• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

What bothers me is the lack of acknowledgement of other factors that can contribute to this, from religion onward.

The only identity they see from us is surface "black."

This was "fun" to argue on GAF back when Obama was elected and Prop 8 was going on. Everything from anecdotal evidence, to Hip Hop, to religion would show up in those discussions as to why the black monolith betrayed the LGBTQ community.

I felt like a dick this week 'cause I pulled out that "you should understand other people's discrimination because of your own discrimination" card on the kids I work with regarding them being on the autism spectrum and mocking feminism, "SJWs" and being misgendered.

I wish people could understand, but they don't and most won't. I think it has something to do with the levels of societal acceptance. That and the ability to insulate yourself within a community.

There will never be a short nigga community because Kevin Hart. He ruined it

caliph95

This was "fun" to argue on GAF back when Obama was elected and Prop 8 was going on. Everything from anecdotal evidence, to Hip Hop, to religion would show up in those discussions as to why the black monolith betrayed the LGBTQ community.
Not to be a dick because i'm not an expert of the american black community, why was this a surprised from what i understand the black community at least in America were never 100 LGBT community like everybody else or am i wrong.

Which should be obvious when "fag" was a popular word and rappers used to call people gays as insults

akira28

"everyone knows the blacks are the real racists. or something. so even though racism is wrong, everyone is racist. even the blacks, they're just too not smart to realize this. so we don't really have to take discrimination seriously, because everyone does it. but discrimination against 'our group' is wrong. "

"everyone knows the blacks are the real racists. or something. so even though racism is wrong, everyone is racist. even the blacks, they're just too not smart to realize this. so we don't really have to take discrimination seriously, because everyone does it. but discrimination against 'our group' is wrong. "

This sums up everything. "Fuck you niggas. It's time to get over it. It's our time to shine."

Sch1sm

It's a world of me, myself, and I, and/or fuck you, I got my own.

Not to be a dick because i'm not an expert of the american black community, why was this a surprised from what i understand the black community at least in America were never 100 LGBT community like everybody else or am i wrong.

Which should be obvious when "fag" was a popular word and rappers used to call people gays as insults

Wut

He's saying that someone that isn't involved actively in the black community had nothing but music and media to go off of. It is easy to make an incorrect assumption when these are your only sources of knowledge. The issue with this is that many with "black friends" were saying the same fucking thing

Izuna

Banned
If you're black AND gay, that's double minority, and the scales flip. You become a white dude. That's why niggas hate them. Niggas hate white people.

it's logic

Sch1sm

You're doing exactly what we're talking about, treating the African American community as a monolith. A single group with the exact same ideas, and influences. We're not. We have different upbringings, we were brought up with different cultures,

The same goes for any other race. Republicans or super Christian Caucasians were no more for LGBT freedoms than the subset of African Americans who aren't. We aren't an exception. Stop treating us like it's so black and white. I have an upbringing that's probably similar to Numb's, but differs greatly from Slayven's.

The idea that you're floating sounds as if you're saying other groups 100% backed the LGBT community, which was never the case. If that was the case, there would have never been a debate and the government would have been pressured to give into the majority wants in the same way various associations had to make changes after the Civil Rights and Women's Movements.

Sch1sm

I'm legit shook by this statement when White America makes up 220 million of the American population.

Dude got me tight.

E: fact checking, amirite

To think blacks were the single road block for the LBGT community..

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom