guy 3 times with her ex. I stayed mum. I only felt guilty for it, really, 'cause lord knows he spent that whole summer stressing out because she was acting different.

Some of us convinced her to tell him after the 2nd time. He forgave her. Girl breaks up with him a couple months later than mentions the 3rd time. I never told him I knew. Part of me still feels a little scummy for it when I think back, but it wasn't my place.

They got back together, so I just don't say shit except he's crazy.

Izuna

Banned
I understand your position more than I care to, because a friend who was dating a mutual friend cheated on the guy 3 times with her ex. I stayed mum. I only felt guilty for it, really, 'cause lord knows he spent that whole summer stressing out because she was acting different.

Some of us convinced her to tell him after the 2nd time. He forgave her. Girl breaks up with him a couple months later than mentions the 3rd time. I never told him I knew. Part of me still feels a little scummy for it when I think back, but it wasn't my place.

They got back together, so I just don't say shit except he's crazy

Sad part is that him being capable of doing that probably made it easier for her to take advantage.

~~

What I did do is mention it to the live-in landlord. Help me by coming up with other possibilities and that I don't know everything, which rids me of the guilt that I had. We both agreed that we hope she isn't cheating.

Sch1sm

It is now a hood pass. The times have changed. We gotta reinstitute the overly complicated handshake

Ain't nobody got time to stop for 5 minutes to have an over complicated dap done every time they see a nigga they know.

Sad part is that him being capable of doing that probably made it easier for her to take advantage.

That's often the case, really. Just rest easy with it. Guy wouldn't want to hear it from you, anyway. If it bugs you that much, tell her you see it and you're not saying anything, but you don't rate it.

Don't lose good sleep over things that aren't your problem.

Numb

It is now a hood pass. The times have changed. We gotta reinstitute the overly complicated handshake
Time to learn all the steps
Real talk my white friends don't even bother with it and I never intiate
Different story for the others especially when in passing
Ain't nobody got time to stop for 5 minutes to have an over complicated dap done every time they see a nigga they know.

That's often the case, really. Just rest easy with it. Guy wouldn't want to hear it from you, anyway. If it bugs you that much, tell her you see it and you're not saying anything, but you don't rate it.

Don't lose good sleep over things that aren't your problem.
The more you do it the faster you can pull it off later

I've always translated the nod to mean soon..

Gordon you are violent by nature tho..
See Crimson threat 5 min ago

Lol. I don't think they want to experience like Cage rage. They couldn't even handle the show

Time to learn all the steps
Real talk my white friends don't even bother with it and I never intiate
Different story for the others especially when in passing

The more you do it the faster you can pull it off later

My white friends already understand. It's funny seeing someone moving into a black neighborhood and trying to figure out how to acknowledge people. Just treat everyone like a person and you're good. Not too hard

Sch1sm

Cut it to 45 seconds and a phrase that's​ exclusive

My nigga

giphy.gif

Numb

Lol. I don't think they want to experience like Cage rage. They couldn't even handle the show

My white friends already understand. It's funny seeing someone moving into a black neighborhood and trying to figure out how to acknowledge people. Just treat everyone like a person and you're good. Not too hard
giphy.gif

Izuna

Banned
And with that, Izuna avoided making a "I told my friend his girlfriend was cheating, now he's not speaking to me. What did I do wrong GAF?" thread a few days from now.

I don't really have male friends

and I'm a junior

this story is unrealistic

So I was watching Transporter 2 on TV, and I realized there's something weird about this movie.

The plot is an assassin type badass and a little kid face off against a woman in see - through lingerie.

I look up who wrote and produced this movie: it's Luc Besson. FUCK OFF.

Numb

Who the fuck is out here telling people about the head nod!
Shits ruined now!

:sucksteeth: FUCK

(Lol)
Good while it lasted. Even Blackish didn't do this much damage

----

Izuna gonna drop a letter saying

"Your girl is getting the nookie while you are overseas - concerned neighbour"

And call it quits

Kreed

I don't really have male friends

and I'm a junior

this story is unrealistic

And this negativity is why you're in the bucket. If you want to be the next Shyega or Mrs. Manky, you got to start thinking positive. Make some friends, ask Xia/MHW for a parole hearing, start making moves.

Izuna

Banned
Izuna gonna drop a letter saying

"Your girl is getting the nookie while you are overseas - concerned neighbour"

And call it quits

Or I can play On Sight really loud and see if she makes the connection and gets guilty.

That's how I'd do it if life were a TV Series.

And this negativity is why you're in the bucket. If you want to be the next Shyega

Who?

Can someone explain what this means? I feel like in missing something.

I'll say it.

Discrimination is discrimination, but people don't get the nuance and can't see how the overall in this Venn diagram leaves plenty of room for different belief systems. I've come across many racist homosexuals. What the fuck does this have to do with life? I have no clue. That guy is a far left guy though. So...yea. soap box preaching about class warfare and race being a minor inconvenience

Numb

Can someone explain what this means? I feel like in missing something.
Is he implying since he was black his highschool friend should have understood getting discriminated against ?
Black people are just as unaccepting of gay people if not more due to deep rooted religious beliefs/masculinity etc

Is he implying since he was black his highschool friend should have understood getting discriminated against ?
Black people are just as unaccepting of gay people if not more due to deep rooted religious beliefs/masculinity etc

Probably something to do with hypocrisy when dealing with discrimination.

Prop 8 callback more than anything else. He has a history of seeing things through the "purity" lense

I'll say it.

Discrimination is discrimination, but people don't get the nuance and can't see how the overall in this Venn diagram leaves plenty of room for different belief systems. I've come across many racist homosexuals. What the fuck does this have to do with life? I have no clue. That guy is a far left guy though. So...yea. soap box preaching about class warfare and race being a minor inconvenience

One of my old bosses was a racist gay dude. An old acquaintance of mine entire family is racist..from his grandfather who travels to South America and records himself fucking black women, to his lesbian moms who assumed they learned to smoke and bought pot from me because why else would I be around? Met plenty bouncing as well.

Prop 8 callback more than anything else. He has a history of seeing things through the "purity" lense

Ahhh..got it.

akira28

zuna, yeah you gotta let dude know.

but, you also have a responsibility to not fuck up your living situation. so you have to figure out the balance. even if its a private note to the guy on your way out.

sorry to be the counter voice, lol. I didnt even read the original post yet because I'm working my way through the BCT missed posts.

I only say it because I know how much a life gets wasted spending it with someone that abuses the situation, be it your trust or your kindness.

One of my old bosses was a racist gay dude. An old acquaintance of mine entire family is racist..from his grandfather who travels to South America and records himself fucking black women, to his lesbian moms who assumed they learned to smoke and bought pot from me because why else would I be around? Met plenty bouncing as well.

Ahhh..got it.

One day the discrimination discussion needs to be had. It's like comparing being a short guy to a being a fat woman. There are a whole different set of pros and cons for each. To say they are equal is crazy. To expect understanding from both, is impossible. There are entirely different experiences for both. The acknowledgement of the issue is the first step, then you can move on to attempting to fix the problem.

From what I have seen, the lbgt community has a racism issue. So does the feminist community. So...glass houses and all

From what I have seen, the lbgt community has a racism issue. So does the feminist community. So...glass houses and all

As long as they come in different colors, there's going to be racist among them. To pretend otherwise is..well, pretending lol. Always funny when that ally switch is only flicked on certain occasions with some folks..

Don't forget

1332266110_boba_fett_horse_mask.gif

Jandro always trying to see someone else's shine. Fucking shame really

As long as they come in different colors, there's going to be racist among them. To pretend otherwise is..well, pretending lol. Always funny when that ally switch is only flicked on certain occasions with some folks..

Color is key. It's the unaccepted truth. A rich nigga is still a nigga. You can't wash off the brown. Sammy Sosa has taught them nothing

Sch1sm

I run into this a lot from white dudes, who always express huge shock that a black or Latino person can have discriminatory beliefs, or vice versa. And by a lot, I mean basically 100% of the time.

What bothers me is the lack of acknowledgement of other factors that can contribute to this, from religion onward.

The only identity they see from us is surface "black."

What bothers me is the lack of acknowledgement of other factors that can contribute to this, from religion onward.

The only identity they see from us is surface "black."

To be honest, the only monolith I see is the black one. All black people share the same experiences and beliefs. It's a scientific fact. Proven by prejudice and cherry picked, anecdotal evidence

caliph95

I mean i heard the gay community has a transphobia problem or at least a vocal minority, Milo being a popular example plus terfs exist.

Johndoey

Banned
To be honest, the only monolith I see is the black one. All black people share the same experiences and beliefs. It's a scientific fact. Proven by prejudice and cherry picked, anecdotal evidence
I can confirm. It's how I know all of you secretly love Gotham.

It's okay. Y'all can be honest.

Zekes!

One day the discrimination discussion needs to be had. It's like comparing being a short guy to a being a fat woman. There are a whole different set of pros and cons for each. To say they are equal is crazy. To expect understanding from both, is impossible. There are entirely different experiences for both. The acknowledgement of the issue is the first step, then you can move on to attempting to fix the problem.

I felt like a dick this week 'cause I pulled out that "you should understand other people's discrimination because of your own discrimination" card on the kids I work with regarding them being on the autism spectrum and mocking feminism, "SJWs" and being misgendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom