• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

I hope this game is bat shit crazy like, full crazy person from him.

Give the fool $100M and tell him "go".
05iuyzr.gif

I hope so too.

Faustek

So any of you been to Paris? Going in a couple weeks, first time going to Europe period anyway. Anything to look out for as a black dude? Any fun shinangans to get into? How much will I be looked down upon as a tourist with remedial knowledge of the language?

By yourself?
Do the tourist things.
Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame de Paris, the Louvre, Champs-Élyséea, Père-Lachaise, Musée d'Orsay, the Concierge and the chapel there, drink wine at Chelsea Georges and such. Just to see it. Also try to walk around as much as possible. That's how I found Hotel Hugo. Just got bored and took a random route and got hungry. This was before cellphones though.

If you find Hotel Hugo walk in and ask the old lady for a house special. I can't remember where it was but was the damn best mystery meat I have eaten.

As for the language barriers, can't really say that English have failed me when I have failed my French.... Which is a lot these days.

So any of you been to Paris? Going in a couple weeks, first time going to Europe period anyway. Anything to look out for as a black dude? Any fun shinangans to get into? How much will I be looked down upon as a tourist with remedial knowledge of the language?

I'm a culture freak so these were a must
http://www.blackparistour.com/
https://www.instagram.com/blackparistours/
The Louvre
If you like Gardens, tea and pastries, Great Mosque of Paris
Rue montorgueil, cause who doesn't like a food market
Eiffel tower Is pretty much mandatory.
If you drink, hit up Moonshiner. Its a "hidden" speakeasy.

I speak french, however you don't need to worry about being fluent in it when it comes to the locals, just make sure you're polite about it, an excuse me and hello goes a long way before you say anything else.

I'm a culture freak so these were a must
http://www.blackparistour.com/
https://www.instagram.com/blackparistours/
The Louvre
If you like Gardens, tea and pastries, Great Mosque of Paris
Rue montorgueil, cause who doesn't like a food market
Eiffel tower Is pretty much mandatory.
If you drink, hit up Moonshiner. Its a "hidden" speakeasy.

I speak french, however you don't need to worry about being fluent in it when it comes to the locals, just make sure you're polite about it, an excuse me and hello goes a long way before you say anything else.
All this. Just be polite and enjoy the city, it's probably the most gorgeous place on earth from a nightlife perspective.

LionPride

Banned
Private Catholic School prom, so much white music. Not even good shit. I mean they played Before He Cheats twice. Hall & Oates, who I love, FOUR FUCKING TIMES, All the rap songs were backloaded towards the end, it was wack as shit music wise what the fuck!

Private Catholic School prom, so much white music. Not even good shit. I mean they played Before He Cheats twice. Hall & Oates, who I love, FOUR FUCKING TIMES, All the rap songs were backloaded towards the end, it was wack as shit music wise what the fuck!

so it was all Kanye, Wu Tang, Bruno Mars, Kendrick and Andre 3000 for the white music

This Samurai Jack episode is the mother of all callbacks. Damn.

Oh man, it's getting real.

That was probably the biggest use of the new rating since Jack
killed most of the Daughters of Aku

With all the blood and dick jokes you'd think they'd be allowed to show
Ashi's butt
lol

Also I understand that they probably didn't want to get any "blackface" controversy but it's kinda jarring that
her "black suit" just turned out to be partly covered skin. The girls should've been in full body black/red/green paint for an Aku motif

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Those blue eyed black babies have shocked me to my core

Aliens exist
That thread is not good for my health Jesus Christ. Most be some of the most poorly hidden racism I've seen and it's about skin tone in a video game. Why the fuck does this upset people.

Izuna

Banned
That thread is not good for my health Jesus Christ. Most be some of the most poorly hidden racism I've seen and it's about skin tone in a video game. Why the fuck does this upset people.

Black people need afros and black noses otherwise they're tanned, dark Asians, or aliens

darklin0

Banned
idk how all of you do it. I feel like I aged 10 years going through that inkling thread.

Where you're from - California
Where you live - California
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - 2nd generation Mexican American.
Do you know your roots - Yeah.
Favorite musical genre - The Blues and every genre born from it. (Don't make me choose, I love almost everything.)
Your profession/major/career interest - CompSci
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic
Hobbies - Consuming Video Games, Reading, Movies, TV, Music, and Board Games. When I am not doing that, trying to make games.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's, I am a West Coaster so it is the best we get.
Marvel or DC? - Both
Favorite superhero? - If we are talking about just capes, Spidey. Kamala is gaining on him though.
Anime or Nah? - You should see my Stand.
Favorite sport and team? - Do eSports count?
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Mulan but I pretty much love all of them.
What's your favorite video game and genre? Action/Adventure. Like musical genres, I like pretty much everything.

Numb

idk how all of you do it. I feel like I aged 10 years going through that inkling thread.

What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - 2nd generation Mexican American.
Favorite musical genre - The Blues and every genre born from it. (Don't make me choose, I love almost everything.)
Hobbies - Consuming Video Games, Reading, Movies, TV, Music, and Board Games. When I am not doing that, trying to make games.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's, I am a West Coaster so it is the best we get.
Marvel or DC? - Both
Favorite superhero? - If we are talking about just capes, Spidey. Kamala is gaining on him though.
What's your favorite video game and genre? Action/Adventure. Like musical genres, I like pretty much everything.
Welcome

Johndoey

Banned

What is your age? - 25
Marvel or DC? - Both
How's life treating ya?

What is your age? - 25
Marvel or DC? - Both

Welcome. I see you also reside in the greatest state in this nation

Izuna

Banned

What is your age? - 25
Marvel or DC? - Both

Hey

Good morning BCT.

-questionnaire-

Welcome! Yea those type of threads can be a pain to even read. I've been busy with RL stuff to the point that I know engaging with some GAF threads would tilt me. Whenever I have a clear mind I engage with them though.

It's time we make a game that's unapologetically black. So black that it hurts souls. We need this and we need this now.

Get Out the Game. So good and black you can't ignore it.

Malyse

Evoland 2 is shockingly good. Evoland was an average game with interesting presentation, E2 is a game I would play from jump with cool mechanics thrown in.

How am I just finding this video now. This is my Twitter timeline all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzu04rkta1U

Morning DM. How's everything?

I seriously want to do this. We can craft a story and everything. We'll need to pick a genre, but that shouldn't be too hard

Life is good. I had leg day at the gym this morning and then did grocery shopping. I'll probably stroll downtown for a bit closer to noon. How's things on your end?

Souls-type genre. Ha imagine if Bloodborne 2 was filled with Black characters. Too many people would rage.

shingi70

Banned
Morning BCT,

Just found out the manger who was 2nd in charge of the store I work and has been with the company for more than 20+ years just got demoted to being basic team member.

At that point I would just retire.

How am I just finding this video now. This is my Twitter timeline all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzu04rkta1U

Life is good. I had leg day at the gym this morning and then did grocery shopping. I'll probably stroll downtown for a bit closer to noon. How's things on your end?

Souls-type genre. Ha imagine if Bloodborne 2 was filled with Black characters. Too many people would rage.

I gotta go grocery shopping and hit the gym. I'll be at Costco though.

Things are good. My vacation ends tomorrow. Back to work and that long commute. Have a huge presentation due week after this, so...heaven help us all.

This will work. Gives the flexibility for enemies and worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom