• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Mornin' BCT.

Kind of meh on the trailer. Maybe it's just the characters I'm not caring too much about.

Don't go burning this place down on this here Good Friday now.

Malyse

Demi lost in the Disney

Drunk on it, more like. The Last Jedi. I've been dying for SW to finally explore "light side =! right or good". TOR does it on occasion: there's a mission called The Politics of Dissent where you are asked by a reporter to get some documents from a courier droid proving that a Senator is planning on selling out the Republic to the Sith. A page catches you in the act and offers to swap out your incriminating documents with some useless soil reports. The light side choice is to swap out the docs for fakes, because that's maintaining the peace and order of Coruscant. The dark side choice is to try to take the senator down. It's that nuance that I've always wanted SW to really explore. The Dark Side isn't evil, it's just passionate and energy. The Light Side isn't good, it's just order and control.

Incidentally, Kingdom Hearts has done virtually the same damn plot contrivance, which is why a Star Wars world would be so very interesting. A dark side good guy for all intents flies in the face of what the Star Wars franchise is based on.

zeemumu

Incidentally, Kingdom Hearts has done virtually the same damn plot contrivance,
which is why a Star Wars world would be so very interesting. A dark side good guy for all intents flies in the face of what the Star Wars franchise is based on.

Yeah, with
Eraqus trying to kill Ventus and Terra defending him with darkness.

Also yellow eyes and old dudes who are stronger than they look

Young Magus

All this time I thought the nod was acknowledging the existence of another black person saying you understand it

I can't help but do this everytime I meet black folks out elsewhere. Its an automatic reaction at this point

That kid thread.

Grown ass men getting shook of 10 year olds cos they laughed at em

Is it really that shocking tbh.......?

Most of the Grown Ass Men ON THIS VERY SITE act like children or at the very least are worried about everyone and everything judging and mocking them so I cant say that thread surprises me

Dai101

Banned
Physical objects can't hinder Dai

Good lord

Wrong!

The wall just encroached on your side of the border

We climb/go thru'/tunnel/swim across the border as if it where nothing. You can't stop us ese!

Snatch up your green uno cards..

Better stock in UNO playsets. Soon it will be a crime for us to own one, even digital.

Hop in my Impala. We have a corner to hang ou
t on

tumblr_mz7wobSY6v1qbjp37o1_400.gif

Hope in holmes!

tumblr_mtrf8rdcYT1qedb29o1_500.gif

**plays La Cucaracha

zeemumu

This artificial scarcity gets on my nerves, people want the shit, willing to pay for the shit, but you stop making them.

Question is: should I buy a 2nd one? I only bought one as a gift for my friend. Odds are it'll go in my room with all of the other rare junk that I board, like that Kingdom Hearts Disney Infinity disc

Zaverious

Insults can hurt from anybody although all the kids did were only giggle. Probably brought back some memories of middle school bullying or something.

Numb

Nah, Samuel ruined it for the rest of us.

Nigga got his ass electrocuted and couldn't stop Palpatine. That's when the Force said "I knew them negroes weren't cut out for the Jedi life..."
I thought black people had an affinity with electricity and slight resistance added
I can't help but do this everytime I meet black folks out elsewhere. Its an automatic reaction at this point

Not shocking tbh
Too much in the culture

D i Z

Seriously tho..how do kids make you feel like a loser? How does that work?

They see through that man baby bullshit and know they can take that fool.

Low self esteem and a history of being bullied, so half OT.

Be real. Most of these people have spent so much time in hiding that they never were bullied. It's just that commonality of being included in geekdom. Easier to get than a metro pass, even when it's disingenuous.

Drunk on it, more like. The Last Jedi. I've been dying for SW to finally explore "light side =! right or good". TOR does it on occasion: there's a mission called The Politics of Dissent where you are asked by a reporter to get some documents from a courier droid proving that a Senator is planning on selling out the Republic to the Sith. A page catches you in the act and offers to swap out your incriminating documents with some useless soil reports. The light side choice is to swap out the docs for fakes, because that's maintaining the peace and order of Coruscant. The dark side choice is to try to take the senator down. It's that nuance that I've always wanted SW to really explore. The Dark Side isn't evil, it's just passionate and energy. The Light Side isn't good, it's just order and control.

Incidentally, Kingdom Hearts has done virtually the same damn plot contrivance, which is why a Star Wars world would be so very interesting. A dark side good guy for all intents flies in the face of what the Star Wars franchise is based on.
People crap on it all the time but SWTOR has the best star wars story bar none. There's nuance and depth too it.

I feel like GAF has 2 types of members, fairly normal people with a quirk or 2 and members that grew up in a cave with no access to other people so they think they are normal.

Beefy

Ain't nothing wrong with getting in fights and being generally a shithead.

You burn out after high School. Usually.

I was the other way round. I was small as fuck until I was 16 so was bullied a lot. Then hit 6ft at 18ish and went boxing and gyming. Then turned into a bit of a arsehole until like 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom