• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

There's too much foolishness in here for a Monday evening.
cM7y8d8.jpg

Stop it.

...Oh shit.

Faustek

Morning BCT.

--

What's up with these politically brown* people having no spine and literally turn their spines into jelly as soon as someone rushes them?

*should clarify while I'm at it that brown is the color of the Nazi soldiers during Hitlers reign.

Izuna

Banned
I wish people wouldn't fight against someone calling everything fake news with fake news.

I'm embarrassed for the hypocrisy, especially when there's so much real shit to call out.

Shy

Something is wrong with Mark Millar
He's a Frank Miller level Fuckboi.

But for some reason nobody has pulled his receipts yet.
I love that film. ��
It's ok. I still love ya lil sis.
I like it. And Millar didn't write the movie, just the comic. If he did, I wouldn't watch it.
One of the things with him is though.

He specifically writes his comics as film treatments. (Because he knows they'll get optioned)

So i don't see a difference.

Faustek

I wish people wouldn't fight against someone calling everything fake news with fake news.

I'm embarrassed for the hypocrisy, especially when there's so much real shit to call out.

About people reading more...unfortunately this is the outcome. People who are in to deep anywhere will only see the inside of another asshole and think that is the world.

Izuna

Banned
Context of that line, t
he supervillain had forced the son and daughter of his foe to have sex, the daughter got pregnant and they were going to do an abortion. But if they did she would never have children again

I'm even more confused

Numb

Context of that line, t
he supervillain had forced the son and daughter of his foe to have sex, the daughter got pregnant and they were going to do an abortion. But if they did she would never have children again

The context makes it even worse

D i Z

How short would the list of comic book and anime writers be who weren't on some fucked up sexually regressive bullshit?

Shy

Context of that line, t
Actual footage of Millar in his writing process.
3XkpUTd.gif

One of the things with him is though.

He specifically writes his comics as film treatments. (Because he knows they'll get optioned)

So i don't see a difference.

The difference is that the story gets completely rewritten by a scriptwriter who probably isn't a moron at the level of Millar.

I haven't read the comic, but I'm guessing the movie and comic are barely the same.

If there were issues with it, I'd take them up more with Vaughn, because his sensibilities are pretty consistent throughout his hero/comic movies. I don't really like Kick-Ass much, but I like First Class and Kingsmen.

Numb

At this rate Sam Jackson can be in anything doing whatever and i'd be ok with it
Lord knows he is in almost everything already
Let others eat!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So, am I missing something or is Dragon Ball Super actually just bad?

Note, I've only seen the Beerus part so far because I'm watching on Toonami.

Maybe I'm not giving it a fair shot because it always comes on right after Samurai Jack, which makes the Super action scenes look bad.

So, am I missing something or is Dragon Ball Super actually just bad?

Note, I've only seen the Beerus part so far because I'm watching on Toonami.

Maybe I'm not giving it a fair shot because it always comes on right after Samurai Jack, which makes the Super action scenes look bad.

It gets a little better but it suffers SUUUUPER hard from late DBZ Toriyama "I just don't give a fuck anymore-itis".

The Goku Black stuff coming up is fun, and there's a tournament arc coming up, but all in all so far it's been pretty meh to shit IMO.

akira28

there are so many ways to do that. the writers make situations that they can't see any way out of, but someone else might say, hey so a natural abortifacient like carrot seed might undo this situation. but no, we need to have triple booby trapped wombs as a necessary conceit.

And we wonder why we're over run with man babies when we should be stretching for greater creations.

We're still running with the same characters from 50+ years ago.

The industry is in this place because it wants to be in this place, the editors want it this way and corporate don't give a fuck about the books.

Shit like this is why we have 2-3 black solo's from both big imprints COMBINED at best.

Cape comics are stuck and nobody wants to dig them out, they just go independent.

Faustek

And we wonder why we're over run with man babies when we should be stretching for greater creations.

Oh I don't wonder about it I know why and even when they praise superb material they can't see it. It's not what you get that but what you "loose" you notice. Not that I see what they loose by not having women portrayed with a waste thinner than your dick and boobs larger than grandma Belles prise winning pumpkins. Or having A superhero that breaks from the status quo of being white. Miles, Kamala and Chavez are some great characters
what I read at least.

Mad Men is honestly my favorite TV show of all time. Nothing beats it

We don't share tastes. Watched 2 episodes. Don't remember shit and deleted it from my list.

The industry is in this place because it wants to be in this place, the editors want it this way and corporate don't give a fuck about the books.

Shit like this is why we have 2-3 black solo's from both big imprints COMBINED at best.

Cape comics are stuck and nobody wants to dig them out, they just go independent.

I hear you. Anyway, on that note try to live outside of the US. I remember the only place where I ever saw anything else than The Hulk, X-men, Spidey, Avengers and F4 was once or twice a year at the larger bazaars where Hawkers where selling them. Man Christmas was literally the only other place I could get them during the 80/90s as my family overseas sent them to me or if I visited and had enough money saved up to splurge myself.
And forget about DC, it was Superman and Batman. I never saw anything of anyone else in the normal stands. Wonder Woman was a damn Unicorn.
Thank you digital age.

D i Z

It's the same with production in all media, and in actual physical product creation. It's a snake eating it's own tail. And every dollar we send into it perpetuates it.

People will bend over backwards to support these businesses, but won't ever consider showing up to a local art gallery to support art about living. Nor support the arts basics being stripped away from children and schools.

LionPride

Banned
Gave up around 4 eps in
Not my thing
I reccomend it for everyone but I get why some don't enjoy it. There is no villain besides Don and his fuckery really. But the well written characters and the fact not a single episode is bad, makes me enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom