• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Lowkey i understand the live thread of these events, but at the same time i find it ghoulish because they they become nothing but 39th hand rumors and amateur internet detectives giving out wrong info.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just beat Zelda

My only real complaint is that the boss battles seem way less inspired than the rest of the game. Like they went, "well, I guess people won't accept this without boss battles so let's put some in there." They're really basic despite one or two good ideas.

The Lynel fights are way more intense than any boss battles in the game, including the last one.

That said, the only thing I wanted to do after the game was over was play it some more. Man I will actually buy some DLC if it gives me even more stuff to do in Hyrule. What a brilliant game.

Shy

I need to get a proper computer desk for something like that.
Yeah, i'm gonna need some kind of set-up by the time i get mine. (it's the only reason i don't have a HOTAS already)
I The "fuck'em" list grows every day
Agreed.
Fate of the Furious.

Holy shit that was something else.
I believe the word you're looking for is Shlocktacular™ 😆
Morning from the east bruhs.
Morning.

Faustek

We just don't have ethnic minorities involved. Because it wouldn't be the English village with them. It just wouldn't work,
---
I'm trying to make something that appeals to a certain audience, which seems to succeed. And I don't want to change it

Man his ass hanging out

Shy

why

also, why uno, of all games
The 360 camera had just came out at the time.
And it was the first (and cheapest) game to support it at the time.

Also it was also something to do when you were bored, just pop in and out of matches and see what madness (if any) was happening.

Shy

Yeah, but what you have people doing to pay off their debts to the Irish mob is your business, Shy the Enforcer.
LMAO.
But Uno is such an innocent and harmless game! Sure sometimes fights break out, but you don't include sex and shit!
True, but this is the Xbox version. So, ya know.
HWQcs0A.gif

Would love to see an Indian-British companion or even Doctor. We've had two sistas so far (which is lit). No East Asians, older women, 1.5 male companion (Mickey counts as half)

I agree. Doc's upcoming companion is a black woman, though. I'd like to see a black woman play the Doc.

Mickey is everything people say Finn is. Dude couldn't catch a break. He got like one cool moment.

People need to stop messing with The Doctor anyway. He's worse to people than Rick Sanchez.

Faustek

I was actually thinking that the new doctor would be that clone/daughter Tennant got. But then stuff happened and Capaldi came in. I stopped watching. To much Dr.Who anyway, think I watched all the originals as well so I didn't need more.

I was actually thinking that the new doctor would be that clone/daughter Tennant got. But then stuff happened and Capaldi came in. I stopped watching. To much Dr.Who anyway, think I watched all the originals as well so I didn't need more.

Capaldi is the first Doctor since the old originals who feels like he actually cares about everyone and would do anything for people. The guy with the meanest personality and exterior is the one with the biggest heart. He puts on the meanness to distract from the fact that he's stopped thinking of himself as a god and is distraught that he can't save anyone and do anything. He's so frank people hate him.

Tennant Doctor was always a lying, self-absorbed monster trying to be a hero, and the best episodes he had (Water on Mars episodes) was the ones where he admitted it. Matt Smith was a cold, manipulative, and selfish old man with a young face, and destroyed everything he touched.

Slayven

Capaldi is the first Doctor since the old originals who feels like he actually cares about everyone and would do anything for people. The guy with the meanest personality and exterior is the one with the biggest heart. He puts on the meanness to distract from the fact that he's stopped thinking of himself as a god and is distraught that he can't save anyone and do anything. He's so frank people hate him.

Tennant Doctor was always a lying, self-absorbed monster trying to be a hero, and the best episodes he had (Water on Mars episodes) was the ones where he admitted it. Matt Smith was a cold, manipulative, and selfish old man with a young face, and destroyed everything he touched.

Yeah the companions were house plants they killed and replace.

Anyone else think Dr.Who stuff doesn't work without him? Torchwood went to crap hella quick, and the kids stuff was ok. But the universe gets boring when it starts taking tiself serious. The doctor points out how it is all bullshit adn silly

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Capaldi is a fantastic Doctor and I'm going to be sorry to see him go.

Faustek

You know that is really well put. Makes me want to see Capaldi doctor. My favourite is by no way the best, Tom Baker and that is mostly because it was then I was introduced to the series but after that I really did like the Monster, David Tennant and even there it was mostly because I did enjoy his companions more than the others.
Oh well, Amazon has the new season for cheap digitally. Maybe give it a run later on.

andthebeatgoeson

Just beat Zelda

My only real complaint is that the boss battles seem way less inspired than the rest of the game. Like they went, "well, I guess people won't accept this without boss battles so let's put some in there." They're really basic despite one or two good ideas.

The Lynel fights are way more intense than any boss battles in the game, including the last one.

That said, the only thing I wanted to do after the game was over was play it some more. Man I will actually buy some DLC if it gives me even more stuff to do in Hyrule. What a brilliant game.
Glad to here. I'm slowly making my way thru. At 50 hours and just making my way thru a second of the 4 places. When i got bored of side quests and exploration and shrines, decided to do a Divine beast.

How many hours did you put in?

Skittles

grinding for the ultima weapon in KH1 gonna kill me.

Also, currently having a giggle about the small mistakes my professor has been making. For example, in one of our homework assignments instead of a link to a lecture slides it was an article for top 10 goriest GOT deaths.

Anyone else think Dr.Who stuff doesn't work without him? Torchwood went to crap hella quick, and the kids stuff was ok.

I found out Torchwood was grimdark and I never watched it because of that. Not much into shows like that anyway. Next I'd be watching Warehouse 13.

Capaldi is a fantastic Doctor and I'm going to be sorry to see him go.

Yeah, because he's probably going to be a horrible monster again.

You know that is really well put. Makes me want to see Capaldi doctor.

Just a heads up. Capaldi takes a little bit to hit his stride, but once he does he really knocks it out of the park. I love Tom Baker too. And Paul McGann. I love Baker's voice and smile.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Also, currently having a giggle about the small mistakes my professor has been making. For example, in one of our homework assignments instead of a link to a lecture slides it was an article for top 10 goriest GOT deaths.
You know that was the study guide right?

Slayven

I found out Torchwood was grimdark and I never watched it because of that. Not much into shows like that anyway. Next I'd be watching Warehouse 13.

Yeah, because he's probably going to be a horrible monster again.

Just a heads up. Capaldi takes a little bit to hit his stride, but once he does he really knocks it out of the park. I love Tom Baker too. And Paul McGann. I love Baker's voice and smile.
Worse kind of grimdark, edgey for the sake of being edgy

Faustek

Yeah the companions were house plants they killed and replace.

Anyone else think Dr.Who stuff doesn't work without him? Torchwood went to crap hella quick, and the kids stuff was ok. But the universe gets boring when it starts taking tiself serious. The doctor points out how it is all bullshit adn silly

True enough, expecting Barrowman, Captain Jack Harkness, to carry it didn't work out at all. Not saying the rest of the cast was bad but he was the face they put up smack in the middle to draw people in.
He works really well as the Doctors companion though.

Secret Fawful, will keep that in mind. Saw that Netflix had season 8 of the new run so going to start there.

I agree. Doc's upcoming companion is a black woman, though. I'd like to see a black woman play the Doc.

Mickey is everything people say Finn is. Dude couldn't catch a break. He got like one cool moment.

People need to stop messing with The Doctor anyway. He's worse to people than Rick Sanchez.

Yea I was counting Billie when I said there have been two black women as companions.

Mickey ultimately won though cause he got with Martha (when she showed up with those braids tho, whew!). Rose didn't appreciate dude at all which is fine cause Rose was a wastegirl anyway.

Going with Doctor is most certainly going to fuck your entire world if not life up. RIP Clara (Jenna Coleman bae tho). Capaldi is easily the best Doctor.

Walked into five guys for food, A black dude and white woman walk in before me. Get my food and walk out and a crazy similar looking black dude and white woman was walking in same outfit combo and colors, black shirts and blue shorts on all 4 of them. They cloning nikkas out here for hamburger sales

Slayven

True enough, expecting Barrowman, Captain Jack Harkness, to carry it didn't work out at all. Not saying the rest of the cast was bad but he was the face they put up smack in the middle to draw people in.
He works really well as the Doctors companion though.

Secret Fawful, will keep that in mind. Saw that Netflix had season 8 of the new run so going to start there.

Except for the asian lady the rest of the characters were just assholes, and not in a good way. They were just mean and hypersexual with no other depth. Especially the "lead", she cheated on her husband and kept mindwiping him.

grinding for the ultima weapon in KH1 gonna kill me.

Is this in 1.5? Yeah, the changes made to the game makes getting Ultima Weapon more tedious because it requires killing those new heartless which most are pretty hard to beat.

Faustek

Except for the asian lady the rest of the characters were just assholes, and not in a good way. They were just mean and hypersexual with no other depth. Especially the "lead", she cheated on her husband and kept mindwiping him.

Looks like I lucked out by just watching a few episodes then.

Is this in 1.5? Yeah, the changes made to the game makes getting Ultima Weapon more tedious because it requires killing those new heartless which most are pretty hard to beat.

That's weird, one would expect a tweaked remaster to make it easier.

Dunno why I'm watching the Tycho Coachella stream, I saw em like 5 months ago and wasn't impressed that time. Still mad at how the last album sounded too close to Awake

shingi70

Banned

You just out Torchwood in a whole new light for me. Honestly I think a torchwood or Unit series could work if done properly.

Skittles

You know that was the study guide right?
Shittt, I don't even watch game of thrones. Guess i'm failing this exam

yeah, 1.5FM. i just wanna move on to COM and then KH2. The combat in the first game is just not that good.

Nudull

Banned
Got called in for a potential new job, got Full Throttle, Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy and the Disney Afternoon Collection pre-ordered for tuesday, and I just had a nice little fling with a cute girl.

This week already going well for me.

You just out Torchwood in a whole new light for me. Honestly I think a torchwood or Unit series could work if done properly.

It wouldn't take much to make Torchwood work.

1. Ease off the grimdark by ALOT
2. ??
3. Profit

Honestly giving it the same tone as Doctor Who but with a group instead of two people would easily work.

Slayven

Looks like I lucked out by just watching a few episodes then.

That's weird, one would expect a tweaked remaster to make it easier.
The first season you can cringe through, but anything after that and you are in Gotham watching Territory

There is no reason a UNIT show wouldn't work. The people that save the earth when the doctor is now, here shouldn't be that hard to get right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom