• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, there's lurkers from the G-side?

Ahem...

Why do you want to be me so bad? You want my music, my style of dress, my slang, my sexual prowess(according to you). You consider me the epitome of "cool" or the icon of physicality. You even want me for the things you stereotype me for.

Stop hating yourselves, your just as good as I am.

Got white people hair
Forget white people wanting to touch even niggas do shocked of softness. Had a fro once that couldn't do shit vs wind

Why i keep it as short as possible 24/7 to degree of baldness

Pulled a DJ Quik on Easter Sunday, once. It was glorious

Numb

Pulled a DJ Quik on Easter Sunday, once. It was glorious

giphy.gif

Sch1sm

The black hair frustration is so real. That's why I admire women who just say "nah breh" and they're winning with their own natural looks. I guess I am salty because corporate America pretty much has their expectations of what professional and respectable and clean look like, and natural aint it.

100%. Recently seen more and more of them just decide to start over entirely and they're rocking it even as it is still short. It looks slick, too. They're doing them, it's amazing.

Worst part about corporate America, though, is even if it is clean and natural, it's different and they can't respect it. Been more than one story in the last year here in Toronto where girls were told to remove box braids/braids, or sent home for having their hair in a bun while at work. It's magical.

darklin0

Banned
Must be something in the Florida water because I ain't met one above 5'9 lol..shit would be like seeing Bigfoot over here. In fact, anyone from Mexico down I've ever met is that height. Anecdotal, obviously..
My family is a bit of a unicorn though. Lol

---

If we are talking hair, mine is wack. Somewhere in between straight/curly and thin. I can never figure out a style that suits me.

Numb

If only i could rock crazy colorful turbans without getting looks and friends and family roasting me

They see being black as going to an amusement park. They want in, but won't pay the admission. They definitely don't want to pay for that season or lifetime pass

Nah they saw the difficulty is on hard and can't be changed
Just a taste is enough and the option to return is great

If only i could rock crazy colorful turbans without getting looks and friends and family roasting me

Nah they saw the difficulty is on hard and can't be changed
Just a taste is enough and the option to return is great

But I thought they were real gamers and loves souls games

zeemumu

idk how all of you do it. I feel like I aged 10 years going through that inkling thread.

Where you're from - California
Where you live - California
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - 2nd generation Mexican American.
Do you know your roots - Yeah.
Favorite musical genre - The Blues and every genre born from it. (Don't make me choose, I love almost everything.)
Your profession/major/career interest - CompSci
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic
Hobbies - Consuming Video Games, Reading, Movies, TV, Music, and Board Games. When I am not doing that, trying to make games.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's, I am a West Coaster so it is the best we get.
Marvel or DC? - Both
Favorite superhero? - If we are talking about just capes, Spidey. Kamala is gaining on him though.
Anime or Nah? - You should see my Stand.
Favorite sport and team? - Do eSports count?
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Mulan but I pretty much love all of them.
What's your favorite video game and genre? Action/Adventure. Like musical genres, I like pretty much everything.

Sup

WTH is the response to bullying always, "I ran away and now I'm sad" or "who do I tell to resolve this"?
Cause we punish kids for fighting back now.

I caught a suspension for decking a kid who came at me with a bat. And had to apologize to him.

We've made the victims culpable in this shit. It's really gross.

I caught a suspension for decking a kid who came at me with a bat. And had to apologize to him.

I'm not a parent but to anyone who is, how would you handle finding out your kid got suspended for fighting back?

Ah, OK. My first response is "Why didn't you punch him in the mouth?" We always, always had to be ready to fight when I was a kid. We fought so much that my pops bought 10oz boxing gloves and after that fights always got handled at the park.

I'm not a parent but to anyone who is, how would you handle finding out your kid got suspended for fighting back?

I'd say, "good on you for defending yourself" and then I'd explain how the system isn't always fair or right and you should always choose to defend yourself if you feel its necessary and that I'd never be angry or punish them for that.

Ah, OK. My first response is "Why didn't you punch him in the mouth?" We always, always had to be ready to fight when I was a kid. We fought so much that my pops bought 10oz boxing gloves and after that fights always got handled at the park.
Yeeeeep. It's why when I got up north for HS I was so shocked. Their attitude was "just take it and call a teacher or somebody after the fact" like what? Of somebody swings you swing back then it's settled and we all move on with our lives.

Tho being 6' and athletic helped deter folks from further fuckery​ (that and putting a fool in a full choke).

Yeeeeep. It's why when I got up north for HS I was so shocked. Their attitude was "just take it and call a teacher or somebody after the fact" like what? Of somebody swings you swing back then it's settled and we all move on with our lives.

Tho being 6' and athletic helped deter folks from further fuckery (that and putting a fool in a full choke).

That was always what I thought was the big difference between men and women, Men had beef, usually fought and it was over...everyone knew where they stood. Very rarely did I have to fight a kid twice, not because I was a badass but because it was squashed after that.

Numb

That was always what I thought was the big difference between men and women, Men had beef, usually fought and it was over...everyone knew where they stood. Very rarely did I have to fight a kid twice, not because I was a badass but because it was squashed after that.

The fights i've been in ended and that was it
Every girl fight i saw was never simple
When girls give you shit you just nod or avoid/run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom