• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
I reccomend it for everyone but I get why some don't enjoy it. There is no villain besides Don and his fuckery really. But the well written characters and the fact not a single episode is bad, makes me enjoy it.

I don't find Don to be a villain.

That's Pete

Faustek

It's the same with production in all media, and in actual physical product creation. It's a snake eating it's own tail. And every dollar we send into it perpetuates it.

People will bend over backwards to support these businesses, but won't ever consider showing up to a local art gallery to support art about living. Nor support the arts not being stripped away from children and schools.

Hey I do that! Of course I'm bored out of my mind 9/10 times but that tenth time is so worth it. Was maybe 3-4 years ago a friend living further up north that convinced me to come to this little local art exhibit and this creator had made a giant Metal Gear in 1cm thick iron wiring, filled it with hay and lit the shit out of it. That was a sight to behold.
Kid wasn't more than 25 tops and had made tons of video game related statues and effigies. He burned it all and I loved every second of it.

We're still running with the same characters from 50+ years ago.

The industry is in this place because it wants to be in this place, the editors want it this way and corporate don't give a fuck about the books.

Shit like this is why we have 2-3 black solo's from both big imprints COMBINED at best.

Cape comics are stuck and nobody wants to dig them out, they just go independent.

I have a few superhero books in my reading list, but these days Image and other smaller(?) publishers are where I go to when I'm seeking new comics to check out. At least with them, they let the creators spread their wings. Of course, that leads to results or varying qualities, but at least there is enough variety to find something to like.

We're still running with the same characters from 50+ years ago.

The industry is in this place because it wants to be in this place, the editors want it this way and corporate don't give a fuck about the books.

Shit like this is why we have 2-3 black solo's from both big imprints COMBINED at best.

Cape comics are stuck and nobody wants to dig them out, they just go independent.

Time to explore the webcomic scene

Shy

Gave up around 4 eps in
Not my thing
cPMJbvq.gif

Calling it an early night. Stay safe, y'all.
Night night.

Skittles

man, the only thing i hate about going to the dentist is parts of my face being numb for hours. it's hard to even drink when your lips are loose. besides that dental trips are chill.

Movies based on Mark Millar's books tend to be watered down a little. Or at the very least, the scriptwriter excises out much of the bullshit.

I read the first Kick Ass comic, and I came to the conclusion that Mark Millar is racist. Also, I think he hates himself.

Movies based on Mark Millar's books tend to be watered down a little. Or at the very least, the scriptwriter excises out much of the bullshit.

I read the first Kick Ass comic, and I came to the conclusion that Mark Millar is racist. Also, I think he hates himself.

Whatever you do don't read the second one

Zaverious

So, am I missing something or is Dragon Ball Super actually just bad?

Note, I've only seen the Beerus part so far because I'm watching on Toonami.

Maybe I'm not giving it a fair shot because it always comes on right after Samurai Jack, which makes the Super action scenes look bad.

The action and animation gets even worse in the Ressurection of F retelling coming up. Everything goes way up when it gets to the original material after it. Storytelling... your mileage may vary lol

Slayven

I feel like I should be watching supergirl because they have one of my favorite obscure superhero on it, but I really don't like Supergirl the character in the show. I dislike her for the same reasons I can't stand Felicity in Arrow. Allways trying to be cute when you should ahve some grown ass woman in you.

Valor-DC-Heroes-RPG-Homebrew-AZ-a.jpg

Everyone had fingerless gloves in the 90s

D i Z

Night treks are the best treks when the mist rolls in. The cool crisp air encourages pushing on for more. I just wished I had dressed for a work out.

Nudull

Banned
Only reason Millar books get Hollywood attention is because they're easily marketable and tailor-made to be made into multimedia. At some point, his work basically became glorified movie scripts with storyboards.

Funny, considering that Marvel marketed the Ultimates as a summer blockbuster in comic form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom