• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Anyone here mess with a food flask/thermos (for work/school/travel purposes or whatever)? Could use some recommendations. Too many options out there, and even the best of them have some sad negative reviews that make me skeptical.

Been bugging me for ages that I often can't access a microwave at school because some of my classes run right through lunch, so I have to opt for things that can be eaten cold always. I need to just stop eating out as much, too.

Hope you're ready for rap battles

You got a story?

Holy shit! I lived in creekwood when I was a child, have family there still. I am now living near the downtown area. My house is a walk away from Taylor homes.

Thought I was playing until i started naming neighborhoods, didn't you.

We about to find out that sooperkool is Lightning's cousin/uncle or something.

He could be, Wilmington is small enough and my family is big enough that I probably both went to school with one of his parents and/or is related to him.

Thought I was playing until i started naming neighborhoods, didn't you.

He could be, Wilmington is small enough and my family is big enough that I probably both went to school with one of his parents and/or is related to him.

Yeah a bit. But damn I got surprised when you started naming Creekwood.

akira28

TO be fair it was drilled into me, don't be doing nothing when there was thunderstorm. Turn off everything, don't be on the phone, don't even take a bath. There was some nights we went to bend at like 8 because it was thundering and BIg Mama was the Law

lol you wait till you live on a farm that you added the electricity yourself, and you hear some final destination shit about yuor neighbor 10 miles up the way getting fried in his bathtub through his window because he didn't turn the lights out and get a candle. Grandma had me legit thinking lighting followed the light.

Izuna

Banned
I wish I was in Tokyo so I could ask random people what race they think this Inkling is.

wait a sec I have a sample size of 1...

akira28

the hardcore mountain witch look would probably not be mistaken for black face, but the whole 'gang girl' thing isn't as clear, and Japan is never one to explain themselves to outsider clearly anyway.

Anyone here mess with a food flask/thermos (for work/school/travel purposes or whatever)? Could use some recommendations. Too many options out there, and even the best of them have some sad negative reviews that make me skeptical.

Been bugging me for ages that I often can't access a microwave at school because some of my classes run right through lunch, so I have to opt for things that can be eaten cold always. I need to just stop eating out as much, too.
I've only used a Mr.Bento when I'm away from my shop for an extended time. It retains heat pretty good. And I can always keep my fruit at the top (room temperature) and my hots on the bottom.

Brehs, I am so pumped for the Crash N Sane Trilogy. I have been looking at the gameplay, the remastered tunes, hell I even tried to run on over to Gamestop to preorder while I was waiting for the bus to get home. I am too pumped for these remasters!

Sch1sm

I've only used a Mr.Bento when I'm away from my shop for an extended time. It retains heat pretty good. And I can always keep my fruit at the top (room temperature) and my hots on the bottom.

Zojirushi is pretty solid at that. My regular old thermos is from them, pretty much been abusing it the last 6 months but I've saved a killing on tea while at work/school. Been leaning toward them for this, too, but it seems people pretty much overlook them and jump into Stanley's, Thermos, or Hydro Flask ones.

Looked pretty hefty at first without knowledge of the container system, but then I got what you mean by the keeping your fruit at the top bit after watching the videos on that Amazon page, lol. Still imagine it's heavy set, not gonna lie.

Thanks for this one. It's something like $90 here, but it looks like it might just fit my needs better than anything else the Internet seems to suggest. Requires I carry less on me, at least.

I've got this one and it's awesome!

You, too?! Whoosh. Settled then. I'll just check out now. I trust you both.

Brehs, I am so pumped for the Crash N Sane Trilogy. I have been looking at the gameplay, the remastered tunes, hell I even tried to run on over to Gamestop to preorder while I was waiting for the bus to get home. I am too pumped for these remasters!
Looks good but when's Spyro
I have always preferred Insomniac's entries over ND's.

Kinsei

Banned

It does look really good. I appreciate them adding time trials and relics to Crash 1 and Crash 2.

Looks good but when's Spyro
I have always preferred Insomniac's entries over ND's. Except during the PS3 era.

I totally get you. Spyro is good too. Year of the Dragon is my favorite and I bet that if the N Sane Trilogy sells well, then we just might get the Spyro trilogy. So lets hope Crash sells.

Edit: Agreed, Kinsei. They really doing a good job on this remake by adding in elements from later games into the previous ones like relics.

Zojirushi is pretty solid at that. My regular old thermos is from them, pretty much been abusing it the last 6 months but I've saved a killing on tea while at work/school. Been leaning toward them for this, too, but it seems people pretty much overlook them and jump into Stanley's, Thermos, or Hydro Flask ones.

Looked pretty hefty at first without knowledge of the container system, but then I got what you mean by the keeping your fruit at the top bit after watching the videos on that Amazon page, lol. Still imagine it's heavy set, not gonna lie.

Thanks for this one. It's something like $90 here, but it looks like it might just fit my needs better than anything else the Internet seems to suggest. Requires I carry less on me, at least.

You, too?! Whoosh. Settled then. I'll just check out now. I trust you both.

It's not heavy at all and holds a lot more food than you think at first. it's double walled vacuum sealed so it's sturdy as hell. I've had mine for 4 or 5 years and it still looks like new.

zeemumu

This Samurai Jack episode is the mother of all callbacks. Damn.

Oh man, it's getting real.

That was probably the biggest use of the new rating since Jack
killed most of the Daughters of Aku

Faustek

What have you done?!?!

Well someone here recommended Maker's Mark but I kinda disliked the vanilla taste and I had bought protein pudding ice cream that didn't taste anything. So I've finished the bottle, was a small one, with the ice cream and it tasted good now.

Ganguro.

Watch the whole thing, but pay attention to 5.40.

If my memory serves, this is where i first heard about Ganguro.

Back when the this episode first aired.

LOL. Same.

In other words that's black face.

Of all the games to advertise Sony picks Let it Die

Maybe a ad deal for some sorta exclusivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom